Wiki Posts
Search

Twin mp777 speed results

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by MiamizFinest
sorry i 4got to mention the tmaxx ur right, but dont call me out on the fact the HPI bell wont work becuase it will every single car on my list runs off one of these bells exept my LST and MBX5T

the reson i sayed the CEN pinion gear is becuase it wont strip with the metal spur gear becuase its harden steel

Not calling you out at all man. Just giving correct info. That HPI is very versatile. I'm putting one in my infernogt. It's long though. Do you have any clearance issues? I know on some rides the bell sits real close to the fuel tank. Sorry to go off topic. That is one sick ride.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sorry i 4got to mention the tmaxx ur right, but dont call me out on the fact the HPI bell wont work becuase it will every single car on my list runs off one of these bells exept my LST and MBX5T

the reson i sayed the CEN pinion gear is becuase it wont strip with the metal spur gear becuase its harden steel
Miami knows his ish.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

a clutch bell is a clutch bell all of them are the same size exept the ones on the old RC10GT

i have that clutch bell on every car i own with a 3 shoe clutch trust me it works
well, maybe ur right with HPI. but all i know is that my traxxas clutchbells dont fit my 1/8 scale engines.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jatoman1992
well, maybe ur right with HPI. but all i know is that my traxxas clutchbells dont fit my 1/8 scale engines.
traxxas only works with traxxas u know that!! (god i hate them for that)

if u switch over to a savage flywheel u can run many other types of clutches and clutch bells thats what i did on my revo and jato
Old 11-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

ok these 25t clutchbells are for 2 speed only??? i cannot fit a 2 speed bell on the mp777 as the first cog would hit the servo's on one side and the fuel tank on the other. so can the extra 1st gear cog be cut off and would a bearing still fit in. or can you get a single gear threaded clutchbell???

cheers chris
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris52
ok these 25t clutchbells are for 2 speed only??? i cannot fit a 2 speed bell on the mp777 as the first cog would hit the servo's on one side and the fuel tank on the other. so can the extra 1st gear cog be cut off and would a bearing still fit in. or can you get a single gear threaded clutchbell???

cheers chris
those 25 pinion gears could be for single speed or 2speed but the threaded bell is the lentth of a 2speed bell with like u sayed it might not fit ur car BUT u can always put the pinion gear on the bell screw it all the way to the base and then just cut off the rest of the thread with a dremel and then it will be the length of a standered bell

i found these old pics from my turmoil this was one of my custom builts u can see in the pic i removed the center diff and installed a str8 shaft with a bracket so i could use revo spur gears the nice detail about useing the threaded bell and pinion gear is the fact u ban put the pinion gear anywhere on the clutch bell for custom resualts here are some pics

as u can see int he pic i didnt thread the pinion all the way to the base becuase it would nto mesh with my modd i added a shim to the rear and in doing so i pushed the pinion gear a little foward for custom resualts this is why i run this bell on all my cars ill try to post a better pic for u later since im REALLY LIKEING THIS PROJECT OF URS and i wanna see u get some serouse speed
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

here is some good pics for you so u cant understand exactly what i mean

here is a pic of the HPI threaded bell compared to a standered buggy bell 16teeth and a pic of the pinion gear so u can see how big it really is

here is a side pic yes the threaded bell is longer bit it can be cut

and here is a pic of the pinion gear mounted on the bell tell me what u think

Old 11-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

That is fantastic exactly what i was looking for. i will be getting them ordered today.
thank a ton for the response

chris
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)

cool, i cant wait to see the results with this project or urs. im guessing about 85+ when the motors are tuned right
Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

That is fantastic exactly what i was looking for. i will be getting them ordered today.
thank a ton for the response

chris
i knew ud like the pics, im not on this site that offten if i disapear PLEASE shoot me a PM and let me know when u get everything together

FYI im asumming ur still running the center diff if u r LOCK IT ,also ur gonig to need to cut out the chassis holes a little big in order to get that gear ratio to mesh
Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

any thing yet???? im dieing to find out whats going on.......i have a connection with some CRAZY sized pinion gears............if it goes well for you ima try out a dual novarossi 528 inferno gt........the tallest gearing i could push would be 31 on the clutch bell and 34 on the spur.........with dual motor i might be able to push it........i already have 2 novarossi 528s and a spare inferno gt it would just be a matter of puting everything together it wouldnt cost me anything exept the cost of the linkage and pinion gears.......... MAN thats almost 1 to 1 gear ratio............ur project has my mouth watering........
Old 11-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi mate
Things have gone a bit quiet on the twin mp777, i have got the 22t clutch bells fitted but just havn't had time to test it yet( to many wet and cold days in the UK). If the 22t bells work well I will go ahead and try the 25t clutch bells.It all depends on how the the buggy will be able to cope with low end speeds. i have worked out that with 25t clutch bells i could reach top speeds of over 90mph. But with a gearing setup that only has a single speed gearbox it will be massively under geared at the 0 to 40 mph and may just end up stalling the engines at low revs, but i suppose trial and error will be the only way to realy find out.this is basically how it will be at certain rpm's

5000rpm = 11.5 mph
10000rpm = 23 mph
20000rpm = 46 mph
30000rpm = 73 mph
40000rpm = 97 mph
do you think it will be able cope with the low speeds or is it just gonna stall the engines or burn out the clutch

chris
Old 11-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't think you'll have trouble stalling the engines. You will probably just have to pick it up off the ground and rev the engines without load to clear them out before doing a run. As for the clutch, again I don't see too much of an issue there. There are TWO clutches for ONE car. That is twice the clutch action to get the same car moving. Even with the ridiculous gearing, burning up shoes and bearings shouldn't be an issue. With that much power, I would *guess* that using lighter springs to get the clutch engaged without slipping forever would be the best place to start.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

where can i get a couple of these 25t clutch bells
cheers chris
headrushhobbies.com
Old 11-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

well......i know ur clutch will be fine and it will not BOG OUT

ur 777 will be useing a 22T on the bell and 47 on the spur right??? well my inferno gt is running ur same diff ratio and im running with ONE motor 25T on the bell and 36T on the spur gear (revo spur gear)

my clutchs have help up fine and the motor does not bog out........yes the motor struggles a little to pul the car from 0-20 MPH (not that bad actually) but from 20 to 75 mph it gets there pretty dam fast

with ur 2 motors trust me ull pull any gear ratio ud like........if u eve wanan rip out the center diff and run a str8 shaft with a small spur gear let me know ill show you how to do it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.