Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Werks Racing B7 Pro .21 >

Werks Racing B7 Pro .21

Werks Racing B7 Pro .21

Old 10-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Werks Racing B7 Pro .21

does anyone run this engine. or has anybody run this engine. thinking about buying but not sure between this and O.S VS-B. which is the better engine. i'm running a jammin x1 fte. any opinions??
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I currently have this engine in my buggy and it is beyond fast....get one and don't look back!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Definately go with the VZ-B.

Our team tried and struggled with the Werks engines for the last 8 months and have gone to the O.S.

The B7 pro can be a blindingly fast engine when new, but the reliability and longevity leave a lot to be desired.

Save yourself the money and heartache.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UNSTABLE
The B7 pro can be a blindingly fast engine when new, but the reliability and longevity leave a lot to be desired.

Save yourself the money and heartache.
I don't know buddy, I ran them and had great luck. Over 7 gallons. Then I gave it away. We have another guy running one and he's on his 6th gallon and it's still pulling strong.

I am currently running the V Spec's and I love it. You won't do wrong by one of these but I would say go ahead and get the Werks engine. Nothing wrong with them at all.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe. Out of the 9 engines we've been through, there is only 1 that has really performed well, and that's not a good enough ratio for me.
The rest either had major tuning issues, drank fuel like a bad joke, ate bearings for breakfast lunch and dinner and 1 even snapped the crank.
Add to this the poor tolerances on things like the crank diameter where the clutch bearings go on and almost all of them breaking multiple fins off the head, we had just had enough of them.
We gave them a fair shot, but we were not happy at all by the end of it.
I'm sure others have had good experiences with them, just relaying mine.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Not like what we've seen here at all. I'd get them all in a box and send them into Werks.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

al horne uses the regular b7. same engine he put in for the winter nats in columbus. we had a labor day weekend race where he didnt get all of his qualifiers in and he started from the e or f main. he ended up winning the whole show. driving several 15 min 20 min up to 45 min mains lol. they are very fast engines probably about the only ones i have seen speed wise pull my c6 when i drive it hard but to be perfectly honest even a c6 imo is too much engine. it isnt how fast you go in a straight line but how fast you go around a track. 9 out of 10 times a clean lap is faster than a lap your car is sideways and spinning its tires. fast engines are faster when used by a driver that can actually still drive clean with it!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mugenlife
fast engines are faster when used by a driver that can actually still drive clean with it!
well said
Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbish4
does anyone run this engine. or has anybody run this engine. thinking about buying but not sure between this and O.S VS-B. which is the better engine. i'm running a jammin x1 fte. any opinions??
i ran this engine for awhile, and had alot of problems with it...buy a go tech and your gonna be alot more happy...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A couple friend and I run the Werks motors and have had no problems. They last about 6-9 gallons a fuel. The only down fall is the run time. We only get 6-7 1/2 min. The Vspec will get much better run time. But if your not a A-Main driver all the time and want a motor that will last I would get the Werks. The motor fins do snap off but it dosent effect temps. Just looks bad. Almost every motor out there has to + and - about them. I like them just because they seem to last longer.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I got 10 minutes on a tank with my 1st gen B7. For my money, the B4 pro is the best engine out there. If your track doesn't have a 200ft+ straight save your money and get the B3. It still has great top but better bottom end.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just bought a B7 pro last month, broke it in with about 1/2 gallon and it runs great. After 1 gallon it still has a lot of pinch. This motor produces a lot of power, way to much for my 8ight. It has great torque and tremendous top end when paired with the 2013 pipe.

The only down fall is the fuel economy, about 7 may 7:30 per tank. You have to be careful not to let these motors run more than 230 degrees, the cooling heads are huge and pull lots of heat away. Your best bet is to keep the temps between 215-225. Its a small window, but the motor for me held a tune the whole day.

It is kinda hard to tell if the engine is running lean because the exhaust note is so deep compared to other engines out there. I would say this is one motor where you want to tune to temps because the aforementioned details.

Oh, I run Nitrotane 30% and an O'Donnell 97T glow plug, stock carb insert. Going to a smaller insert would help fuel economy and smooth out the power, even lowering your EPA on the throttle so you give your self 80-90% opening.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ive ran the .21 B3 and the .28 B7 pro and neither of them did it for me...they lacked in every dept imo...and common...single sealed front bearing.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default B7 pro, need help--anybody--please help

I spent a while friday before racing started trying to break in a new B7 pro and ended up putting my ninja back in for the races because I didnt feel right about the engine. I emailed werks with some questions and that didnt get me anywhere. I dont know of anybody currently running the engine so i am flying blind. ----Can some of you guys with a B7 pro give me a pipe and plug combo that you KNOW works well. ----Is anybody using a 2053 pipe?, Iv heard that they may run hot with 2053??. ---My experience so far has been a couple of attempts to idle the engine and while at idle the temps shot up past 230 and were continuing on up before I terminated the session. This while the settings were so rich it was blowing raw fuel out of the pipe like a typical break-in. I tried to put it on the track and it repeatedly died and ran so erratic, I couldnt keep it running long enough to get air over the cylinder head. It idles like it has an air leak. Also, my particular B7 doesnt seem to have nearly as much "pinch" or compression as other new engines. It was easily turned over by my starter box the first time and I can almost turn it over by hand. I also ordered some tires from werks and after 10 days I had to cancel the order because they hadnt shipped or bothered to email me about it. I was hoping to kick butt Friday night with all my cool new werks stuff, but maybe next week. Maybe they are just busy, victims of their own spectacular success. Part of the reason I tried this engine is the reported excellent customer service. Of course if it ran right to begin with, it wouldnt be an issue anyway. Sorry for the long post. At this point Ill appreciate any feed back I can get. Maybe I CAN race this $300 paper weight.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

i just changed the carbie on mine to a novarossi and now it`s fine im running a os p3 plug, 30% sidewinder and werks 2013 pipe internally the motor is excellant no wear after 15litres

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.