LOSI 8 OR ASSOCIATED 8 which is BEST?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI 8 OR ASSOCIATED 8 which is BEST?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default LOSI 8 OR ASSOCIATED 8 which is BEST?

Fellas I know these type of questions come up all the time....and when its all said and done it boils down to wht manufacture u like...cause somebodys best is always going to b the next mans worst!.....So I guess this question is Aimed at tht lucky guy who has owned them both!!!Which one is best?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

unless ure a very skilled diver dont get the losi...there very good buggys but very easy to break unless ure extremely consistent and smooth. The RC8 on the other hand can really take a beating, ive drove them personally and alsome made me wanna sell my xray. So unless your super smooth ide say go RC8 or the xray XB8 EC
Old 11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

According to current internet hype that is wrong.

Either way, both are awesome buggies. I own the 8 and 13 gallons later broke less than $20 in parts, however I am a maintenance freak. Good maintenance in the pit and before races usually means good track performance. If you go anywhere in SoCal, the most popular vehicle is the Losi 8...
Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

I've got both the 8ight and the Rc8, the losi is a very strong buggy i only broke a few shock parts over a full season.The RC8 seems to do what i want more than the losi but thats probably more down to setup.I don't think I'm any faster with the RC8 but i do know i am more consistent
Old 11-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I dont understand how the hell you can say the Losi buggy is weak and the AE one is strong, Have a browse around this forum and you will find the exact opposite to what you said.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yep blasterman456 you are very very wrong about the losi,it is one very tough buggy and extremely reliable.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I like the way you specify that you want opinions from guys that HAVE OWNED BOTH...

No hear-say, no "well, my buddy"....ALL FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE....

Well, I've been lucky enough to own both at the same time. For my driving style the RC8 works far better... Its a more forgiving buggy. Out of the box, at my local track on the AMB timing device, I was going over 2 seconds a lap faster with it.

What I mean by forgiving is that the Losi requires a "finesse" style of driving. "Smooth is fast" is a motto to live by with a Losi. Not so with the RC8. You need to go faster, you can push it harder.

The RC8 "feels" lighter. When you drive it, you have a much more connected feel to it. It flys nice and level.

If I do have one "con", is that in fast rough stuff it tends to lose a bit of composure but not enough to lose control, but it costs you a little bit of time where the Losi seems to just glide over it. This could be fixed with some tuning...

I find the Losi works best for guys that are good at driving electric or 10th Scale Stadium trucks like the RC10GT2s. The transition works best for them.

Also the Losi is a true "pro" car. When I say that, I mean that it takes changes well and changes do make a different like moving links up one hole, etc... The problem is most people don't know what that does. So, they wind up with an ill handling buggy...

As far as durability. I've not broken anything on my RC8, and only a few minor things on the Losi.

Originally Posted by Xray prince
Fellas I know these type of questions come up all the time....and when its all said and done it boils down to wht manufacture u like...cause somebodys best is always going to b the next mans worst!.....So I guess this question is Aimed at tht lucky guy who has owned them both!!!Which one is best?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Jammin X1
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Buggy

I've owned and raced many different buggies.....

1st things 1st - Any pro racing buggy on the market would be a good choice. They are all good.

I have only a couple things that stick out with certain buggies:

1. Mugen hands down has the best parts quality.

2. The Losi can be rough on throttle servos if not set up properly.

3. The Losi front end gets sloppy quick, though it does not seems to affect performance.

4. The Losi is very responsive to tuning changes.

5. The Jammin is a very solid buggy and I'm told is awesome with the new shocks. Only downside here is that they're gonna have a new buggy out next year sometime.

6. The Losi shocks are sweet.

7. The RC8 works great out of the box and seems to be a well built buggy. (I just got it and only raced it once.)

8. The RC8 is very stable and has all the steering you could ask for.

My Video (1st Time out):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5gFoPM3QZI
Old 11-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reznor88
I've owned and raced many different buggies.....

1st things 1st - Any pro racing buggy on the market would be a good choice. They are all good.

I have only a couple things that stick out with certain buggies:

1. Mugen hands down has the best parts quality.

2. The Losi can be rough on throttle servos if not set up properly.

3. The Losi front end gets sloppy quick, though it does not seems to affect performance.

4. The Losi is very responsive to tuning changes.

5. The Jammin is a very solid buggy and I'm told is awesome with the new shocks. Only downside here is that they're gonna have a new buggy out next year sometime.

6. The Losi shocks are sweet.

7. The RC8 works great out of the box and seems to be a well built buggy. (I just got it and only raced it once.)

8. The RC8 is very stable and has all the steering you could ask for.

My Video (1st Time out):

You forgot to mention the HYPER 8.5 PRO ... awesome value for the money, and kick ass on the track ...

cya,
Old 11-28-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Hyper

I've never owned a Hyper, but I can agree that they are more affordable than the other buggies.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reznor88

My Video (1st Time out):

Hmmm... buggy looks good... but...

Small, tight track (where the RC8 and Losi really shine!)

VERY smooth track, and not many jumps... small jumps at that... NO rythm section?

Looks like it had good traction (the track I mean...) How does it do on loose tracks? How about in the rythm sections (whoops, etc?)

Locally we have an outdoor track (traction varies DRAMTICALLY with moisture content) and an indoor track that is a bit larger than that one. They tend to have more "features." (jumps, elevation changes, etc.) The indoor track is usually reasonably smooth... the outdoor one gets rutted and bumpy of course.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

You can go on forever as to what buggy is good under certain circumstances but I've had Mp777, hong nor (jammin), losi 8ight and now the RC8 and IMHO i don't think i do any better with any because what i gain with one you lose out on another. All the top buggy's at the minute are good and i think i would have good results with them all.I changed from the losi because of how quickly it develops slop and i seemed to have found my limits with it.I've only had the RC8 a couple of weeks but already my lap times are the same as the losi and more consistent.Every buggy has things i don't like but until the "perfect" buggy turns up most people like myself will follow the crowd.
Also you will find most people will recommend what their running even if its the only buggy they have raced, which i find a bit strange.Go with your gut instinct and buy what you like because you cant go wrong with either.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

are you the same xray prince on river city r/c? I am Jay from speedworld

Why not an xray?

I have been looking for an 1/8 as well, we should talk if it's you.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Buggy

Well said damo666...

Like I said b4, all the pro buggies currently on the market are good - you simply can't go wrong.

The biggest mistake you can make is listening to people DOMIT who critique every little minute detail. They also think they know everything.

Have an open mind, grab a competition level buggy and GO RACING!

1/8 Scale Buggy Racing is for men.... whiners like DOMIT don't belong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.