R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Which clutch? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/191269-clutch.html)

PRScustom 11-17-2007 12:47 PM

Which clutch?

I am going to replace the stock clutch on my 8ight T. I was looking at getting the Fironi sliding clutch, or the Werks racing clutch. Which one do you guys prefer? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

rhymster 11-17-2007 01:44 PM

i have heard about problems with werks but i run a mugen clutch

tdeal823 11-17-2007 03:23 PM

losi stock!!!!!
the reason the truck accelerates so well is the clutch setup.

try the dynamite max lifes alot of 8t guys like them. Don't know the spring rate combo as I don't run umt.

also herd of the 8t guys running 2 forward and 2 reverse.

rhymster 11-17-2007 07:34 PM

i wouldnt the losi clutch sucks id does hit hard but its not durable at all i went thru i dont know how many kh shoes and springs and max life shoes to 4 flywheels and bearings. i would just go with the tried and true 3 shoe clutch

Jason Halvorson 11-17-2007 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by tdeal823 (Post 3876703)
losi stock!!!!!

try the dynamite max lifes alot of 8t guys like them. Don't know the spring rate combo as I don't run umt.

also herd of the 8t guys running 2 forward and 2 reverse.

+1 I also would not change the stock clutch setup on the 8T...

UN4RACING 11-17-2007 09:34 PM

I'm using the 3 shoe on one kit and a Mugen on the other.
I like the 3 shoe with 1.1 springs. More snap with out the bogg on the bottom. You can tune the Low end fatter.
It idles better and when off power it rolls threw the turn free'r and faster.

PRScustom 11-20-2007 04:58 PM

The reason I want to replace it is because I can't get the clutch bearings to last. I know they were quickly, but I have to replace mine after every race day. Last time I took them out the were disentigrated.

garen 11-20-2007 05:19 PM

If you choose the Fioroni clutch, I suggest the Twin Turbo shoes in the black compound. You'll get the standard springs with this bag, and I suggest getting a bag of the optional stiff springs. Email me at [email protected] and I'll email you a word document explaining everything you need to know about the Turbo Sliding series.

If you want to stick with the stock Losi clutch, Fioroni also produces ergal shoes for it.

The Fioroni Adjustable clutch is also good, very similar to the Werks, and while it can be adjusted precisely, it is a bit more work. However, I do recommend it for truggies.

GHETTOTEACHER 11-21-2007 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by tdeal823 (Post 3876703)
losi stock!!!!!

try the dynamite max lifes alot of 8t guys like them. .

That is one of the best known secrets!! SSSSHHHHHH ;)

I run these shoes with a combination of (2) 1.0 and (1) 1.1 spring.

Best clutch shoes on the market!

Jason Halvorson 11-21-2007 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by PRScustom (Post 3888297)
The reason I want to replace it is because I can't get the clutch bearings to last. I know they were quickly, but I have to replace mine after every race day. Last time I took them out the were disentigrated.

when i had my 8ight i would put one drop of bearing oil (for electric motors) on the bearing after ever qualifier, and my bearing would last 5 times longer...i still do this with all my clutch bearings and it helps to prolong the life, hope this helps...