Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 09-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Midwest_Mudder
well i havent put my money on the table yet. this is kinda a back burner project that id like to build right the first time. i think i have around 2 months to get it built before our first winter series nitro race. dont want to buy something that ill regret. im all ears for pointers in the nitro engine world. last time i had a nitro was an rc10gt...

I have ran OS, Sportwerks, RB, Nova. and Werks. The Werks engine is by far my favorite. Look On the R/C Tech Werks B5 thread on page 1.They have tuning instructions that go about it a little different than the way most people tune. This engine has been a pleasure! It will idle forever, never had a flame out and it will fly. After I got the engine tuned, I rarely had to touch the needles at all.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SEF
Yup, I've have Werks, Nova, and Alpha engines. My Werks and Nova broke in after the same amount of fuel at just over a gallon. You know it is broken in when the tune suddenly gets rich, you have to retune, you get more runtime, and the last thing I check is the amount of pinch, but yes the pinch should be significantly less than what you start with. Nothing a little preheating doesn't help with.

The Alpha takes a little longer. Took over 2 gallons for me before it really fired up. Nothing wrong with that.

So far, all 3 engines have worked great for me I get a lot of life out of them. Great power. But the Nova does have the edge on runtime

Engines that are hard to break in, put a lot of wear and stress on the rod and crankshaft. Some engines like that, recommend a new rod after break in.
My Werks broke in at around 3/4 gallon.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by polarbear72
I was ready to pull the trigger on a Alpha myself, and a good friend recommended against it. He showed me his Alpha that has a gallon or more and it still had rediculous pinch so much so that you couldn't turn it over. So something isn't right and he had that experience with a lot of them. He used to sell Alpha, but would certainly recommend against them and that was good enough for me. I know there are guys that love them and are happy, but for me there are too many other good choices out there to take a chance with getting lucky and getting a good one. I have had Werks and Nova and haven't had a single issue with either so I'll stay with those. Like I said, get what you want, i'm certainly not trying to start a engine war. I think for the money its hard to beat a Werks, the B2 is a amazing engine and if you screw it up, you're only out 160 bucks. I personally have a B2 and a Nova Bonito. Good luck with whatever you choose

Originally Posted by K. Wood
Engines that are hard to break in, put a lot of wear and stress on the rod and crankshaft. Some engines like that, recommend a new rod after break in.
My Werks broke in at around 3/4 gallon.

It all depends on how you break them in. I have been running Alpha for 3 years now and havent had any issues. Ive run Rossi, OS, Vox and Picco before. All engines need to be heated to break in properly. Alphas just take a little more. On a new in the box Alpha they usually break in around 1-1.5 gallons for me. On a rebuild they are breaking in around 3/4 gallon. AVERAGE lifespan for my Alphas are 8+ gallons without opening it up. Same rod, same bearings....
Old 09-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i got nothing bad to say about werks. best customer service of any brand. hands down. great product. i use speed engines now, because i got a great deal. i would not spend full retail on a speed, but i got one for werks money.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My two cents

I think the Mugen buggy needs a little extra power down low and the p5 has been good to me for that in my mbx-6. I use the 9853ss pipe with the medium bent header. Perfect powerband.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Picco!!! They have really really made some changes for the good. Super happy with them!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KThatcher
Picco!!! They have really really made some changes for the good. Super happy with them!
I have heard many great things about them, I will probably try one when my BO1A Ninja wears out, but as little as I have been able to race this year it may be a bit
Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 PM
DLF
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lycan
Could it be to make clearance for the raised ackerman plate?
I don't think so, but I'll look into that.

Of course, I haven't yet figured out how one would raise the ackermann plate.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=Numburn;11201994]I've been extremely pleased with my REDS engine. Very easy to tune and no flameouts. motor is very forgiving. /QUOTE]

i agree love my 5t in my buggy.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rock333
No, that is not my car. That one belongs to Robert Batlle. I did something similar to his except i do not run the fuel filter and my fuel line does not run around the front body post.
Thanks so much! I will try this configuration!

Thanks and good races!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone have any idea to how the ultimate shock oils and mugen shocks oils compare? Having a hard time finding the mugen oils in the UK and have run out of 450/400 so will be mixing brands
Old 09-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anybody know what all screws come in the upper screw kit? i need a good majority of the screws for this and it looks like the upper kit will give me what i need, mainly the gearboxes and up need screws, i have the ones that go through the chassis though
Old 09-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

For the part couple of years i've been getting my screws at ace hardware. No joke. Not all stores have metric hardware, but the ones that do will have enough to get you taken care of without having to spend enough for a screw kit. The quality of the hardware is as good or better than what you'll find in the kit
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Has anyone use this engine:
Go Technology G5T 5+2 port
Old 09-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

Unhappy Help Needed

finished my US spec 2012. i really love how the update included there.
the car has more speed than before but...... i lost my rear grip with the default setup.

my track is open dry dusty slippery track. a lot of high jumps (2 - 2 combo jump) if i fail the 1st two i wouldnt get the next two. ( i think you get what i mean )

i use 7-7-3 oil 450 400 shock.

i'm using the most rear acker man should i change it to mid one??
how about ride height any suggestions?
kick up, center roll, anti squatt, shock spring, diff oil, etc any suggestion ??
i use max down stop is it ok too ?
how about shock position lean or less lean ??
or any setup for this kind of track?

thanks for the advise

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.