Trader Rating: 359 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Our new t-shirt design
nice may have to order one
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
New Mugen E0185 Aluminum Rear Arm Mount looks VERY nice!

These are gonna go very fast!

Ordered mine along with some other Aluminum goodies.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Our new t-shirt design
When is this gona be available? I WANA BUY ONE!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

About 3 weeks on the shirts, we will have black on white and white on black t-shirts available. Like our RaceMugen shirts the logo will be on the front and back.
When our graphic artist e-mailed it to me I was like
Old 07-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys I have 2 problems going on.

The first one is the diffs. I love my mugen but I am tired of the diffs only lasting 4 race days. I know when they are shot because the whole drive line starts to stiffen up. Its really staring to piss me off.

The middle diff is the worst. I serviced all of them tonight and I was not surprised that the middle diff had virtually no oil left. It was almost dry.

From day one I have rebuilt them by using the mobile 1 synthetic grease with new gaskets and new o rings. I know some have said to use the tony's o rings but I have a hard time believing that one o ring will solve the problem. Those of you that are using the tony's o rings is there still ample fluid after many race days.

The 2nd problem.

I am having a hard time rebuilding the shocks. I build them will full rebound however once they are all built and put back together I check how much rebound I have and the shock will only come back down a half inch.

I am clueless on the shocks.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i like it alot. And if they would of had it out when i got my m2c one, i might have got that instead.
Dreaux I still think the m2c ones are better just for the simple fact that the pins are captured not having to worry about getting the nuts back on. I wonder why mugen would not build a system that has captured pins.

Is anyone running the aluminum rear hubs. If so whats your thoughts? I am digging on those Fioroni rear hubs in blue.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dishsoap

The first one is the diffs. I love my mugen but I am tired of the diffs only lasting 4 race days. I know when they are shot because the whole drive line starts to stiffen up. Its really staring to piss me off.

The middle diff is the worst. I serviced all of them tonight and I was not surprised that the middle diff had virtually no oil left. It was almost dry.

From day one I have rebuilt them by using the mobile 1 synthetic grease with new gaskets and new o rings. I know some have said to use the tony's o rings but I have a hard time believing that one o ring will solve the problem. Those of you that are using the tony's o rings is there still ample fluid after many race days.

The 2nd problem.

I am having a hard time rebuilding the shocks. I build them will full rebound however once they are all built and put back together I check how much rebound I have and the shock will only come back down a half inch.

I fill my shocks with the damper ends 100% down. Then screw the caps on the shocks very slowly while holding the bleeding hole at the highest point. After they are tighenend, I have are 7/8 rebound and left and right are always the same if I do this. I want 100% reboud, you need screw them faster together than they can bleed, but it's hard to get same rebound on both sides then.

For the diffs. Yes, that O-ring is only seal your diffs have, so a thicker O ring will help against leaking. Just buy those Tony O-ring and try them. You can't go wrong for 3.50$.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

For the diffs, yes, replace the oring. Problem is the stock oring is not fat enough, so it starts to leak easy. Tony's oring are slightly bigger, no more leaks.

For the shocks, I have always heard that you build them dead so that is what I do, almost no rebound.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is anyone running the aluminum rear hubs. If so whats your thoughts? I am digging on those Fioroni rear hubs in blue.
I ran them on the truck and ended up breaking the outer hinge pins3 times. Put the plastic ones back on and no problems. Just no give with the aluminum.

The 2nd problem.

Def yes on the tony's o-rings. Another thing you need to do is sand the face of the cup with 320 and then 600 grit paper on a FLAT surface. If you hold two cups facing each other together up to the light before and after you sand them, you'll see what I'm talking about. It doesn't take much sanding at all but it makes a huge difference.

Yes, there is still fluid in the diffs after multiple outings. I don't even replace the gaskets or o-rings now when I rebuild my diffs. I have done this for a long time now with a lot of driving with great success. I have yet to have a leaky diff since.

Shocks are all personal preference.

Last edited by 3DRCRACER; 07-23-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

. Those of you that are using the tony's o rings is there still ample fluid after many race days. .
to answer your question and your question only - yes, there is barely any leak with tony's S5 rings.

Now, more detailed answer as there's more to it than Tony's (wonderful) S5 rings.
1- diff oils WILL wear out, and rather quickly. If you want true performance, it would probably need to be changed every hour of running or so... It delaminates, it gets contaminated, in other words, it's highly sollicitated and should be treated as such. The lower viscosity, the sooner it wears out.
2- to lower your chance of diff leakage, filling them in only above the cross-pin helps. Otherwise there isn't enough space for it to emulsion and expand inside the diff case under use (heat) and then it looks its way out of there. Grease the o-rings big time, grease the big inner washers too. Don't tighten the case too hard otherwise you bend it. Sand the case as indicated above. All this helps.

The 2nd problem.

full rebound is a myth as there is some friction on the shaft and you need the pressure inside there (above the bladder) to overcome the friction. so 50%-70% rebound is already pretty good if you ask me, or it means there's too much internal pressure (not proper bleeding happened...) in there!

To overcome the "normal" friction:
- clean shafts
- clean bodies (brake cleaner when fully apart)
- new P3.5rings (silicon o-rings swell in silicon oil... need to be changed regularly)
- green slime
- don't overtigten the piston-holding locknut

Hope this helps,
Paul

Last edited by Lonestar; 07-23-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Where do you buy these P3.5 rings? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dreaux I still think the m2c ones are better just for the simple fact that the pins are captured not having to worry about getting the nuts back on. I wonder why mugen would not build a system that has captured pins.

I run teh Mugen ones, one of our Team drivers has a fully decked Fioroni buggy with them and man o man they look like a work of art
Old 07-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeC
Where do you buy these P3.5 rings? Thanks.
You can either buy the mugen shock rebuild kit ( I think it is called "sealing kit" in the parts list... hard to locate!) which will also provide you with the teflon shims, or search for "P3.5" on the usual webshops... other manufacturers use this dimension too and tend to be more affordable

Paul
Old 07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
New Mugen E0185 Aluminum Rear Arm Mount looks VERY nice!

These are gonna go very fast!

Here are more pics from Mugen Japan site....

P/N Description
E0185 Al. Rear Lower Arm Mount MBX6/6T
E0186 Rear Lower Arm Mount Bush MBX6/6T

Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The 2nd problem.

How to build diffs that won't leak

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.