Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone running the lightened center aluminum center joint cups and the aluminum F/R axle shafts? can you really tell any differance between stock
Old 05-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iholla
Anyone running the lightened center aluminum center joint cups and the aluminum F/R axle shafts? can you really tell any differance between stock

Most people who buy hop-ups tell you they feel the difference - that's human nature.

The reality is only the top 3% of drivers can benefeciate from this, the others (me included) had better bought additional sets of tires and gallons of gas to log in more practice.

let the flaming begin

Paul
Old 05-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Suspended

the main thing i noticed about the lighten drive train stuff is:

1. engine revs quicker
2. shaves alot of wieght
3. brakes react a lot quicker and smoother
Old 05-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

oh... one last more. The late Ron Paris used to always give his protege wonder Mike Swauger full-size, full-weight steel pinions for his WC winning cars (as opposed to lightened Ti or Al ones)... Said that additional inertia was actually helping both performance and runtime.

Again - keep in mind that if you can't run 5 laps within 3 or 4% times to one another, any hop-up that supposedly increases performance is money in the bin anyway...

Paul
Old 05-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Suspended

very true Lonestar

I have spent many hours with this car and that is what I found made the difference and the durability of them is very good too. almost 4 gallons and no sign of wear.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i just built my mbx6 and put a nova plus 4 in it i have not ran the moter in or run the car yet put it looks good just want to know because i just came from a mbx5 prospec. since the 6 is so much narower then the 5 just want to know what you have been doing about the pipe hitin the shell or have yous just been living with it. or does anyone know if they are going to make a pipe that will fit in better then the jp4 i am runnin
Old 05-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default mbx6

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Most people who buy hop-ups tell you they feel the difference - that's human nature.

The reality is only the top 3% of drivers can benefeciate from this, the others (me included) had better bought additional sets of tires and gallons of gas to log in more practice.

let the flaming begin

Paul
wise words paul,

tony screws was really decent in telling me not to bother of the hop up needed. the only i got was the updated battery box and the front aluminum thingy.
i just spent more on the set up ( diff oils / springs and tyres) also got the quick engine mount cause i hate adjusting from below
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Of all the lightweight hop-ups, the lightweight wheel spindle outdrives will be the one thing I purchase. Weight out at the wheels(unsprung) really hurts performance, and I bet even a moderately skilled driver could notice that change.

The rest of the stuff on the drivetrain, ehhh I'll save my money. If anything switching to fiber brake disks would be the biggest driveline weight drop I can think of. To me the chassis almost seems too light for fast bumpy tracks.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Default mbx6

Originally Posted by thuren
Of all the lightweight hop-ups, the lightweight wheel spindle outdrives will be the one thing I purchase. Weight out at the wheels(unsprung) really hurts performance, and I bet even a moderately skilled driver could notice that change.

The rest of the stuff on the drivetrain, ehhh I'll save my money. If anything switching to fiber brake disks would be the biggest driveline weight drop I can think of. To me the chassis almost seems too light for fast bumpy tracks.
hi mate did u get the shock tower made of aluminium?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
oh... one last more. The late Ron Paris used to always give his protege wonder Mike Swauger full-size, full-weight steel pinions for his WC winning cars (as opposed to lightened Ti or Al ones)... Said that additional inertia was actually helping both performance and runtime.

Again - keep in mind that if you can't run 5 laps within 3 or 4% times to one another, any hop-up that supposedly increases performance is money in the bin anyway...

Paul
There is difference in onroad versus offroad. Offroad will have a lot more braking down to lower speeds and then quick throttle blipping for jumping. The lighter parts will have better braking and throttle spin up.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The difference made by the lighter axles and uni joints is miniscule, there's very little inertia because of their size. I'm happy to hear that the aluminum parts are wearing well though, for what they cost that's really the big concern. An MBX-6 is pretty close to legal weight anyhow, save the money...
Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thuren

Install the RC8 brakes with MBX5R brake plates. Better braking and lighter than stock rotors.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I used to use the Thunder Tiger composite brakes on my MBX5(had an aluminum core), are these the same? Those were good.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

thats what i run on my 6...less weight and way more braking power

get the C0304A Calipers
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...0304A+&x=0&y=0

and TTR brakes
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2546
Old 05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

The TTR & RC8 brakes are same. The TTR versions were always cheaper, but most LHS carry AE & Mugen parts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.