Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 01-14-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
Dont bother with City blocks and Calibers. They are pretty much the same tire. Honestly, i like AKA best. The quality of the rubber, and the life of the foam just suit my needs.
i want to buy three sets of tires that are good on hard pack with dusty surface. when i try to find tires i seem to get lost and over whelmed with the ammount of tires that are out there. when i ask some one i get several opinions on what to run. i just want to have good tires becuase i found out what a tremendous diffrence the tires make after the last race at the end of the year.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

im running in the south also with the same conditions. The aka cityblocks work well if the track is pretty smooth because of the flat tire carcass. I run botwtie m3's on most other bumpy or rutted tracks with great sucess because the carcass is more rounded.As for the calibers they seem to work well everywhere.
hope that helps.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I just had the proline lpr bow tie tires on backorder with amain from middle of december and they just sent me a refund for them saying discontinued?? can anyone help as I am after the same tire pattern etc to fit my team associated truggy wheels that came with the kit?anyone? will aka or jconcepts fit that rim?
cheers
Old 01-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Shock preload clips. HELP ASAP!

I need some help with the 89266 preload clips asap open practice tomorrow race Saturday scrambling to finish setup as I type. I was having problems getting the correct rear ride height so i got the preload clips. How do they install? The package says RC8. They seem like their to small in diameter. Did I order the wrong ones? I've tried different rebounds and still have to turn the collars way to far down. I'm using 40wt oil. If these wont fit is there anything I can do?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeltech
I need some help with the 89266 preload clips asap open practice tomorrow race Saturday scrambling to finish setup as I type. I was having problems getting the correct rear ride height so i got the preload clips. How do they install? The package says RC8. They seem like their to small in diameter. Did I order the wrong ones? I've tried different rebounds and still have to turn the collars way to far down. I'm using 40wt oil. If these wont fit is there anything I can do?
They maybe for the original buggy which had 14mm shocks. You want 16mm because the truggies have the big bores.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeltech
Also check the droop!!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
I just had the proline lpr bow tie tires on backorder with amain from middle of december and they just sent me a refund for them saying discontinued?? can anyone help as I am after the same tire pattern etc to fit my team associated truggy wheels that came with the kit?anyone? will aka or jconcepts fit that rim?
cheers
guys anyone?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes,both will fit.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flippz
i want to buy three sets of tires that are good on hard pack with dusty surface. when i try to find tires i seem to get lost and over whelmed with the ammount of tires that are out there. when i ask some one i get several opinions on what to run. i just want to have good tires becuase i found out what a tremendous diffrence the tires make after the last race at the end of the year.
For hard pack, with lite dust, i would go with a small pin like the Gridiron. Compound would depend on Outside temp. If they water the track, moving to a cityblock would be a good idea.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

little help. Just received my rc8tce kit and so far not so good. Many of the parts are mishaped from the cva input cup to the motor mounts. or at least one motor mount.both of the mounts are not the same. one is shorter from the ft to the back. so only one side is level. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem? kinda loseing faith in A.E. after these issues

thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

no problem for me, built went smooth and everything is fit
if you have a problem call AE they will take care of everything
Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
cheers
I would try the Jconcepts cross hairs. They are a good tire.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

thanks guys much appreciated
Old 01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slash bash
little help. Just received my rc8tce kit and so far not so good. Many of the parts are mishaped from the cva input cup to the motor mounts. or at least one motor mount.both of the mounts are not the same. one is shorter from the ft to the back. so only one side is level. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem? kinda loseing faith in A.E. after these issues

thanks
Dang Bro, I hope this isnt true. I just ordered mine last night from tower for 489.00. Ive never had a problem but once I was missing a part and once the shock threads werent threaded. Did you make sure you were on the right bag. My RC8B went together perfectly.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes the bags were done in order. as per instructions. called AE just like i did on tuesday about the input cup that was mishaped. and i got the same answer as before they will ship a new one to me. Thats nice but still have to wait another week or two for the part. cali to fla shipped usps just sucks.
oh well they could have just said tuff send us the old one and we will send you a new one after inspection. but they didnt. Oh well good luck on your ce kit i hope you dont have any of these problems. and dont get in a hurry putting the ft hub assy together. its kinda a pain in the arse.
thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.