Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 PM
  #10966  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,061
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So here's the bottom line on the new chassis. The tail whips around a little faster than alot of people like according to what they are telling me. However, it gets through the turn faster bottom line. I found out you have to run the car harder into the turn to make it stick. I just did a full two day test with old chassis and the new stock chassis was almost a second faster a lap consistently once I drove it differently.
RACEWORLDRC is offline  
Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 PM
  #10967  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RACEWORLDRC
So here's the bottom line on the new chassis. The tail whips around a little faster than alot of people like according to what they are telling me. However, it gets through the turn faster bottom line. I found out you have to run the car harder into the turn to make it stick. I just did a full two day test with old chassis and the new stock chassis was almost a second faster a lap consistently once I drove it differently.
Are you running a heavier rear diff oil to compensate for the hard corner entry necessary for the chassis? What about rear hub position?
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 05:40 AM
  #10968  
Tech Apprentice
 
Wakizashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by jason in pcb
don't want to brag, but I just bought a mbx6t roller with 1 race on it( still brand new w/ no scratches) for $200 w/ new custom body. I put a werks B5 w/ 2013 pipe (brand new) on for $300. 2 savox 1258tg high tor. $150. starter box $40. will start break-in on sat. sooo $750 sounds super high for used stuff that prob. needs maj. overhaul. just my 2 cents
Can you share the links about rc car sales ?
If i buy items abroad, i'll pay %20 tax
Wakizashi is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 AM
  #10969  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wakizashi
Can you share the links about rc car sales ?
If i buy items abroad, i'll pay %20 tax
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/

Do some searches on here.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:41 AM
  #10970  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (37)
 
Resqnu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default MBX6 diff oil and Life batt?

I am new to nitro and need help with a good starting diff oil setup and also looking to run Life batteries. Are you guys running the 1450 in the long tray or a 1700 in the square tray?
Resqnu is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
  #10971  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Resqnu
I am new to nitro and need help with a good starting diff oil setup and also looking to run Life batteries. Are you guys running the 1450 in the long tray or a 1700 in the square tray?

1450 stick pack in the long tray is what most use.

For diffs there are two options depending on track and driver. 7-10-7 or 15-15-10. the 15-15-10 diff is a must with the underdrive, but many guys have liked it with conventional gearing. the 7-10-7 setup is better for indoors sans underdrive. I like the outside as well.
johnny t is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 AM
  #10972  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Wow, 7/10/7, I'll have to try that. It doesn't give you too much on-power steering? I tried 7/10/5 but didn't really like it (old chassis, black springs). Thinking with the new chassis 5/10/5 or 7/10/5 or 7 may be dialed. I'll see this weekend, running on a tight track, clay, outdoor/indoor.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
  #10973  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,061
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

7 7 5 is a good starting point
RACEWORLDRC is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 AM
  #10974  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (54)
 
portyansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,017
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

5/7/5 or 5/7/4
portyansky is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
  #10975  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Wow, 7/10/7, I'll have to try that. It doesn't give you too much on-power steering? I tried 7/10/5 but didn't really like it (old chassis, black springs). Thinking with the new chassis 5/10/5 or 7/10/5 or 7 may be dialed. I'll see this weekend, running on a tight track, clay, outdoor/indoor.
when I have gone lighter than 7k in the front or center I experienced diff outs. if you have too much steering one way or the other there are better ways to manage that than with diffs.

there has been a growing consensus among some of us that 5k may be too light for the rear as well. we have discovered the car gets loose on power in the bumps.
johnny t is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 01:04 PM
  #10976  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny t
when I have gone lighter than 7k in the front or center I experienced diff outs. if you have too much steering one way or the other there are better ways to manage that than with diffs.

there has been a growing consensus among some of us that 5k may be too light for the rear as well. we have discovered the car gets loose on power in the bumps.
Diff-out? I think I know, but can u explain this? I'll mess around with some stuff this wknd and post up some setup sheets. Will start at 7/10/5 and see what happens from there. Got the silver springs/longer chassis goin this wknd. Thanks for the info.
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
  #10977  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
johnny t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,289
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Diff-out? I think I know, but can u explain this? .
its when a wheel unloads under power. sending all your acceleration to the wheel that can't provide any.

kinda like a full size car in the snow and you end up with one wheel spinning when you hit the throttle
johnny t is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
  #10978  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Gotcha, thanks. Snow, what's that?
AZRC4Me is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:02 PM
  #10979  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (54)
 
portyansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,017
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Different track conditions require different oils. This is why one simple question will get a lot of different answers.
portyansky is offline  
Old 02-25-2011, 09:40 PM
  #10980  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
crookdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

hey guys im thinkig.......the 2mm hubs r The ANY GOOD AN ALSO what about the ot chassis does it compare to the bce
crookdaddy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.