Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Pictures of modified V-spec sleeves >

Pictures of modified V-spec sleeves

Pictures of modified V-spec sleeves

Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pictures of modified V-spec sleeves

Hi, can someone please post pictures of modified sleeves for the V-Spec (eb mods, JP, OS Speed etc).
Would be interesting to see the difference.

Frode
Old 11-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 11-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

LOL! would be interesting to see or are you thinking that you'd grab a dremel and make an attempt of your own, basically duplicate their work?

The sleeve is only only a small part of a modified engine. The piston, crank, button head, and even the crank case itself may have been worked.

There are many great articles on 2-stroke engine porting. Read up. You'll see/learn that engine porting governed by many factors such as rod length, port height within the case itself...

Just looking at a piston sleeve and "unlocking" speed secrets just isn't going to happen...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I looked at modded V-spec that was ran by a pretty good sponsored racer. They modded the crank and sleeve but didn't even touch the sharp edge on the exhaust where it meets the pipe or touch anything in the case (most italian engines have a nice break or radius on the exhaust) To me the sleeve on a v-spec is pretty decent from the factory, I think you can gain alot with the work on the case.

Rex
Old 11-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anybody who would post a pic of a modded sleeve or crank is doing the modifier a big disrespect. these guys spend countless hours fine tuning there cuts and not to mention r&d time an money. good engine modifiers who know what to do to each specific engine and application have spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars on r&d not to mention equipment used to make each cut the same. cnc machines for instance aint cheap. if you want to know the difference talk the modifier himself he will explain to you what u need to know. when choosing a modifier look at his resume see what races his motors have won. www.murnanmodifiedmotors.com check him out good guy and the motors scream.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Yeah, true that. My good friend here where I run modifies a lot of peoples motors including my own and as a courtesy I always keep the engines no matter what. Even when they are wore out I hang on to them so they are not getting circulated for others to dissect.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well its not a V-Spec... But here is the sleeve of a Picco P7R EVO2 i have modified... This whole sleeve was done 100% by hand files, only using a dremel for final smoothing...

Old 11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

I haven't seen any modded motors that looked like they were done on a cnc. I have alway's been curios why the Picco motors transfer ports are angled the wrong way? (I'm assuming cost, because everything is done from one angle)

Maxximo, nice looking sleeve, usually the cut on the side ports are both on the exhaust side.

Rex
Old 11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

I dont seee how the Picco transfers are cut wrong... these motors make massive power on the dyno... If Picco is doing something different its obviously working....
Old 11-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

The air traveling through the tranfer port flows the opposite way (from inside out) On Novarossi's and the Axe Rossi I've worked on the transfer ports angle upward to help flow. The Picco's are the same angle as the ports, it must not be a big deal because I know picco's have good power.

Rex
Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 22Racer
The air traveling through the tranfer port flows the opposite way (from inside out) On Novarossi's and the Axe Rossi I've worked on the transfer ports angle upward to help flow. The Picco's are the same angle as the ports, it must not be a big deal because I know picco's have good power.

Rex
Ahh your refering the to the bypass ports, not the transfer ports.... the 2 small ports on the lower portion of the sleeve correct ??????

the the Picco transfer ports are no different then any other mills..
Old 11-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AH BUNK ! if you post pics of these moddified engine parts nobody is going to send out the spy police to take you down ! If you think that the big modders' out there don't know what the other is doing ,your nuts!! They don't care they believe what they do is good for their app. I have talked with a bunch of them and they know! And they do their own style of modding and stand by it.