Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 04-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
It looks like the set-up sheets on the AE website say 1 dot.
so thats 1dot on everything,even in "c" block for antisquat? spose
it is all trial and error,will try this and see how it goes...cheers chris...
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

I posted the 1 dot on the C-Block only.

There are a few set-ups at this link for the Truggy. See if there is something similar to what you run on.

http://67.199.85.166/racing/setups.php?modelname=RC8T
Old 04-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drt_racer5
Just ordered the rc8t ce toady. anyone know what springs come in the kit?
if you have the foward battery box it should fit in there. me and one other racer has the same pack and they fit just fine.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Clutch shoes shims

Hey all... I picked up a used RC8T and the clutch shoe shim wasn't included. I've check the local LHS's and they didn't have them either.

I'm going to race tomorrow and would like to have something between the flywheel and the shoes.

Anyone know what the shims are made of and how thick they are? I'm thinking about cutting some lexan to put in there but I'm not sure if it can holdup.

Thanks guys!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

its some sort of teflon, i think the ofna clutch shim kit has the shims for the shoes in it. the clutch gets too hot for lexan.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

I run Answer RC RC8 Shoes in mine when running the AE 3 shoes setup. If you look on the bottom of them there is a lip to elevate the shoes off the Flywheel. When I run the normal AE ones, I used the 3 small washers included in the shim kit to do this. I have not run the Teflon shim in some time and have had no issues with it. This might be only my experience though. I also run 2 1.0 and 1 .9 Spring when running the truggy as most of the tracks here are low traction and I like the smoothness over the snap.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Had the truggy out today and tried the 10 hole 1.3mm pistons I did up.

Track was real blown out and rough, almost like the Silver State race last year and the year before. Set up the shocks with the silver springs and had 35wt in the front and 32.5 wt in the rear. At first they worked out pretty good, but as the track got more blown out the rear became a little too bouncy over some of the jumps. I assume the 32.5 in the rears was a bit too light with the 10 holes. I opted to put my 32.5 6 hole shocks and that smoothed out the rear in the bumps better. Today the 10 holes worked for me, tomorrow? Well, they may not work so good. I might try a heavier rear oil and see if it works. Seems like the stock shock pistons seem to be just about right for most tracks.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That is good to know. I really did not feel like drilling 10 1.3mm holes in 4 pistons. Way to much work for me. I would much rather be one tenth of a second slower than Adam Drake.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

ran both my rc8 b and rc8t ce yesterday at the Asylum in louisville ky, which is an amazing track. had engine issues all day with both vehicles flameout after flameout qualifiers and mains, which actually would have been a bad day but the only reason why it wasn't was both my truggy and buggy were amazing, tooons of steering and rear traction. Could drive them smooth or hard nothing could upset either one.

truggy i used mayfield nats setup with cityblock soft tires with top pins worn off and buggy i tried mayfields IL.nats setup was good but liked cavalieri's nitro challenge setup way better. thaught i would have rear traction issues since going to a harder silver spring from black but was quite the opposite.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is a group of us from CRCRC coming down to the Asylum track next weekend. Do you know what the closest hotel is?
Old 04-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

not really sure but you could go to www.kyrcrc.com and check their im sure you could find the info your looking for. their phone number is also available their. track has really good bite
Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

I'm running Shane's setup on a tight indoor hard packed surface with some dust. Running SS gridirons all the way around.

I love the setup but the rear end is loose for my driving style. Both on power and off power entering a turn. I took some droop out of the rear which helped with the entry but it's still loose on exit.

I'm thinking more rear toe will help - I also thought I'd go shorter on the rear camber links (middle hole). Any other ideas to try to lock in the rear? Maybe a lighter diff oil?

Also - I'm still running the steering mod. Have you guys found that the stock ackerman works better?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HiVoltg12
I'm running Shane's setup on a tight indoor hard packed surface with some dust. Running SS gridirons all the way around.

I love the setup but the rear end is loose for my driving style. Both on power and off power entering a turn. I took some droop out of the rear which helped with the entry but it's still loose on exit.

I'm thinking more rear toe will help - I also thought I'd go shorter on the rear camber links (middle hole). Any other ideas to try to lock in the rear? Maybe a lighter diff oil?

Also - I'm still running the steering mod. Have you guys found that the stock ackerman works better?

To lock the rear end down you don't want to go shorter rear camber links. That will make it more loose.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HiVoltg12

I had the same problem. Kicked the lower rear shock out and if you want it planted more, go up on the shock tower and if that doesnt get you, go back down on the shock tower and out on the hub and if that doesnt work go in on the upper shock to the middle hole. Hope that helps.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

To lock the rear end down you don't want to go shorter rear camber links. That will make it more loose.
I meant longer - I have them at the shortest setting now.

I had the same problem. Kicked the lower rear shock out and if you want it planted more, go up on the shock tower and if that doesnt get you, go back down on the shock tower and out on the hub and if that doesnt work go in on the upper shock to the middle hole. Hope that helps.
Thanks! I'll give those a shot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.