Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 04-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

AE shock oil is cheap. Its like $3.25 a bottle.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Best sway bar setup I have found is running a 2.0 in front and 2.5 in back and really liked it that way.

Also, I use the AE and Mugen oils as the mugen is between the AE weights, for example 400 is like AE32.5, 300 is like AE27.5.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Ok well just got Mugen Mbx6 just really the shocks left to build i have set it up as standard so far. And i will probably be putting the standard 45 w in the shocks.

First impression i am worried about how close the fuel tank will be to the clutch and the CVD, should i be.

the track I will be running on is shown below anyone got any set up tips or advice.

Also just purchased the RB 2009 WS9 L2G TURBO engine thinking of getting rb 2025 to match is this a good idea and would it fit in the car?

Thanks
Adam

Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX6-april26th09.jpg  
Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Nice track!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
guys what is the difference between these 3 clutch shoes:

MUGEN C0711

MUGEN C0707

MUGEN C0754

how much they last?is the carbon more smooth and the alu more snap?
please write your opinion from your experience!also i would like to put in these list and the dynamite shoes and make a comparison,
Thanks!
Never tried the Dynamite so cannot comment

as for the mugen shoes

the black shoes will slip the most then the whites and last the alu shoes which slip the least, if you have low grip and are spinning up then running the black shoes might help calm down the power delivery, next bit if your running the black or white shoes i would go with .9mm springs, as far as wear goes they last well enough what tends to happen is the hole for the pin tends to elongate which can then lead to failure running 1mm springs will speed this along, some people will mix the shoes between the composite and alu to get the amount of slip they require with success others will frown upon such behaviour each their own.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach

as for the mugen shoes

the black shoes will slip the most then the whites and last the alu shoes which slip the least, if you have low grip and are spinning up then running the black shoes might help calm down the power delivery, next bit if your running the black or white shoes i would go with .9mm springs, as far as wear goes they last well enough what tends to happen is the hole for the pin tends to elongate which can then lead to failure running 1mm springs will speed this along, some people will mix the shoes between the composite and alu to get the amount of slip they require with success others will frown upon such behaviour each their own.
thank you slow coach!
and can you post your clutch set up-running conditions?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

as for the mugen shoes

You've actually got the black and white shoes mixed up. White are teflon and will slip the most so using lighter clutch springs with the white is best.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jaylude22
You've actually got the black and white shoes mixed up. White are teflon and will slip the most so using lighter clutch springs with the white is best.

Just spoken to them the whites are PTFE not Teflon, he said the white shoes were released for one of the euros (pre alu shoes) because the black shoes were slipping on one of the slopes at the track!

Gregory i normally run the kit set up and try to be more controlled with the throttle input sometimes it works , my track is as bumpy as hell and the surface is dirt hard in the dry with a loose layer softens up in the winter after rain, i was using JC cross hairs last time which seemd to work ok if that helps

Last edited by slow coach; 04-07-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Just spoken to them the whites are PTFE not Teflon, he said the white shoes were released for one of the euros (pre alu shoes) because the black shoes were slipping on one of the slopes at the track!

Gregory i normally run the kit set up and try to be more controlled with the throttle input sometimes it works , my track is as bumpy as hell and the surface is dirt hard in the dry with a loose layer softens up in the winter after rain, i was using JC cross hairs last time which seemd to work ok if that helps
PTFE is teflon...
Old 04-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
PTFE is teflon...

PTFE, Teflon, white whatever i still believe what i have been told to be correct.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

PTFE, Teflon, white whatever i still believe what i have been told to be correct.

I know one thing, don't go past 1.0 springs with carbon or teflon shoes. If you use a 1.1mm spring, you'll smoke the shoes in no time.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon

Here's a quote from that link that would leade me to believe that teflon(PTFE) shoes would slip more than any of the others: "The coefficient of friction of plastics is usually measured against polished steel.[8] PTFE's coefficient of friction is 0.1 or less[7], which is the second lowest of any known solid material (Diamond-like carbon being the first). PTFE's resistance to van der Waals forces means that it is the only known surface to which a gecko cannot stick[9], though it can still use the hairs on its feet like a spider to climb."
Old 04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

White/Teflons definitely slip the most. I use the black shoes and love em'. My clutch is consistent and the shoes/springs last forever and they are easy on the bell too. I'd like to try Dynamite Max-Life shoes for a little more grab. I used to have a Losi with the 2 carbon/2aluminum setup and really liked that.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I used to always use Mugen carbon shoes... until I tried the Dynamite Max Life. Now I use them on my buggy and truggy. The last a long time, don't have to be filed all the time like aluminum and don't leave deposits on the clutch bell. Try them, I think you'll like them... I sure do.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ezveedub

I know one thing, don't go past 1.0 springs with carbon or teflon shoes. If you use a 1.1mm spring, you'll smoke the shoes in no time.
I used 1.1 Mugen springs with the black (carbon) Mugen shoes all the time and it is my favorite clutch set-up. I've used this combo for years. Yes the black shoes wear out faster than the aluminium ones but I like the bite better. The white shoes never worked for me anywhere. The aluminium shoes last longer and have good bite but you need to get into the clutch every day & file the edges of the shoes to keep them from hanging on the CB. I used 1.0 springs with the AL shoes because the 1.1's would often break.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.