Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Is anyone here running the steering links in the front set of holes in the ackerman on the 6R? My 6R doesn't have nearly as much steering as my ECO which came with the links in the front holes. I plan on using the front holes and trying it out Saturday. My 6R links are currently in the middle holes. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Moving the links on the ackerman to the front holes worked out very well. My average lap times dropped by a second. My next move is to drop the front diff oil from 7000 to 5000.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That Nightfox body is dope! I'm trying to sell my bashers to get one of these. I can't wait to join u guys!

I know Mugen has orange wings but does anyone sell orange wheels for buggies and truggies? It's my favorite color and I want everything orange.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

To anyone running lipo rx packs or tx packs. Do you store them every week or just top the rx pack off each week?

Last edited by alvinsmith75; 05-28-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

What is the best way to match my tie rods together for my steering? It looks to be off.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

To anyone running lipo rx packs or tx packs. Do you balance them every week or just top the rx pack off each week?
I balance my lipo's every time I charge them. It is a lot easier if your charger is also a balancer and if it isn't, I would balance them every 2 or 3 charges to be safe.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

To anyone running lipo rx packs or tx packs. Do you balance them every week or just top the rx pack off each week?
Top them off and balance every time.

Moving the links on the ackerman to the front holes worked out very well. My average lap times dropped by a second. My next move is to drop the front diff oil from 7000 to 5000.
How sure are you your lap times got faster because of that? Not because you are learning the track and getting faster? 5k slowed me down in the groove, unloaded too much.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DJGray17
What is the best way to match my tie rods together for my steering? It looks to be off.
They will always be off. You have to get it on a set up station and figure out what toe works for you. Personally I like 1 degree negative toe, it gives the car a bit more steering bite on the inside.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keith Lewis
I balance my lipo's every time I charge them. It is a lot easier if your charger is also a balancer and if it isn't, I would balance them every 2 or 3 charges to be safe.
My bad, wrote it wrong. I meant do yall store them each time after racing or just leave them at the rate they are at? Im guessing guys are just leaving their TX batts at the current level for some time cause I have heard people claim not charging TX lipos for up to two months. Im guessing rx packs would be fine from week to week too since they wont be at full charge.
I balance my lipos with every charge on my hyperion duo.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

you can match the tie rods exactly and still be off.

here's what i do:

build the steering link (that hooks to the servo) to spec in the manual.
use the sub trim on the radio to make sure your steering arm is exactly perpendicular to the servo case.

you need a good, true, straight 2x4. i actually use a machinist's level. it's made of aluminum, 2 feet wide, by 4" by 1 1/2". turn on the radio, put the tires against it, and adjust each tie rod. using a camber gauge set to whatever setting you are going after. mine has -2 deg toe out. set the gauge aginst the flat part of the straight edge and adjust the link until the other surface of the camber gauge rests flat on the dish of the wheel.

i just built mine, and it tracks absolutely straight, with no trim adjustment on the radio needed.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

well, i finally got a couple of race days on the new mbx 6r us spec and i have to say i am really impressed. the chassis is perfect. looked really good on the track, and my lap times are almost where they were with my older 6, which was WELL broken in. my older setup had a losi style square pack mounted forward, which is a bit more forward than with the life pack i'm currently running. i might add a half ounce of weight forward. with the old car it was like cheating...take a tumble and land upright 90% of the time.

i hammered this car at fear farm, shaking it down for the AMS 3.0 coming up in a couple weeks. on saturday i took 4th in the open buggy A main for the KBRL nitro series against some of the fastest folks in AZ.

ballistic top speed! great handling, and acceleration. i'm very happy with the car.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My bad, wrote it wrong. I meant do yall store them each time after racing or just leave them at the rate they are at? Im guessing guys are just leaving their TX batts at the current level for some time cause I have heard people claim not charging TX lipos for up to two months. Im guessing rx packs would be fine from week to week too since they wont be at full charge.
I balance my lipos with every charge on my hyperion duo.
I never put a store charge on my lipos, but I race year round and use my batteries at least twice a month. I would only store charge them if they were going to be put away for months without use.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigNasty
well, i finally got a couple of race days on the new mbx 6r us spec and i have to say i am really impressed. the chassis is perfect. looked really good on the track, and my lap times are almost where they were with my older 6, which was WELL broken in. my older setup had a losi style square pack mounted forward, which is a bit more forward than with the life pack i'm currently running. i might add a half ounce of weight forward. with the old car it was like cheating...take a tumble and land upright 90% of the time.

i hammered this car at fear farm, shaking it down for the AMS 3.0 coming up in a couple weeks. on saturday i took 4th in the open buggy A main for the KBRL nitro series against some of the fastest folks in AZ.

ballistic top speed! great handling, and acceleration. i'm very happy with the car.
Nice job, car is awsome!

Last edited by NitroXray80809; 05-28-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

just to update you all on my issues i was having a few pages back. after eliminating the possibilities of bad fuel tanks and filters and fuel lines...it DID turn out to be a stale bottle of nitro that was causing my "ghost" air leak. in the future that is the first thing ill check before i start blaming the car again lol

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
guys...im having a bit of an anomaly and i know this probably isnt the best place to post but the mugen guys always seem te help when everybody else ignores us lol. im have serious issues with tune on my motors...my speed 19 had me pulling out my hair chasing a tune the other weekend...normally it is a set it and forget it motor. this week i got me a Werks B2 for backup and this moring i was idling the first tank trough the motor on the box...it seemed to want to do the same thing as the 19..it was all over the place..at first i though let it be, since new motors are a bit erratic at first...but on the second heat cycle i noticed that it was VERY hard to start. would only take if i gave it some gas. So...first things first....I then "knew" it had to be a tank issue..a leak somewhere as it was lean then rich thn lean then rich...like my 19 last weeknd. on the 19..it didnt matter how rich i would make the LSN..it stayed lean....but when it would bog down or land on its lid it would just die an over rich death so to speak lol. I took the tank out, submerged it, closed off the feed line nipple and blew in the pressure nipple....nothing...there is not a bubble in sight...i could blow until my cheeks hurt and still nothing.....so know im freaken stumped. i took of the inline filter aswell and ran the lines directly..same thing. there does not seem to be any air in the lines as soon as it gets running. all i can think now is that my bottle of byrons 30% is off? HAS to be the fuel...there is nothing left...unless it is a tank pressure issue but like a said it has no leaks. any clues?

PS, i silicon seal all my motors before break in...i re-sealed the 19 this weekend too just to be sure. i know the mugens have tank issues but the tank seems fine?

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 05-29-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

just to update you all on my issues i was having a few pages back. after eliminating the possibilities of bad fuel tanks and filters and fuel lines...it DID turn out to be a stale bottle of nitro that was causing my "ghost" air leak. in the future that is the first thing ill check before i start blaming the car again lol
Glad you got it hammered out.

I hate this tank with or without new fuel I heard about a clunk mod.

I didn't read the whole thread but has anyone else heard of it? I hear it will require drilling two holes and using a grommet in one hole after the install but the fuel line would take the other hole.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had the same issue but never thought it could be the fuel. Now i'm thinking i might need to try some different fuel and see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.