Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
The newest setups are up on our downloads page (finally)
Which ones are new?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
Which ones are new?
At the bottom, 4 of Barry Pettits, and 2 of Taylor Petersons.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gotcha, I wasn't seeing them and then I hit refresh and they magically appeared.

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Guys whats a good base set-up for the mbx6r US spec? Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Guys whats a good base set-up for the mbx6r US spec? Thanks
This setup is very neutral, from new tires to worn tires it's been very easy to drive fast. The only changes I've done to it is adding a 1 mm caster clip in front of the front upper arms and i'm playing around with the shocks and shock oils. The battery is in the back.

Mugen MBX6R Base Setup 2012.pdf

Last edited by Slider30250; 07-11-2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
And you had a smile ear to ear?
Most definitely! After sitting in the trailer most of the night getting it ready for practice, finally at midnight I got a good run on the track. A few tanks of gas and it was time for bed. Raced good all day though, I'm real curious to see how it does on a very loose track. During the main this past weekend the track started breaking up a little, but unfortunately I had some motor problems. I saw earlier posts about gas tanks maybe making the cars cut off. My dad always uses the Losi fuel gun, could this be an issue? Or could it be due to the fact of slamming down the lid? Opinions anyone? Running an older Ninja with a couple of gallons at the most.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlakeJefferson
Most definitely! After sitting in the trailer most of the night getting it ready for practice, finally at midnight I got a good run on the track. A few tanks of gas and it was time for bed. Raced good all day though, I'm real curious to see how it does on a very loose track. During the main this past weekend the track started breaking up a little, but unfortunately I had some motor problems. I saw earlier posts about gas tanks maybe making the cars cut off. My dad always uses the Losi fuel gun, could this be an issue? Or could it be due to the fact of slamming down the lid? Opinions anyone? Running an older Ninja with a couple of gallons at the most.
It's the tank it's self sone find issues with. Knock on wood but I never flame. It's the plastic mugen uses is to thin causing the expanding tanks to go small again after cold fuel hits it and that's what's said to cause it. Some even think lid doesn't close enough... I never use fuel gun it causes flame outs easier just bottle and punch it befit put man drops you back down and keep it lit.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

after my really expensive clutch bearing failure at our last race i had to replace quite a bit on my mugen so she was a bit MIA for a while...here she is ready for this weekends race....new tank, new bell, new rear suspension brace, new spur gear, new 4 shoe clutch, new bearings, new 2058 pipe, new sideguards and for good measure...my very generous cousin lent me a new 6R chassis...mine was tweaked in typical mugen fashion... damn...should have just gotten a new kit LOL!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

hi,
thanks for posting Barrys set ups, can any one tell me if the spring rates a re right !

he has
Mbx6 gas front 8.25 rear 8.0
mbx6 eco front 8.50 rear 8.0

I didnt know there was a 8.0 rear or 8.5 front

Will
Old 07-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BlakeJefferson
Mosdef the Losi fuel gun causing the problem. Try to get your dad to release the lid gently, see if that solves it...
Old 07-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

If your tank gets overfilled and your idle mixture is set too rich then you will have flame out issues. I've witnessed plenty of flameouts after a refuel with a pit bottle. When your idle mixture is too rich you leave no margin for error, one time of overfilling and your motor goes so dead fat that it flames out. If after a pit stop your buggy or truck struggles to leave pit lane or takes a lap or two to get cleared out then look at your fuel mixture settings.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WillF
hi,
thanks for posting Barrys set ups, can any one tell me if the spring rates a re right !

he has
Mbx6 gas front 8.25 rear 8.0
mbx6 eco front 8.50 rear 8.0

I didnt know there was a 8.0 rear or 8.5 front

Will
Hey Will,
They are correct. These are the optional springs from Mugen. Let us know if we can help with your set up.
Thanks,
BP
Old 07-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Side Show; Carbon mud guards and side guards ?

Where from ?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Mosdef the Losi fuel gun causing the problem. Try to get your dad to release the lid gently, see if that solves it...
Most definitely. It only flames in the pits when we're in a hurry. I'll have to make sure to make a practice pit before the races.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sideshow bob m2c has a new recessed clutch washer to keep the bell from sliding forward and destroying your wallet. mine blew out in the main of 5 streight races. after alot of bells and spurs some tanks I figured it had to be the chassis flexing after being allready concaved. But that 5 dollar washer will save you a ton of money when a outer bell bearing goes. EVERY ONE should have one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.