Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Old 12-01-2008, 12:00 PM
  #1651  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Mugen9112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 794
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Just heard it from Mugen USA, they are not coming up with an updated kit or anything of the sorts. The only thing in the new kits is the upgrade rc wrap. The new outdrives and softer springs will be available as option parts.
Mugen9112 is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM
  #1652  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
fiveoboy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waunakee, WI
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
WTF so i guess this is the thx we get for rushing and preordering the kits....
DING!

Mugen should make a free service pack with those updated parts and send it out to those owners that calls in and request it. Just a thought.
DING!

Especially the lower arms which have a groove in them to clear the ackerman fasteners. That's a fixed defect and current owners should get the part for free.
fiveoboy01 is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 PM
  #1653  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
fiveoboy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Waunakee, WI
Posts: 927
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
Just heard it from Mugen USA, they are not coming up with an updated kit or anything of the sorts. The only thing in the new kits is the upgrade rc wrap. The new outdrives and softer springs will be available as option parts.
I can understand the outdrives and the softer springs and rollbars.

That's pretty funny that you'll get to buy a kit then buy an extra set of front control arms for it

I love the buggy but that's BS.
fiveoboy01 is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
  #1654  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Firefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ks.
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Radio receiver servo combo for MBX6

I just ordered my first 1/8th buggy, a Mugan MBX6.
I need some advise on a decent, not top of the line/price, radio, receiver, serco combination for this car. Hopefully a 2.4 system.

Thankyou for any advise you can offer.

Firefox
Firefox is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 05:42 PM
  #1655  
Tech Elite
 
suntok2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Manila Philippines
Posts: 2,412
Default

Originally Posted by Firefox
I just ordered my first 1/8th buggy, a Mugan MBX6.
I need some advise on a decent, not top of the line/price, radio, receiver, serco combination for this car. Hopefully a 2.4 system.

Thankyou for any advise you can offer.

Firefox

Sanwa
suntok2 is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 05:46 PM
  #1656  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 2,112
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Firefox
I just ordered my first 1/8th buggy, a Mugan MBX6.
I need some advise on a decent, not top of the line/price, radio, receiver, serco combination for this car. Hopefully a 2.4 system.

Thankyou for any advise you can offer.

Firefox
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM3130

Excellent bang for the buck, comes w/ two receivers (one is telemetry capable).
rearviewmirror is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
  #1657  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Whats up Rod! Well how did things go yesterday???.....nevermind I will callya.
DT RACING is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
  #1658  
Tech Master
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Best Bang I can see is:

KO EX-1 UR - Latest, fastest radio available, and 2.4GHz, I got mine for $250 at my LHS, with a lipo it is so light: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/27018

Servos, Best not to skimp here, for the Throttle/Brake the Futaba 9452 is pretty good and decent price $85: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16842

I have also heard a lot of good feedback about the ACE (Thunder Tiger) DS1313 which is more powerful than the Futaba 9452 and also only $72 (I have seen this used on Throttle/Brakes ans Steering): http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5994

For Steering, I run the Hitec 5955 in all my cars and is the only servo I recommend for Steering, it has been updated and replaced by the 7955, at $120 I know it is a bit pricey, but you only have to buy it once.....http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25352
jsmax is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
  #1659  
Tech Master
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Question: How nimble & agile is the MBX-6. As compared to an Xray 808 or Losi 8?
jsmax is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM
  #1660  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jsmax
Question: How nimble & agile is the MBX-6. As compared to an Xray 808 or Losi 8?
I believe the current parts in the kit make it agile and nimble. For some, maybe too much. Softer springs will calm it down if its too much.
ezveedub is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:12 PM
  #1661  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Firefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ks.
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by jsmax
Best Bang I can see is:

KO EX-1 UR - Latest, fastest radio available, and 2.4GHz, I got mine for $250 at my LHS, with a lipo it is so light: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/27018

Servos, Best not to skimp here, for the Throttle/Brake the Futaba 9452 is pretty good and decent price $85: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16842

I have also heard a lot of good feedback about the ACE (Thunder Tiger) DS1313 which is more powerful than the Futaba 9452 and also only $72 (I have seen this used on Throttle/Brakes ans Steering): http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5994

For Steering, I run the Hitec 5955 in all my cars and is the only servo I recommend for Steering, it has been updated and replaced by the 7955, at $120 I know it is a bit pricey, but you only have to buy it once.....http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25352
I do like the DX3S 3 Channel DSM radio. Are the ACE DS1313, Futuba 5955 and HiTec 5955 servos compatable with it's receiver ? This is what's concerning me most.

thanks all
Firefox is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 06:17 PM
  #1662  
Tech Master
iTrader: (54)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Most current radios will support any servo's. Some servo's lead has an extra guide on it that works with some recievers but gets trimmed off for others.
jsmax is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 PM
  #1663  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
CanyonCarverR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,338
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Any word on when the new parts will be available?
CanyonCarverR1 is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
  #1664  
Tech Apprentice
 
Darin Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort Worth Texas
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by jsmax
Question: How nimble & agile is the MBX-6. As compared to an Xray 808 or Losi 8?
I'd have to say its pretty planted! I'd be curious to what others have to say? I can get on the gas in more places with the 6 than I could with the 8. I fought for a setup that suited me with the 8 since it came out and finally decided to try something else. The Losi is a great car and several people can drive them fast but for me it seemed I just had to be too careful with it. The mbx6 has a ton of traction all around but yet when you want to, you can slide it, It just works better for me. As for in the air agility, the car jumps great and is very responsive to driver input.
Darin Z is offline  
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 PM
  #1665  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Firefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ks.
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Clutch Gear Pitch

Anyone know what the tooth pitch is on the clutch gear ? .8mm ?

thanks
Firefox is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.