Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Sad story.......what bummer for this kid. >

Sad story.......what bummer for this kid.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sad story.......what bummer for this kid.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

From what I understand by several people, she just ran it over on purpose. Where the truck was, not sure.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sad story.......what bummer for this kid.

A local kid and his dad just got into the hobby. They purchased a new Lightning ST less than a week ago. During the thrid tank on break-in be was driving it at 1/4 throttle and the lady that lives next to them ran the truck over.......Yes, she meant to. They had issues with here before but nothing like this.

She will not pay for the damage and going to court will take to long and cause more prob. in the future.

I put the chassis in the jig and got it as straight as as poss.

They bought a new motor (old motor case has huge hole in it) and I got it broke in for them.

This is a prime example of a person who hates life.

I have helped out as much as I can, if there is anything any of you can do, please lmk.

Thanks guys.
Attached Thumbnails Sad story.......what bummer for this kid.-ran-over-1.jpg   Sad story.......what bummer for this kid.-ran-over-2.jpg  
Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

That sucks but I am also old enough to know that there are 2 sides to every story.

Did she drive up into their yard/driveway to run it over?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hmmm . . . looks like the server time is freaking out. Not sure how you could reply to my post 13 minutes before I made it and 10 minutes before you made the thread even.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

I was wondering the same thing. I tried to fix it, but no luck.......Maybe the mean lady is messing with it.......lol
Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dude that suck .....sorry to hear .....some people don't look at this hobby seriously.....they think it all toys and grown men being childish.....for example my boss see no point in rc hobby and i told him what the point in golf which i have nothing against golf but its all about everyone have a different hobby...i wish you and your luck on getting your car ready

blaze
Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks blaze.

I have it all ready for them, but the servos are acting up bad.....Go figure right.

There were a few people on here who helped some.....Thanks to all of them.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have seee this happen before. A large group of us were running out at the local hobbytown parking lot. It was like 10:30 11:00 oclock at night. There wasnt much if any traffic around. An OU football player and a friend of mine came out to run his MT2 with us. Halfway through his frist tank a car comes into the parking lot. They acted like they were just watching us run and stayed outta the way. No big deal. Until the Football players car traction rolled. The car then accelerated towards his car and ran it over. We could hear the occupants of the car laughing. My first thought was ask the guy who was filming if he caught it on film which he did. Then i look up and see Chejoke Oniyagetcha (the football player.) all 6'3 225lbs of him running towards the car that ran his over. So i followed suit. I run a 4.2 second 40 yard dash, ill put it this way the car didnt make it outta the parking lot before we ran it down. Chejoke pulls the driver outta the car and just about started wailing until i grabbed him and told him to calm down. At that time we called the cops. They came out of course the driver denied the whole thing. We showed the cops the video and the cops said they would have to pay for the car. Well luckily we are friends with the hobby town owner and the bonestock MT2 that got ran over very quickly became about a $1500 fully custom MT2. I dont think the driver of the car will ever go near another RC car for the rest of his life.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Wes......I am glad you had it on tape.....That is cool.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Glad I am able to help.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Member "annie_himself" has helped with servos..........Thanks amillion.

As soon as I get the truck race ready for them, I will get some pics for you guys.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

there are some people that don't care about other people thing... sometime they will get what coming to them ...
Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

that's just sick...I hate people so much sometimes.
If she has a dog, I would run it over.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am just glad RCFreak and other people on the forum helped out. That was cool thing.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
I am just glad RCFreak and other people on the forum helped out. That was cool thing.
Now its YOUR turn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.