Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 01-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gixxerman
How many MM of shims do you need to take the bumpsteer out? I think I read on here 4 mm but can't find it.
Anyone?????
Old 01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How many MM of shims do you need to take the bumpsteer out? I think I read on here 4 mm but can't find it.
Anyone?????
the spacers don't really take out the bump steer, just make it more predictable in one direction. the only way to reduce bump in a mugen would be to lengthen the steering link.

you can fit up to 3mm of shim under each ball stud inner and/or outer. just play with different spacing and see what you like. I usually try 3mm.

I should add that everytime I played with this; when I added spacers, the car felt better, but lap-times suffered. leaving it stock and putting up with the wack-a-doodle bump steer I would be able to put in faster laps.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default MBX bodies

has anyone tried both the proline and jconcepts bodies? which one do you think is more durable in your experience? I have only tried the mugen bodies and would like to see whether proline or jconcepts are better.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

From my experience, the Proline Bulldog.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

I've got a question re shimming the pinion gear. I shim the diff to adjust the side to side play. When I shim the diff I end up with only a small amount of play which seems good to me but for the life of me I can't remove the play in the pinion gear.

I've noticed that the diff case has some marks on it from the pinion gear rubbing on it. Has anyone else seen this?
Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Cool Robert Batlle signs with Mugen Seiki

Robert Batlle signs with Mugen Seiki...

Check out www.rcinsider.com
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ratjayfala
I've got a question re shimming the pinion gear. I shim the diff to adjust the side to side play. When I shim the diff I end up with only a small amount of play which seems good to me but for the life of me I can't remove the play in the pinion gear.

I've noticed that the diff case has some marks on it from the pinion gear rubbing on it. Has anyone else seen this?
I have not seen it, but maybe you could add a shim between the diffcase and the piniongear?
Or maybe you diffcase/bearings are worn?
Old 01-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JoshT
From my experience, the Proline Bulldog.
how about the handling? i heard that those front cab design increases the handling characteristics of the car...
Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ever so slightly.
The JC and Proline are pretty much the same in handling, there isnt much in it, buy what you think looks best.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ANAKIN
how about the handling? i heard that those front cab design increases the handling characteristics of the car...
They say it creates "more down force" with the forward cab desighn i guess i helps the car corner turns better yada yada, its nothing very diffrent. If the body makes you faster then you need to try set ups basically.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Leaking diffs. I do all that has been recommended. Tonys o rings, sand the diff cups and mobile one grease. I started thinking about other ways to help this out. I was talking to a fellow firend this weekend and he may have come up with something that might help.

As of right now with the diff fully built brand new I can move the outdrives on both sides in and out. This tells me that I have more than just a tick of play. One would have to think that this play is what is causing them to leak.

What if I add some more of the disc shims inside where the gears set so that there is very little play left. Will this bind up the drive. Will it help stop the leaking.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

All my cars had that in the past dishsoap. I use Tony O-ring and AE grease and no leaks what so ever. Everyhing stays dry around my diffcups. I bought mobil 1 grease from Amain last week but I haven't tried it yet. But I heard great things about mobil 1 grease.

Are you sure there's enough grease on the outdrivers and on the tony Orings?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Leaking diffs. I do all that has been recommended. Tonys o rings, sand the diff cups and mobile one grease. I started thinking about other ways to help this out. I was talking to a fellow firend this weekend and he may have come up with something that might help.

As of right now with the diff fully built brand new I can move the outdrives on both sides in and out. This tells me that I have more than just a tick of play. One would have to think that this play is what is causing them to leak.

What if I add some more of the disc shims inside where the gears set so that there is very little play left. Will this bind up the drive. Will it help stop the leaking.
Dishsoap i have been using ae shock o-rings and mobile one red grease. and never have a a prob i know a few other Team Drivers that are using the same thing and love it. The o-rings last a good while. Hey is a link to A-main http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ck-O-Rings-RC8
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
All my cars had that in the past dishsoap. I use Tony O-ring and AE grease and no leaks what so ever. Everyhing stays dry around my diffcups. I bought mobil 1 grease from Amain last week but I haven't tried it yet. But I heard great things about mobil 1 grease.

Are you sure there's enough grease on the outdrivers and on the tony Orings?
Oh yeh. I use plenty everywhere. I have even tried to use the mobile 1 grease on the actual gasket as well to see if that would help

Originally Posted by losiracer78
Dishsoap i have been using ae shock o-rings and mobile one red grease. and never have a a prob i know a few other Team Drivers that are using the same thing and love it. The o-rings last a good while. Hey is a link to A-main http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ck-O-Rings-RC8
Going to have try these.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Oh yeh. I use plenty everywhere. I have even tried to use the mobile 1 grease on the actual gasket as well to see if that would help
That what I do too Grease on the gaskets, O ring, outdrivers then on the ring gear and pinion. Then wash my hands lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.