Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 12-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Allright guys, so far, 3/4 gallon on the car I am liking it pretty well, but the side guard/body/pipe issue needs to be addressed. Anyone looked at the options? I have already bent the pipe, but the joint between the pipe & manifold is still an issue. As well, the body does not sit right due to the pressure line on the pipe pushing it up. If I use velcro to hold the body down, first it probably pull it to much to actually stay in place properly and second it would probably pull it to much against the pipe and not end well.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I used a Ninja short header, with my JP3 pipe and it fit pretty good. I still had to dremel clearance on my side guards. The Proline body does not fit well at all, the servo linkage protrudes greatly and like you said the pressure line interferes.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

the new proline body that is being sent out now has been changed and will fix the issues with the old one.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Also, forgot to add, can someone post pics of their brake linkage setup, I have cut the crap out of the fuel tank guard and still can not seem to get it to the way I would like it.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jsmax
Allright guys, so far, 3/4 gallon on the car I am liking it pretty well, but the side guard/body/pipe issue needs to be addressed. Anyone looked at the options? I have already bent the pipe, but the joint between the pipe & manifold is still an issue. As well, the body does not sit right due to the pressure line on the pipe pushing it up. If I use velcro to hold the body down, first it probably pull it to much to actually stay in place properly and second it would probably pull it to much against the pipe and not end well.
Jp3 with a 2050 Header. Works great with a little side guard modification.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

what is a kingpin ball spacer and what does it do? does it come with the kit?
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

The Kingpin ball spacer is just a washer, it goes in on the lower pillow ball to make the front end 1mm wider on each side. Wider = More stable in corners, Without the spacer makes the car turn sharper. I run mine without the spacer, I believe everyone else in my area uses it.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

I used this throttle linkage setup to avoid poking my fuel tank and lines with the stock linkage.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX6-dyn2568-450.jpg  
Old 12-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Darin, I am assuming the body pressure line is still lifting the body or have you found a way to address that? I guess I will have to look at the headers that I have to see if I have a better option. I am currently running a JP3, but getting a AE/TTR 2035. In my sons car he normally runs a Dynamite 053 or 086, so I will have to see how his goes together once I get his kit together. Anyone thought of coming out with a reshaped header that fits the mbx6 better.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Moeman, I was discussing that dynamite linkage setup with someone earlier, which is probabloy what I am gonna do. I am just not understanding how the stock linkage is supposed to work. The top (rear) linkage hits the tank guard (even after major modification) and the lower (front) hits the fuel line on the nipple coming out of the tank.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Moeman, I was discussing that dynamite linkage setup with someone earlier, which is probabloy what I am gonna do. I am just not understanding how the stock linkage is supposed to work. The top (rear) linkage hits the tank guard (even after major modification) and the lower (front) hits the fuel line on the nipple coming out of the tank.
The stock linkage doesn't hit the tank or anything of the sorts if you set it up right. You need to turn over the plastic pieces that hold the rods, this way the rods sit closed to the rear of the car. I can take a pic of mine if you want...
Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Yea, I took a look again on the pictures on Mugen's website and it seems that if you stick the linkage as far off the servo horn as possbile you can get the angle as such that it will not hit the tank. I guess it is just the way I was "Raised" on how to setup the linkages that they should be as straight, parrallel, and clean 90* angles, etc to avoid the stress on the servo (I have not blown a servo since a local racer explained it and helped me set up this stuff a long time ago....). Also, pushing the linkages out that far will loose a lot of the Servo's torque/holding power. So, if I don't change to the dynamite linkage setup I guess I'll consider changing to more powerful servo before pushing the linkage out.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DT RACING
club raced at Liesure Hour today, car was ok when I started and then recieved help from Al Richards and John S. The car became much easier to drive so thanks to them.
Also hats off to Al on his qualifing run and his run in the A for the win.
Slow is FAST!
did you just call me slow?lol glad to help jay

Originally Posted by chickenfarmer
nice job BIG AL! looks like that time spent on friday was beneficial.
yep worked on it sat too, i think you'll like the setup
Old 12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Yea, I took a look again on the pictures on Mugen's website and it seems that if you stick the linkage as far off the servo horn as possbile you can get the angle as such that it will not hit the tank. I guess it is just the way I was "Raised" on how to setup the linkages that they should be as straight, parrallel, and clean 90* angles, etc to avoid the stress on the servo (I have not blown a servo since a local racer explained it and helped me set up this stuff a long time ago....). Also, pushing the linkages out that far will loose a lot of the Servo's torque/holding power. So, if I don't change to the dynamite linkage setup I guess I'll consider changing to more powerful servo before pushing the linkage out.
Jsmax, you have to get a little creative to make a header with a long sweep such as what is found on the jp series of pipes fit the mbx6. I just kept testing and found that the dynamite headers fit very well along with the headers found on an os 2050 and 2060. As for the brake linkage I had the same issue, catching the splash guard. I went back and set up the linkage "exactly" like the manual shows and problem solved.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

The Dynamite linkage is waaayyyy easier to setup and adjust. I wouldn't worry about it. Best part is it's only about $10

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.