Search

TOP OF THE LINE TRUGGY???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

JAMMIN NATION!!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Nah mate, what you want is a hyperST mate!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Dont listen to these losers everyone knows Mugens 5T is the best trug you can buy. Kyosho! HA! if you love building RC's with all phillips head screws be my guest. While your at it can you build me a new bookcase with all that carpenter skills your acquiring by building a Kyosho kit.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The coarse thread screws make the car much easier to assemble; my ST-R went together in one sitting versus having to split the build on my SP1 and the conversion of my 7.5 to machine thread screws.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeremyS
JAMMIN NATION!!!!!
hey i agree its a jammin nation
Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TKCastle
Dont listen to these losers everyone knows Mugens 5T is the best trug you can buy. Kyosho! HA! if you love building RC's with all phillips head screws be my guest. While your at it can you build me a new bookcase with all that carpenter skills your acquiring by building a Kyosho kit.
Yea... phillips screw sucks and so does the coarse threads.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Yea... phillips screw sucks and so does the coarse threads.
thats the biggest problem i have with the kyosho...
Old 11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Regular

xray
Old 12-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Xray, Mugen, Losi, Kyosho - all great trucks, it just depends on what feels good to you on the track...

Xray - quality, fit and finish are tops..without question. Has more steering then the Mugen, accelerates and flys like the Losi, light weight and tough - downside is you have to pay more for captured hinge pins (well worth it though..lots more adjustments available) and the stock shocks are not up to the rest of the truck

Mugen - a winner, plain and simple. Tough as nails, can be adjusted to drive however you like - great design and proven at tracks all across the world. It likes to be driven hard and can slide around any corner

Losi - fast, light, jumps like a kangaroo, shocks are good - downside is the squirrely nature of the handling (to me anyways), quick wearing parts, and slop

Kyosho (ST-RR) - bad for sure. Best shocks on the market (I use these shocks on my xray), top quality, very fast on the track - pricey though, but prices are coming down..

I have the xray and love it..it is as quick as the Losi, can turn under anything out there, but it can still be driven hard like the Mugen - shock upgrade is needed imo though (hence my using the K Big Bores - they make the truck so much better in the rough and in the high speed corners). I have driven all but the ST-RR, but I am gonna wheel one this weekend and see what it is all about, but they look very good on the track! Bottom line, all the top companie's truggies have more handling and potential then 90% of us can even use, so try and drive a few different ones and see which one you like the best and go from there!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
thats the biggest problem i have with the kyosho...
hi, will Mugen also release a big bore shocks like the other manufacturers and if not can i use the K big bore shocks with my MBX 5T ProSpec thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

All the above mentioned trucks are good. It is important to find a truck that works for you. Driving style, wrenching habits, skill level, size of your wallet, etc. All these factors should be considered when jumping into a new vehicle.

CEN Racing is a newer company with a smaller following in the racing world, but definately growing nontheless. Most of our customers find that not only is the Matrix TR easy to drive, work on, and maintain, but you wont put a dent in your bank account when it's time to rebuild or replace a part.

We have designed our current racing line based on the larger group of racers. This group consists of beginner, novice, sportsman, and intermediate drivers. Without these consumers there would be no race to go to. Only the nationals, and worlds.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

So how good is the Robitronic Mantis?

I know there are some things not perfect about it, but they come out with new parts.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:03 AM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm stuck with an xray and a mugen truggy.

Any advise?.

Just feel like a change after 3 years of crt.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
hey i agree its a jammin nation
Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Coming from somebody who just got into racing this summer, I would say Losi or Mugen. I had the Jammin, I could not make it turn. I'm a total rookie and tried every different setup and diff oil that was "supposed" to work. Nothing I did helped. I sucked and crashed all the time. I was going to give up I was so mad. I bought a Losi and immediately became a better racer. The car turns under anything on the track. Probably a little too quick and can be twitchy for a beginner. It wears fast and has a lot of slop. I corrected most of the problems and I'm so happy, I bought another 8T and two Losi buggies. I'm hooked. I drove the Mugen and can say if I didn't have the Losi, I would buy the Mugen next without a doubt. The handling seems more neutral than my truck, but still turns well. It's heavier, but well built. Both have parts available anywhere I shop. That's just my honest experience, I never drove anything else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.