Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 02-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This is Mike Hudsons. He took a piece of carbon, a B44 battery strap would work well, and used heatshrink around the battery and the brace.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
shock length they are referring to is droop and you want to measure from the middle of the top screw to the middle of the bottom mounting screw. A digital caliper works wonders for stuff like this.
do u measure with a caliper when the cars on the ground or when its off ground. so should it be 113 in front and 123 in rear when the cars sitting on a stand or all for wheels on the ground dropped and the suspension settled?

jeff
Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff alessi
do u measure with a caliper when the cars on the ground or when its off ground. so should it be 113 in front and 123 in rear when the cars sitting on a stand or all for wheels on the ground dropped and the suspension settled?

jeff
You measure droop with the car on a stand and the shock mounted on the car.
113 front and 123 rear. (I don't know if this is the setting for the RC8 as I don't own one). Like said before you measure from the center of the mounting screws.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Droop

Just set the car up on a spare set of wheels or on a stand and measure from the middle of the top bolt to the middle of the bottom bolt with your calipers. To set ride height you put the car on the ground with the tires on and a half tank of fuel in it. Then you measure from the ground to the flat part of your chassis on the front and the back. Instead of using digital calipers I would get the associated ride height gauge for this.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default shock length/droop

Originally Posted by Jmnay_83
Just set the car up on a spare set of wheels or on a stand and measure from the middle of the top bolt to the middle of the bottom bolt with your calipers. To set ride height you put the car on the ground with the tires on and a half tank of fuel in it. Then you measure from the ground to the flat part of your chassis on the front and the back. Instead of using digital calipers I would get the associated ride height gauge for this.
RevRace, just so you know. you set the shock length with the droop screws on the inside of the arms and ride height with the preload adjustment on the shocks. Not sure of your skill level, but did want to point that out before you started rebuilding your shocks..lol.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all of the replies on the shocks. For the steering mod, is it the exact same parts as the buggy steering mod, if not could someone please post what parts I need? Also, are the AKA truggy wheels zero offset...I just bought two full sets of tires and wheels but haven't glued them yet.
Thanks
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You will need 92mm tie rods. every thing else is the same.

AKA truggy wheels are zero offset.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
You will need 92mm tie rods. every thing else is the same.

AKA truggy wheels are zero offset.
Perfect!! Thank You
Old 02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Questions?? steering mod RC8T

I am very curious about this steering mod ya'll talk about on the RC8T. I adjusted the radio for more steering but I ended up cracking my castor blocks. The hub was hitting that front flap when I turned it all the way which eventually cause it to crack. Are ya'll replacing the castor blocks and if so with what? I would appreciate it if someone would post a link, picture, or just described it in a little more detail because as it sits I do not get enough steering for my liking. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default RC8T Update

Just wanted to post my experience so far with the RC8T. Within the first 10 min of running it I broke a rear hub, which I was expecting after reading this thread. I replaced it, and immediately broke another one, bent a hinge pin and cracked a A-arm. I have since picked up the M2C hubs and have not had any issues since. The M2C hubs are really nice, can be used on either side, and even come with 4mm hinge pins and a drill bit for modding A-Arms! and are cheaper then anything else I've seen, I highly recommend them!

Also I'm using the SC8 plastic chassis mounts, and they are holding up great, even after several cartwheels, some hardcore wrecks, and some 20ft+ jumps. This truggy is stonger then I thought! I'm very happy with it. I'm currently using 7 - 10 - 5 for my diff's in my brushless setup, and it is working very good. However sometimes it is hard to keep the front wheels touching the ground and will probably try 15 in the center diff.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I also have to say I'm very happy with the truck! I have had mine since last October I haven't broken one part. In fact I have gone through 2 v-specs before anything has worn out.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

I just ordered mine yesterday. It will be here on Thursday.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hutch301
I am very curious about this steering mod ya'll talk about on the RC8T. I adjusted the radio for more steering but I ended up cracking my castor blocks. The hub was hitting that front flap when I turned it all the way which eventually cause it to crack. Are ya'll replacing the castor blocks and if so with what? I would appreciate it if someone would post a link, picture, or just described it in a little more detail because as it sits I do not get enough steering for my liking. Thanks.
Just dremmel the 'shield' castor blocks using a sanding drum, and the hubs won't hit anymore. As for the steering mod, I did it, but haven't run it yet to tell you what it did. It looks like it will work great though, it took away any bump-steer, and made the outside tire turn in nearly as much as the inside tire.
Here's a pic, with the original ackerman plate shown:

I just painted these for Canadian Winter Nats 09:

Old 02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Does anyone have a part number or brand for these?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
You will need 92mm tie rods.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.lunsfordracing.com/mm5/me...egory_Code=4MM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.