Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Shock filling and droop?

I purchased the AE droop gauge and I think I may have wasted a whole $1,50 lol! If it is possible to use the gauge on the RC8T where on the front of the chassis do you place it? Do you put it on the kick up or back on the flat area of the chassis? Do you remove the skid plates or leave them in place? Should I not even bother and just set my shock length accordingly?
I would also like to know what the preferred shock filling procedure is, full rebound or somewhere in between? How do you all set up your shocks?
Now thats allot of questions!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeltech
I purchased the AE droop gauge and I think I may have wasted a whole $1,50 lol! If it is possible to use the gauge on the RC8T where on the front of the chassis do you place it? Do you put it on the kick up or back on the flat area of the chassis? Do you remove the skid plates or leave them in place? Should I not even bother and just set my shock length accordingly?
I would also like to know what the preferred shock filling procedure is, full rebound or somewhere in between? How do you all set up your shocks?
You use it under the steering posts on the buggies and trucks (anything that is flat). I also wouldn't recommend using a skid plate. To many people have had handling issues using them. So no you didn't buy something you don't need (except the skid plate), you just have to use it correctly.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Does anybody have there hands on the championship edition rc8t, i back ordered mine from stormer hobbies but no luck yet. I just cant wait to get it.
Has anybody done electric conversions on the rc8t. That is my plan!!!!!
I need help choosing which RC8T to buy ? I already run the old rc8t and want to order a new one but don't know which one is the best one ? Is the CE the same as LE but a different body and tires? I can add those but the LE has all the hop ups the CE dosent ? What kit would you buy ? I would rather buy the LE and put the jconcepts stuff on later ?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its more than a year & i dont have problem w/ my rc8t FT ...........if your going to ask me i think just get the CE cause you got the $$$ lol j/k IMO when i look at it the new CE believe me on all those hop ups its just add more weight ..................anyway ryan c. is using the rtr chasy brace everybody knows that ,right now im thinking to get the proline bulldog body & change the AE stock wing to proline DF wing

Last edited by mbx5rcr34; 12-10-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reeltech
The gauge works like a charm. I use it on my RC8T..I push it up against the front bumper, and it it extends back far enough to hit the flat spot on the bottom of the chassis.

I run zero rebound, not sure what everyone else does.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i run 3/4 rebound in the rear and 1/2 to 3/8 in the front. I figure with a faster rebound in the rear it gets more weight on the front tires faster. which enables the truck to turn faster.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

I use zero rebound on my shocks.

I would get the CE since its the same as the LE with the difference that the LE that the LE has carbon shock tower (the CE has aluminum), the chassis braces on the LE are aluminum (the CE has plastic), also the body is different (the JConcepts works great!), the LE does not include tires only rims and the wing on the LE is by AE while the CE is a JConcepts wing. Everything else is the same. If I had to choose one I would get the CE. Both include the RC8B suspension mounts. The CE uses the new front hinge pin design while the LE uses the old style.

I almost forgot the LE has a $50 dollar certificate for JConcepts stuff (so you can get the body and the adapter wish you don't need with the aluminum towers.)
Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Does anyone know if you have to cut the rear camber rod in order to use the new hole in the new hubs? if so, how much?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

i thought the ce was the only version that came with the steering mod included?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

yes CE have a steering mod just like rc8b
Old 12-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Hate waiting

Ok, so after AE anounced the relaese date of the new "CE" Edition and seeing that it will have new shock towers it dawned on me..
Why not make 1.
So if you have an extra buggy "B" rear tower or can stand the extra 30$
it is well worth the 1/2hr (or less) it takes to make it happen.
Simply lay the truggy tower onto the "B" tower secure it with a few screws and make sure its square, drill the body mount holes to the "B" tower, then chop off the upper half (of the carbon tower) and bolt it on...
You will need longer screws for the body mounts.
1 doesnt need to explain the benifits as we all know what the new towers did for the buggy!!

Enjoy..
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-img_0261.jpg   Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-img_0262.jpg   Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-img_0263.jpg   Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-img_0264.jpg   Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-img_0265.jpg  

Old 12-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captaindemo17
Does anyone know if you have to cut the rear camber rod in order to use the new hole in the new hubs? if so, how much?
I did about 2mm on each side. Not too much is needed
Old 12-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GASMAN123
I need help choosing which RC8T to buy ? I already run the old rc8t and want to order a new one but don't know which one is the best one ? Is the CE the same as LE but a different body and tires? I can add those but the LE has all the hop ups the CE dosent ? What kit would you buy ? I would rather buy the LE and put the jconcepts stuff on later ?
John, get the CE truck. It comes with all the hope ups, including the new towers. The le does not come with those.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Regular

The only thing that I know of that is any different than the CF shocktowers are:1) the front has the inserts for the upper link and 2) the rear has the extra rear camber holes. Actual shock hole locations are the same as before. Just an F.Y.I

Nice work though CRCDUDE.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anyone here use the BCE Speed Chassis for the RC8T? What does it do for the truck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.