HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HIGH DOWN FORCE WINGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Those wing do influence the way the car handles. I used to have a Xray Xb8TQ, which rear wheels always wanted to be faster than front ones Putting the Proline wing helped a little bit to cope with that problem...It also made it jump a bit nose high, so i had to let the throttle off earlier.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
I would stay away from the Team Cow bar products they are Junk stick with a proven world chap brand......PROLINE

Have you used the Team cobra wing before ?

Just because a world champion uses a wing does not mean it's the best wing on the market, sponsored drivers do not pay for there parts and have a endless supply at there disposal

I used to use pro-line wings, but got sick of buying one every month, they crack and bend out of shape after a couple of crashes

I've been using the team cobra wing on my buggy and truggy and race every 2 weeks and have not cracked or bent them out of shape in the last 2 months

just some info for you

I race in Brisbane and will be happy to show you my pile of broken pro-line wings and the Team Cobra wing on my cars

just my 2 cents

What's your name Nitrojunkie
Old 11-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Which ever wing you decide to purchase will definitely make a difference in the cars handling. You can change the way the car feels now just buy changing the angle of your current wing. I am not going to say it will be night and day different but I remember when I put my first proline high down force wing on, it was noticeable.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John K
Have you used the Team cobra wing before ?

Just because a world champion uses a wing does not mean it's the best wing on the market, sponsored drivers do not pay for there parts and have a endless supply at there disposal

I used to use pro-line wings, but got sick of buying one every month, they crack and bend out of shape after a couple of crashes

I've been using the team cobra wing on my buggy and truggy and race every 2 weeks and have not cracked or bent them out of shape in the last 2 months

just some info for you

I race in Brisbane and will be happy to show you my pile of broken pro-line wings and the Team Cobra wing on my cars

just my 2 cents

What's your name Nitrojunkie
well I'm on my second HD Proline wing in 12months of racing and there is nothing wrong with the first one its just i got the black one instead of the white which i previously used (looks better)

i have bent it a few time but straightened out perfectly with a bit of heat from a heat gun and stay straight again
Old 11-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

edit*

Last edited by maximugen; 11-10-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

hehe take it easy ppl , back to topic from what ive read each wing has its pro's and cons and suit racers differently, what track they race and conditions that they have to deal with each week or 2nd week, ive gone with the Proline HD wing and yea sure it helps with handling considering my track is fast technical with 2 double doubles on the straight , on a windy day id say the buggies would get about 1.5- 2m in the air launching at 50km/h after leaving a S turn, helps stabalise the car nicely, ive seen how the Losi8Wing goes and man the buggy lands sweet with the BB shocks and that wing, and its made for the Losi so stick with the Losi wing if you have a Losi, what ever you want, you can always change back, hmm i cant say anything about other wings but ill be sure to grab 1 of each and try my luck and see.

check the conditions, if you know what they are over all choose the wing that does the job that you want it to do.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximugen
Can you send me a photo of that pile of broken wings, you must be fairly hopeless to break them HAHA

or did you use the proline ones as "toys" on your american buddy

I have raced ,watched and scrutineered johns buggys and can tell you he is better than most out there (oh i raced in europe too so i should now)
I cant undrestands your mentality or lack of it to judge anyones driving skills when you havent seen them race (grow up or is it to late).
What gives anyone the right to comment on there skills when you have no idea of what you are talking about and you are over the other side of the WORLD. If you race you have to maintain the vehicle regardless of the the class. WINGS do get a hammering from yourself and others ramming you.
The Question is Hi Down Force or standard not how often you throw them in the BIN.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got sick off bending the pro-line wing so i started heating it up with a heat gun and bending it back! as im sick off buying them... Now im useing the ofna high force wing and man its coped a beating been on for 3 months now and its nearly time to replace. hasnt bent back on its self at all...i think the only time you will notice the difference is when jumping or on a high speed corner
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Got my popcorn for this one.
"DING-DING"
Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by o.s. power
Scale speed, 35 mph for a 1/10 scale is equivalent to 350mph for a 1/1 car. Aero starts to work anywhere from 50-70 on a 1/1 car. Different wings will have an effect on the flight and handling of the car not matter what, you almost need to try them all and see which one you like.

just because the cars are scaled down, doesnt mean the wind is......speed is speed. the wind hitting my 1/1 car is the same wind hitting my buggy.

and put a truck and a car with the same motor, and same weight but different aero package going down the interstate at 40 mph one gets better gas milage
Old 11-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maximugen
Can you send me a photo of that pile of broken wings, you must be fairly hopeless to break them HAHA

or did you use the proline ones as "toys" on your american buddy
You sound like a little Child with no knowledge whats so ever .Go and drink mummies milk you inbreed .

American Buddy ah you have a problem with Americans??
Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by derricklong38
just because the cars are scaled down, doesnt mean the wind is......speed is speed. the wind hitting my 1/1 car is the same wind hitting my buggy.

and put a truck and a car with the same motor, and same weight but different aero package going down the interstate at 40 mph one gets better gas milage
you just proved my point! a truck has more frontal area that a car. A high down force wing has more frontal area than a standard wing.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by XXXRAY
I got sick off bending the pro-line wing so i started heating it up with a heat gun and bending it back! as im sick off buying them... Now im useing the ofna high force wing and man its coped a beating been on for 3 months now and its nearly time to replace. hasnt bent back on its self at all...i think the only time you will notice the difference is when jumping or on a high speed corner
What's the difference between the Ofna and the Pro-Line iwngs?' they look very similar to me....

And what's wrong with the Himoto wing?? It looks cool!! Is it flimsy (breaks easy) or something??
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Buggies are terrible when it comes to aerodynamics. Those shock towers will destroy any kind of flow over the buggy, along with the cooling head. I can hardly believe someone feeling the difference between say a Proline or J Concepts HD wing. When you change your shock angle, you mess with the aerodynamics. When you change tires, you mess with the aerodynamics. You swap out cooling heads, you mess with the aerodynamics. A lot of people don't even consider that. Can anyone feel the aerodynamic difference when you switch the brand of the body? I think not.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACING MASON
Got my popcorn for this one.
"DING-DING"
tell me about it!!! but these boys need to take it easy, or there gonna get them selfs in some trouble with the mods...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.