Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tuning tips for O.S. VZ-B??? >

Tuning tips for O.S. VZ-B???

Tuning tips for O.S. VZ-B???

Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tuning tips for O.S. VZ-B???

just picked up an O.S. VZ-B. wondering what the best break in procedure is for it. also wondering if anybody has any tuning tips or needle settings for the hot south florida climate. what temp is right for this engine. also what is the best plug to run with this engine. any help is appreciated. thanks.

Last edited by jbish4; 10-17-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've followed the OS break-in procedure with good results. Nothing exotic required.

After break-in, try setting the low speed needle at 3-3/4 turns out from bottomed out, and the high speed needle at 2-3/4 turns out from bottomed out. Set your mid needle flush with the housing, then turn it clockwise until the screw slot points at 2 o'clock when looking at it as its mounted in the car.

Good plugs are either OS P3s or O'Donnell 97Ts.

Temps over 260 would start to be worrying, but if you just tune for smoke and performance, that motor should rip at about 200 degrees.

Good luck with the motor! I love the two I have!