Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 01-16-2010, 07:36 AM
  #1036  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slash bash
yes the bags were done in order. as per instructions. called AE just like i did on tuesday about the input cup that was mishaped. and i got the same answer as before they will ship a new one to me. Thats nice but still have to wait another week or two for the part. cali to fla shipped usps just sucks.
oh well they could have just said tuff send us the old one and we will send you a new one after inspection. but they didnt. Oh well good luck on your ce kit i hope you dont have any of these problems. and dont get in a hurry putting the ft hub assy together. its kinda a pain in the arse.
thanks
Sorry to hear that bro. Do they have some at ur local hobby shop. My shop would give guys the part if the kit came messed up and when the new part came they would just put it on the wall.
Midnight is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 09:41 AM
  #1037  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4
Default

So I got 350 credit on amain I haven't run lipo and thinking about running a lipo servos and reciever what do you guys recomend charger and battery quality that will last a while

thanks

Little E
Little E is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
  #1038  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Hey bro. What tires came with ur ce truck
Midnight is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:04 PM
  #1039  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 27
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

My RC8T CE came with JCONCEPTS Crosshairs and Associated Tires. I actually have them up for sale right now if you want them....
teambretzke is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
  #1040  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teambretzke
My RC8T CE came with JCONCEPTS Crosshairs and Associated Tires. I actually have them up for sale right now if you want them....
Thanks but I dont think I would need 2 sets.
Midnight is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 04:24 PM
  #1041  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Mikey Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spokane
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Little E
So I got 350 credit on amain I haven't run lipo and thinking about running a lipo servos and reciever what do you guys recomend charger and battery quality that will last a while

thanks

Little E
I run the reedy lipo packs (part# 631) and regulator (part# 636) with no problems.

As for a charger, right now I have a hyperion charger (EOS 0606i).
Mikey Hudson is offline  
Old 01-16-2010, 09:01 PM
  #1042  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by teambretzke
My RC8T CE came with JCONCEPTS Crosshairs and Associated Tires. I actually have them up for sale right now if you want them....
What compound are they? Are they going to work good on a clay moist high traction track.
Midnight is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 05:35 PM
  #1043  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Ok, as Ive said before, my 8t ce will be here around thur and I plan to put Shanes setup on it. Just have a few questions like rear ride height, wheel hex, battery position, I think the diff is 777, wing mount, gearing. Thanks guys. Also which rear shock fluid can I run instead of ae 25. All I have is losi shock oil. Also my losi shock springs want be in by the time I build, but I have all of ae springs, which one can I use for now. Thanks in advance. I will be running a +4 until I sale my buggy and get a toro.
Midnight is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 PM
  #1044  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Also do I need losi truggy springs front black and rear grey?
Midnight is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
  #1045  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Mikey Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spokane
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Midnight
Ok, as Ive said before, my 8t ce will be here around thur and I plan to put Shanes setup on it. Just have a few questions like rear ride height, wheel hex, battery position, I think the diff is 777, wing mount, gearing. Thanks guys. Also which rear shock fluid can I run instead of ae 25. All I have is losi shock oil. Also my losi shock springs want be in by the time I build, but I have all of ae springs, which one can I use for now. Thanks in advance. I will be running a +4 until I sale my buggy and get a toro.
Rear ride height - 43mm

Wheel Hex - I would assume the narrow hexes

Battery Position - Most likely the forward battery position

Diffs - 7,7,7

Wing mount - low angle and forward position (25mm is normal for this)

Gearing - 14/52

Shock oil - AE 25 is similar to Losi 27.5

Springs - You could stick with the black fronts (harder than Losi blacks) and bronze rears (they should be fairly identical spring rates)

Most of this I got from Shane's setup sheet he sent me. If anythig is wrong please correct me.
Mikey Hudson is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
  #1046  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Mikey Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spokane
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Midnight
Also do I need losi truggy springs front black and rear grey?
That is correct
Mikey Hudson is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 07:06 PM
  #1047  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

what is "shanes setup"? is that a track?
j_blaze14 is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 07:36 PM
  #1048  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Mikey Hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spokane
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It is an actual setup for the truggy and buggy. This is what was posted in the buggy thread.

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
All right guys. Here is the setups for buggy and truggy. Anyone that tried them at Leisure hours last weekend can confirm that they are very good. The only thing that does not thrill me is you have to use losi springs. But hey,there just springs. I'll be at my home track this weekend where i can actually try it with AE silvers. I will be able to compare lap times to see if we can run AE springs and accomplish the same feel.

Truggy:

Front:

silver bar

#3 on tower(shocks)

middle steering rack

1 dot hinge pin bushing

-2 camber

18 deg. caster

A on caster block

inside on arm

2 out toe

38mm ride height

1 dot kickup



Front shocks:

Spring-losi black

fluid-losi 35wt

piston-(1.3 x 6 hole)

length-full

1/2 rebound



rear:

gold bar

medium wheelbase

#3 tower(shocks)

-2 camber

2.5 toe

lower hole in rear hub

#2 camber(tower)

short link in new hubs

inside on arms

2 deg ant-squat



Rear shocks:



Spring-losi grey

fluid-AE 25wt

piston-(1.2 x 6 hole)

length- full

1/2 rebound



Buggy:

Front:

silver bar

#7 tower

1dot on everything

-2 camber

18 deg. caster

2 deg toe out

A-caster block

inside on arm

29mm



Front shocks:

spring-losi silver

fluid-losi 35wt

piston-(1.4 x 6 hole)

length- full

1/2 rebound



Rear:

silver bar

medium wheelbase

#9 on tower

-2 camber

1 dot D plate

B on hubs

#3 inside on tower

inside on arms

1 dot anti-squat(2 deg.)

30mm



rear shocks:



spring-losi green

fluid-losi 20wt

piston-(1.2 x 6)

length-1mm internal

1/2 rebound

30mm



You have to use two spring adjusters in the front and the rear of the buggy to get ride height.
Mikey Hudson is offline  
Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
  #1049  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
TXRC8racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesquite, TX
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

man when are the new towers comming out??? On ebay tonight I done a little shopping and was watching the new CE towers go for 60+ dollars a piece..Did buy the CE chassis on ebay which i am assuming its the same as the FT chassis for 29$
TXRC8racer is offline  
Old 01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
  #1050  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,106
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mikey Hudson
Rear ride height - 43mm

Wheel Hex - I would assume the narrow hexes

Battery Position - Most likely the forward battery position

Diffs - 7,7,7

Wing mount - low angle and forward position (25mm is normal for this)

Gearing - 14/52

Shock oil - AE 25 is similar to Losi 27.5

Springs - You could stick with the black fronts (harder than Losi blacks) and bronze rears (they should be fairly identical spring rates)

Most of this I got from Shane's setup sheet he sent me. If anythig is wrong please correct me.
Just wanted to say thanks bro.
Midnight is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.