Wiki Posts
Search

X1-CR Runaway, Glitch? Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default X1-CR Runaway, Glitch? Please Help

I just built my new Jammin X1-CR with Jammin .21, JR Servos and Spektrum reciever. But I have huge problem, every now end then when you give it throttle it goes to full throttle and full left steering for a couple of seconds. I have tried to run the wiring every way you could think of with no change. I have also charged the reciever pack so I know its not that. I had the reviever and one of the two servos in a touring car and never had a problem with either one of them. I have been racing rc cars for over 10 years and have never had a glitch I couldnt figure out, but this one has blown my mind. I have been lucky so far, but I need some help before It ends up hitting something flipping over and blowing the motor up. Has anyone ever had a ploblem like this?

Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

check for any metal to metal contact points.. linkage, check the pipe connection to see if the rubber may be damaged allowing a metal to metal connection..
about the only thing I can think of with the spektrum... you could try rebinding the transciever
Old 10-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rregl0612
check for any metal to metal contact points.. linkage, check the pipe connection to see if the rubber may be damaged allowing a metal to metal connection..
about the only thing I can think of with the spektrum... you could try rebinding the transciever
The pipe connections are fine. What did you mean by linkage? What other metal to other metal points could cause it?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i would try another reciever...
Old 10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Try a receiver with crystals. Spectrum systems have been known for roaming.
I had it happen from time to time with my sedan.I went back to the R200 FM.
I sure hope the new spectrum is better.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Try rebinding the tx and rx . I`ve ran Spektrum for years with no problems .
Old 10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default try another battery pack...

This has helped me too, maybe a loose connection.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

ive had this happen with a bad battery conection...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

most of the time if your system is bound correctly the failsafe should kick in to a neutral steering position and throttle to idle or full brake. Make sure that it is bound that way 1st.

I've had two problems with spektrum glitching and one time it was a bad solder joint in my switch on the radio box. The other time it was a weak wire on the reciever pack. Try to run without the switch and see if it fixes the problem. You can also try a spare battery pack. Process of elimination my friend...

Good luck, you're dealing with the most frustrating part of the hobby...
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

check your rx pack...

I have a brand new Team Orion pack and it will just randomly dump and shows the same results that you are experiencing. My Venom 1600 does a good job though

It may not be the battery but it's just an idea.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default spec

Well, I had a similar problem with my Futaba FASST system. Was the laughingstock at the track, 'cause it would go dead all the time (both servos to neutral position).

Turned out both my Rx packs were faulty, dropping voltage unexpectedly, and the failsafe kicking in....it had me puzzled for a time, 'till I tried a third pack and it worked fine.

It might also be the switch . Try by-passing it and go over the connectors. Also, check the Rx antenna. A split cable inside it's plastic sleeve can go unnoticed and drive you nuts!!!

We're assuming the Tx works ok??....and you're sure your servos and Rx are compatible??

Hmmm, can't think of anything else now...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (97%+)

^I was the laughing stock because as soon as I noticed the glitching I grabbed my buggy by the wing and it hit full throttle...sending a brand new set of bowties into the woods because I couldn't get to the flywheel fast enough and they came unglued....
Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
Well, I had a similar problem with my Futaba FASST system. Was the laughingstock at the track, 'cause it would go dead all the time (both servos to neutral position).

Turned out both my Rx packs were faulty, dropping voltage unexpectedly, and the failsafe kicking in....it had me puzzled for a time, 'till I tried a third pack and it worked fine.

It might also be the switch . Try by-passing it and go over the connectors. Also, check the Rx antenna. A split cable inside it's plastic sleeve can go unnoticed and drive you nuts!!!

We're assuming the Tx works ok??....and you're sure your servos and Rx are compatible??

Hmmm, can't think of anything else now...

One of the sevros and the rx was in my sedan, and was working fine. The next thing Im going to try is a new power switch. If that dont fix it ill then try a rx pack. Earlier the first person that posted back mentioned metal to metal contact, but the pipe connections were fine. He also mentioned linkages. Does anyone know what he was talking about? Maybe where the brake linkages run through the loops? What types of failsafe is everyone running? With the problem I have now the failsafe in the spektrum isnt kicking in so I wouldnt think its loosing signal from the tx.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by salteen
check your rx pack...

I have a brand new Team Orion pack and it will just randomly dump and shows the same results that you are experiencing. My Venom 1600 does a good job though

It may not be the battery but it's just an idea.
Come to think about it, I think the pack I have is an Orion.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I any metal to metal contact will do it.. your throttle linkage rubs on the aluminum post for ex..

Any of your linkages..could cause a problem check for rubbing metal to metal..

The pipe connection I had happen to me.. my seals went bad and it must have taken me 2 race days to figure out what the heck was causing this mysterious right turn glitching..

Assuming you tried Rebinding the Reciever to the TX..??

I have also had switches and batteries go bad on me .. deffinately worth a check.. even grab a buddies Batt just to see if there is any difference..
I know several racers here who have all together done away with switches for this purpose..

I will indeed say that glitching is by far the most annoying part of this hobby.. It ranks right up there with changing diff fluids..!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.