Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 03-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i don't know what your talking about when you say "wrap". That would lend me to believe i have the original kit. Is there that much a difference between the two??? Is there any parts that will make that big a difference??
I think a lot of people don't realize that the USA gets extra stuff thrown in our kits. The first kits had Mugen Racing T-Shirts, and the second kits have complete body wrap decal.

The second set of MBX6 kits have softer suspension springs and sway bars along with other revised parts. The softer setting parts makes the car less agressive and easier to drive.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
I think a lot of people don't realize that the USA gets extra stuff thrown in our kits. The first kits had Mugen Racing T-Shirts, and the second kits have complete body wrap decal.

The second set of MBX6 kits have softer suspension springs and sway bars along with other revised parts. The softer setting parts makes the car less agressive and easier to drive.

gotta love mugen and their "updates" they neglect to send out to already new kit owner's....imo its a joke...you have to wait an extra month or 2 to see if they will come out with revised parts...Or you can jump the gun and get a bunch of "working" but if they arent good enough for Mugen As a company...why would you want to run those parts if they felt the need to change over the Whole Kit after its already been "R&D" and released to the public.....goo Mugen.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
gotta love mugen and their "updates" they neglect to send out to already new kit owner's....imo its a joke...you have to wait an extra month or 2 to see if they will come out with revised parts...Or you can jump the gun and get a bunch of "working" but if they arent good enough for Mugen As a company...why would you want to run those parts if they felt the need to change over the Whole Kit after its already been "R&D" and released to the public.....goo Mugen.
It's just a couple plastic pieces which are going to wear out anyway? If they made SERIOUS changes fine I get the frustration, but with zero geometry changes and no noticeable change in the way the car handles, I don't see the big deal.

Jesse runs the old arms on his car even though he has the updated ones in his box. No NEED to change as the driveability of the car is unchanged.

I seized and updated oil grooved outdrive, and many still run the early version, so no big deal there either.

EDIT: I also have broke all the front arms on my heavier electric car, and the arms break right where they "updated" them. I think the old arms are stronger.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Integra
its not "a joke" and its not that they neglect drivers or anything.

every 1/8th scale car on the market has a few problems when it is first released, and there is always updates or adendems. So you can come on here and blast on Mugen for it.

Im not trying to be rude or mean either. I just dont think it was a correct and fair statement to make.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

i'm happy mugen is willing to admit they need to make emprovments and then act on them to build what i believe is one of the best buggys on the market.
i don't want to wait for next years model to have the best they have to offer.

randy
Old 03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you release updated parts early, people complain. If you don't release parts soon enough, people complain. If you release any revised part, people want it for free. Anyway you slice it, no one is ever happy. At the rate this is going, Mugen will need to stop manufacturing parts in Japan and start building them in Taiwan & China instead so they can give out free parts since it costs way less to manufacture parts there and when the parts wear out quicker, they can sell you more parts instead and make more money in the process. This seems like what everyone wants that complains.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They should atleast send them to us for free like AE did with there customers.

I really like mugen but I think they stuck it to us with the "updated parts" and making us pay for them
Old 03-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they aren't must have items...
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have the orignal kit. The only change I have made from the original is the updated springs. I have all the updated arms and sway bars but I havent put them on yet, They are not needed. I will change them when they are wore out or broke. I have 3 gallons on my x6 with not one part failure
Old 03-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
I have the orignal kit. The only change I have made from the original is the updated springs. I have all the updated arms and sway bars but I havent put them on yet, They are not needed. I will change them when they are wore out or broke. I have 3 gallons on my x6 with not one part failure
+1
Old 03-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Mugen 9112, You should have come down to rcpro in virgina today, it was a good time. I finished 5th in a very stacked b main
Old 03-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
Mugen 9112, You should have come down to rcpro in virgina today, it was a good time. I finished 5th in a very stacked b main
I was thinking about ti but it was 2 hours 40 mins from me each way. Thats good man, I heard the amain was incredible to watch...Do you kno who took top 3 in the amain?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

I think it was Chris Crews, Tony West, and Curtis woodyard. Yeah it was good to watch. The comp is so tight down there, To be in the a main or to turn 10 laps you cant wreck one time during qualifing. My fastest qual time was a 9 lap at 5:09, I wrecked one time.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have been running the original kit since early January and I have yet to break something, I'll just replace the parts when they wear out, my dad bought the updated kit and I don't see any noticiable difference over mine.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Associated had to release new parts and give them away because the stock stuff just did not hold up.

The X6 updated parts are nice but not necessary for the car to last or to be fast. The shock springs are a tuning option and there will be tracks and drivers that prefer the original kit springs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.