Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
clutch shoes/spring installation how to? >

clutch shoes/spring installation how to?

clutch shoes/spring installation how to?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default clutch shoes/spring installation how to?

whats the easiest way to get those damn clutch shoes/springs onto the flywheel, i just cant figure it out.

ps: i tried searching "clutch" and "clutch spring" and i couldnt find anything. i have a feeling im doing it wrong?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

what manufacturers clutch is it ?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This is a clutch shoe/spring tool. It collapses the spring. I prefer to just use a screwdriver to put them on. This can help to pull them off.

http://www.sportwerksrc.com/Search/D...ch=Clutch+tool
Old 11-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
This is a clutch shoe/spring tool. It collapses the spring. I prefer to just use a screwdriver to put them on. This can help to pull them off.

http://www.sportwerksrc.com/Search/D...ch=Clutch+tool
it said there was an error with the site or something..

the manufacturer is OFNA racing flywheel, clutch, shoes and springs are all OFNA. engine is lrp .28 zspec.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

the ofna / jammin stuff is pretty easy to install . you probably havent ever put a 3 shoe clutch system together i am willing to bet ?? looking at the flywheel installed on the crank , the engine will rotate counter clock wise , the clutch shoes hang off of the posts so that they trail in rotation make sure you use the spacer shims that go under the shoe , then install the shoes with the spring in the shoe over the post , make sure the part of the spring that sticks out of the shoe to the inside is on the side of the crank that would pull the shoe into center and closed position and create tension when you stick your tuning screwdriver between the crank and the mentioned tail of the spring . spread it out a little while pushing down on the shoe , should slide right on if you are using the 1.1 gauge springs then you may have to use a 3 shoe clutch tool as they are very high tension and you will more than likely end up stabbing your palm , and it hurts
hope this helps,
monty

Last edited by houston; 11-18-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by what happened?
it said there was an error with the site or something..

the manufacturer is OFNA racing flywheel, clutch, shoes and springs are all OFNA. engine is lrp .28 zspec.
http://www.sportwerksrc.com/
Search clutch tool.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by houston
the ofna / jammin stuff is pretty easy to install . you probably havent ever put a 3 shoe clutch system together i am willing to bet ?? looking at the flywheel installed on the crank , the engine will rotate counter clock wise , the clutch shoes hang off of the posts so that they trail in rotation make sure you use the spacer shims that go under the shoe , then install the shoes with the spring in the shoe over the post , make sure the part of the spring that sticks out of the shoe to the inside is on the side of the crank that would pull the shoe into center and closed position when you stick your tuning screwdriver between the crank and the mentioned tail of the spring . spread it out a little while pushing down on the shoe , should slide right on if you are using the 1.1 gauge springs then you may have to use a 3 shoe clutch tool as they are very high tension and you will more than likely end up stabbing your palm , and it hurts
hope this helps,
monty
hmmm, i can get them in the proper position and that, but i just cant get the springs to fold back like theyre supposed to, around the flywheel nut. im not sure what kind of springs they are, they are gold. and what did you say about the washers? i didnt put those in... should i have? and where do i put em?

and yes, ive stabbed my palms many times, its not fun at all.