Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is the RC8 doing at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

I want to race mine so bad but I have a junk motor in it right now and it's irritating the hell out of me.

When it was running last week at the track it was flying! It jumps and handles amazingly well and what everybody says about how it likes to be driven hard is 100% true. Some of the other guys had trouble keeping up with me even though I was bogging all over the place (motor is seriously going in the garbage) I've said it in just about every thread I post in about the RC8 and I'll say it again...I love this buggy.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chuck, just unload all of your inferior Losi products and come on over too Team Blue!!!!! We would love too have you onboard
Old 10-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by d4man
Chuck, just unload all of your inferior Losi products and come on over too Team Blue!!!!! We would love too have you onboard
Those are fighting words right there ! How dare you !
Old 10-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

LOL, just kidding!!! Losi makes a great 1/8th scale

But seriously Chuck, come on over to the Blue Side
Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

LOL, just kidding!!! Losi makes a great 1/8th scale

But seriously Chuck, come on over to the Blue Side
I think you mean the dark side .
Old 10-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

I just recently picked up my RC8. I was running a Hyper 7 and I can tell you this: My times have increased exponentially. I picked up 3 full laps the first time driving it, and that's straight outta the box. Now bear in mind, that little carb is kicking my butt tuning the thing (has since day 1 ), but that night I almost TQ'd with it had i not got stuck on a pipe.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Briguy
I think you mean the dark side .
Losi is the dark side

I have respect for the 8ight. It's a good car and in the right hands, is quite potent.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Heres a little video that was posted a few months ago on Youtube, before the RC8 was released. Look how smooth it is compared to all the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkX2wXtH20
Old 10-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Champion

Heres a little video that was posted a few months ago on Youtube, before the RC8 was released. Look how smooth it is compared to all the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkX2wXtH20
That`s the driver being smooth . The RC8 doesn`t drive itself .
If it did it would have won yesterday at my track instead of 7th in the A with all Losi 8ights in front of it .
Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In my opinion AE could have done a much better job. Someone should not have to rig their car or buy upgrades to just get around the track. Everyone that i have met that has this car along with having one myself has shown that if you push it hard it will break. The shocks leak and the piston holes are too big causing it to bottom out after every bump it seems like. Most people i talk to are having problems with the shocks leaking. I honestly couldn't have seen a worse design for captured hinge pins. How would AE who has world titles give you a captured hinge pin with a small machined screw?????. I have also been hearing that the chassie will flex alot and cause several things to bind up very easily including the clutch bell. I will say that the car is fast...but seems very fragile in way too many areas.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (94%+)

I am personally dissapointed with what I have seen with the rc8. I have always been a fan of associated but the rc8 is a let down. Ive been to two out of town races lately and the car always breaks. The car looks just like a thunder tiger I had years ago. It even has the same clutch and such. Just my .02 I guy at our local track has all the new kings headz up grades and it seems to be ok.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default War

Nothing like a good ole fashioned Losi vs. AE flame war!

d4man you're the greatest!

Keep the input coming, it's all very interesting.

Anyone have both the 8ight and RC8?

Compare?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I went from a MBX5 Prospec to the RC8.
I have only run it at the track one time and with the box stock setup.
IMO it has more turn in than the MBX5 and handles the rough stuff just as well, but the Mugen jumped better.
The RC8 is very consistant, I can keep up on the track and my pace is on par with what I ran with the MBX5. I am running the same engine/pipe combination in the RC8 that I ran in my MBX5.
I did not brake anything or have any issues with the RC8; but, I do have the
M2C hinge pin retainers front and rear, M2C ackerman and King Headz top plate. However, with these added "hop-ups", the RC8 was no more expensive than what I paid for my MBX5 Prospec.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

I have a MBX5pro-spec, a Losi8 & an RC8. My RC8 has exactly 1.5 gallon thru it. It's all stock except 1 washer that I added under a defective (too small head) retaining screw. I did boil the top plate before I ran the car. I changed the shock pre-load & the camber, that's all. I have not broken a thing. The RC8 handles bad tracks better than the my Mugen or my Losi. I would say the design is better than the Losi because of all the different bearing sizes & screw types used in the Losi. LOSI, who puts 5-40 & 4-40 screws in the same kit?? And how many different bearing sizes can you fit in 1 car??
I'm NOT an AE fan boy but I like the RC8.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Legend

Default Undefeatable

Rc-8 has set the track record @ Trcr .....

Fastest 1/8th ever ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.