777 WC vs Losi 8 vs MBX5 >

777 WC vs Losi 8 vs MBX5

777 WC vs Losi 8 vs MBX5

Old 11-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default 777 WC vs Losi 8 vs MBX5

Hi,

I been doing on road for a few years, now that both tracks crystal park and socal are about to close, I am thinking about getting back to 1/8 buggy. I still have 2 K3 that are ready to run however, the last time I drove with my friend, his 777sp1 just run circle around my K3 so time for a new buggy.

Can someone tell me the + and - of each buggy? I will be going to Revelation.

Thanks.

Last edited by straightaway; 11-10-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.rc-car.com/ME2/dirmod.asp...C42CA09BC6D9AD

all 3 are real good in different ways and you will get probably 40 totally different opinions.

i have driven a losi and my mugens on a time clock and my fastest lap was done by a losi but over a couple of 5 minute heats i was faster and more consistant with a car i am more used too.....that also was the basis of me going to a mbx5r from a prospec instead of the losi. i am a pretty average driver i would say not great not awful. alot though will depend on your driving style
Old 11-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

What is the major + for losi? Everyone is telling me it is the buggy to get.

I am just an average driver probably lower B main level.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by straightaway
Hi,

I been doing on road for a few years, now that both tracks crystal park and socal are about to close, I am thinking about getting back to 1/8 buggy. I still have 2 K3 that are ready to run however, the last time I drove with my friend, his 777sp1 just run circle around my K3 so time for a new buggy.

Can someone tell me the + and - of each buggy? I will be going to Revelation.

Thanks.
i think RC Car magazine did some buggy shootout using those 3 buggies if you could get hold of that copy it might help you of what buggy to choose
Old 11-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by straightaway
What is the major + for losi? Everyone is telling me it is the buggy to get.

I am just an average driver probably lower B main level.
it drives more like a tc where its more of a finesse buggy to drive it really fast. i like the mbx5r over the rough stuff alot better. imo the 777wc would probably be the easiest for you to get used to as it is a better handling car (so i am told) than a k2 or k3... if you can drive them. we have a few losi pros that race where i do and the majority run that car but there is also a good mix of other cars that get into the A. people will tell you that it is a dominant car..imo it is a very good car and losi very good race team+you can usually get parts for it locally (there was a couple times the shop ran out of parts) last few big races though have all been won with different cars other than a losi. Mugen won worlds warm up, kyosho won the pro series final and odonnel won the nitro cross with 2 AE rc8's behind him....no matter what anyone on a message board says though YOU have a gut feeling and if you dont trust it you will always second guess yourself.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by buboy28
i think RC Car magazine did some buggy shootout using those 3 buggies if you could get hold of that copy it might help you of what buggy to choose
http://www.rc-car.com/ME2/dirmod.asp...2CA0 9BC6D9AD
that is what that link went too
Old 11-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the link.

Here is the link again:

http://www.rc-car.com/ME2/dirmod.asp...C42CA09BC6D9AD

Which one is more durable? I mean finishing a long main w/o breaking down. I race 1/8 on road. In a 15-20 main, usually only 6 or less out of 10 finishes. Many times, the fast guys don't finish becasue their cars break down.

Last edited by straightaway; 11-11-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

they all can break but outside of me forgetting to charge a receiver pack my car has only broken 2 shock ends in a race and one time got clubbed at near full speed by another buggy knocking the pipe off the mount and leaving a big gap between the pipe and manifold and knocking the engine out of alignment lol..that is over a whole season. i see the losi breaking the most everything from chassis to a arms and even a gear box..its not that common though considering there are roughly 50 losi's at a big race here lol(both the best and worst drivers pick this car).kyosho that i have seen at our track don't break but there is never more than 3-4 at a race here. most common car in order would be 8ight, jammin, hyper8, mugen then kyosho.all of those cars (and a few more) all can win. 90% of it is getting used to your car and tuning the engine...sure some are easier to get into the ball park by having alot of people having set ups that work but they are for the most part all capable cars. losi, hyper, jammin, kyosho,mugen, AE, CEN, OCM, Xray and the OD buggy have all won/placed in big races this year... the word "dominate" using to describe a 1/8th scale buggy is a little exaggerated...just might seem like it because of who and how many may run it locally.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are familiar with the Kyosho buggies , and you have 2 of them now with a lot of parts that will still work, I would get the K car ! If you like to drive a precise line, the the K car will definitely do it and do it well!
I run a Losi right now and can turn much better laps with a K car because it is what I have driven for years, nothing against Losi ,they did a magnificent job ! But it's all in the hands of the beholder.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I would just stick with your k3. I think it can be as fast as anything
Old 11-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

just think about how fast the Losi parts wear out and how it eats steerig servos. Considering the fact you own a K car now, go buy a Kyosho 777WC
Old 11-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The Kyosho and Mugen handle and fly very similar. They are on par with each other in durability as well. Pick which one you think looks prettier, or which one has better parts availability where you race because there is very little functional difference.

The Losi IMO doesn't handle BETTER. It just handles a little different as others have said, more like a TC. It does fly better than the Kyosho and Mugen because of the centered engine layout. The con to the Losi is that it isn't as durable as the other 2. The Losis here break more frequently than the Mugens and Kyoshos. Compare arm size and drive shaft size on a Losi and Mugen/Kyosho to see what I am talking about.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

I run the 5R over here in the uk and its high grip tracks normally, i upgraded to the 5R this summer after running the prospec for the last 3 years, in that time i have broken 3 front arms after renewing them and all of them were this past summer before converting, it seems there were some bad batches of arms and i got them, that said i havent done any since on either versions, Mugen good points for me at least

1, bulletproof driveline (the best imo)

2, the car never wears out (only reason i changed the front arms were because the old ones were looking old no other reason)

3, excellent build quality

4, just look at what the 5R or prospec come with standard the spec is top notch way above most other buggies.

downside

1, weighs a bit more than some newer cars

2, some say lacks steering but then again i never need full lock anyway

3, im sure that there may be others but not for me at least.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pwnzor
just think about how fast the Losi parts wear out and how it eats steerig servos. Considering the fact you own a K car now, go buy a Kyosho 777WC

i hate when you get comments from people that are bashing another companies car b/c they don't drive it... I have heard about the servos and everything but that is all in the set-up of the servos... i would say %75 of our buggy class is losi's and i know i havn't had any servo problems and i know alot of people that havn't had servo problems but i also know people that have had problems with servos and i think some of those people were the ones that couldn't get the spektrum to work right...lol... but if you want to know about the 3 buggies look at where you do the most of your shopping and see what they have and if you shop online i would just look and see what everyone else is running b/c of parts avalibilty at the track... b/c they are all good buggies and like someone said earlier anyone of them can win in the right hands and dependso n what kind of driving style you have.

-DC-
Old 11-11-2007, 02:28 PM

I dont think you will go wrong with either one they are all good, for me i dont like Kyosho because they use phillips head screws. The losi is a good buggy and i have not seen the servo issue people are talking about but they are tough, parts wear out a little quicker than the other two though but overall, not really a problem, .

I dont think the majority of people know how to setup there buggies and i doubt most ppl would be quicker with one or the other, bottom line buy what u like, it wont make that much difference, especially if u are a newb.

I myself drive mugen and think i would be just as slow with either be it kyoslow, lose-e or x-raped...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.