R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New Buggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/185789-new-buggy.html)

atown117 10-12-2007 09:07 PM

New Buggy

I'm in the market for a new buggy. That being said I do not wanna get a Kyosho or Mugen. Here and my choice's in no ranked order

1. Team Associated RC8

2. Team Losi 8ight

3. X Ray EB8EC

So If you guys could tell me some pro's and con's of all of these buggies. I would greatly appreciate it.

Warhawk 1 10-12-2007 09:16 PM

Out of the ones you listed I would go with the X-ray. I'm going to get one of those myself. Just curious why not Kyosho or Mugen? Those are probably the most recognized names in 1/8th buggies.

atown117 10-12-2007 09:24 PM

I knok... But it seems that almost everyone is running one of those things

Ultraspeed84 10-12-2007 09:42 PM

i can tell u some cons lol...

xb8ec has alot of adjustments prolly to many for new people

losi- has a lot of chassis flex thats good and bad wear clutch bearings,also some people had the thrt problem i never did, and the chassis will wear fast.

AE- prolly going to have some breaking issues with the upper plate on steering but they will fix that shortly.

out of all of the above i say AE. love the losi it was fast and still is. xb8ec almost bought one but hear there hard to keep fast week to week... havent drove xb8ec just the other two... AE to me would be better for a new comer or someone that likes truggy

Warhawk 1 10-12-2007 09:44 PM

I used to have a Kyosho, the I sold all my stuff and got out of the hobby for a few years. Kyosho was great. Since I got back into the hobby, I got an X-ray T2'007. The craftsmanship of the kit is 2nd to none. As well the adjustability and engineering of the car is top notch. Fit and finish of parts is awesome. Set-up sheets and X-ray forum are great resources as well. I'm sold on the X-ray if you couldn't tell.:sneaky: Adjustability, yes you can dial yourself in or out of tune if you don't undersatnd the adjustments. But thats true with any buggy. The X-ray's strength is the ease in making the adjustmants.

atown117 10-12-2007 09:52 PM

I am not a newcomer to the buggy world. I am switching from a jammin x1 cr ft looking to try something different.

Warhawk, I have checked out X-Rays forums and totally agree with you in that perspective. I also have heard that their really good quality and durable too.

Owen RaCing 10-12-2007 09:56 PM

RC8

SteveJa 10-12-2007 10:44 PM

8ight...................

Dave.H 10-12-2007 10:54 PM

Kyosho.

captain america 10-12-2007 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84 (Post 3760860)
i can tell u some cons lol...

losi- has a lot of chassis flex thats good and bad wear clutch bearings,also some people had the thrt problem i never did, and the chassis will wear fast.

I have yet to hear of anyone complain of premature chassis wear on the 8ight. What exactly are you basing this statement on?

Same goes for clutch bearings. Isn't the front bearing size the same as on most other buggies? The rear clutch bearing, being larger, tends to wear less quickly from what I've experienced.

salteen 10-13-2007 04:15 AM

RC8!!!!

Warhawk 1 10-13-2007 08:15 AM

I've never seen the Associated run or touched one... I've always been a fan of Associated though.

salteen 10-13-2007 08:17 AM

with the right driver, the rc8 is a nasty freak on the track...I'm still working on being "the right driver" :p

mugenlife 10-13-2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by captain america (Post 3761020)
I have yet to hear of anyone complain of premature chassis wear on the 8ight. What exactly are you basing this statement on?

Same goes for clutch bearings. Isn't the front bearing size the same as on most other buggies? The rear clutch bearing, being larger, tends to wear less quickly from what I've experienced.

i know of 4 or 5 guys at least at our track that are on their second 8ight kit. they like them and are fast with them as well.

sport10 10-13-2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by salteen (Post 3761726)
with the right driver, the rc8 is a nasty freak on the track...I'm still working on being "the right driver" :p

The RC8 also seem fragile too. I see people scrambling to get aftermarket parts that have not even put the buggy on the track yet. I will stick with my 8ight. Just as fast but more durable too.

If I was recommending a new buggy it would be the 8ight or the MBX5R according to the drivers driving style.