Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 10-11-2013, 09:11 AM
  #4411  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

What do people tend to prefer, the AE alu front chassis brace, or the King Headz?
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM
  #4412  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cincinnati, oh
Posts: 874
Default

I've got the AE one and have no complaints. They're both supposed to be made of high quality aluminum. I'd have to say it comes down to if you want a brace that's anodized blue or black.
Micah78 is offline  
Old 10-11-2013, 05:01 PM
  #4413  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Apple Valley
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Micah78
I've got the AE one and have no complaints. They're both supposed to be made of high quality aluminum. I'd have to say it comes down to if you want a brace that's anodized blue or black.
I totally agree rather have the factory blue color
mavdriver is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 AM
  #4414  
Tech Regular
 
Bigwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 398
Default

Kings uses a lock nut that's replaceable, FT is threaded into the brace itself.

If you ever snap a screw in the FT brace.......well you know what.

They both work equally well.
Bigwave is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:33 AM
  #4415  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

What do most people usually run - just the front brace in alu?

I've had the front center shaft pop off, and I assume it was too much chassis flex at the front of the chassis on node-dive landings.. Not sure though.
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 AM
  #4416  
Tech Regular
 
Bigwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 398
Default

I personally use the blue rod end style for front and rear.

Flexes, but not as much as the plastic, plus it's stronger.
Bigwave is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:57 AM
  #4417  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

Aha, like from the first gen RC8T's? I remember people complaining about them - though I never had issues on my first RC8T back in the day...

Wow - just checked.. They're still available. AND cheaper.. OK, I'll get those.. Thanks..
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 02:02 AM
  #4418  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

Anybody think AE is gonna' upgrade the RC8T ever? IMHO they either need to do that(even just a facelift), OR slash the price on the RC8T CE... I like my RC8T just fine. But the competition has changed - and grown - a lot since the CE came out... Serpent, Agama, Mugen, etc.. I went to a big race recently and there was only one RC8T in the semifinals, and about three Kyosho Evos in the top five I think..
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 04:43 PM
  #4419  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
ABN Hoosier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: El Paso, Texas
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I do know one thing, the RC8.2 is going through a lot of MOD's just to stay out front. I think the growth of Short Course and Lipo technology has put the Truggy sadly on the back burner. Also, the competition of Nitro v/s Electrics has maybe hurt the RC8T. The electric RC8T is a ghost, but the 8.2e is still around. Who knows. But Truggy to me is still a favorite to all the others.
ABN Hoosier is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 07:39 PM
  #4420  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Apple Valley
Posts: 490
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I would have agree the RC8TCE could use some Mods althougt is a great truggy thats what i run and i love mine i run it with the E conversion but i think AE needs to come out with a true E version of the CE . just like they did with 8E .
mavdriver is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:41 PM
  #4421  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

I couldn't care less about electric anything (no offense..), but it seems to me AE could sell more RC8T's if they just re-released it with a few tweaks or something.. But on the other hand the RC8.2 seems to have poisoned the brand a bit..., so I don't know. Though yes, the RC8T CE is still a great truggy as it is, and IMO doesn't need to be modded to the moon the way the buggy apparently does..
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
  #4422  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
I do know one thing, the RC8.2 is going through a lot of MOD's just to stay out front. I think the growth of Short Course and Lipo technology has put the Truggy sadly on the back burner. Also, the competition of Nitro v/s Electrics has maybe hurt the RC8T. The electric RC8T is a ghost, but the 8.2e is still around. Who knows. But Truggy to me is still a favorite to all the others.



I ran the RC8TCE as Nitro and it handled pretty good to me . As Electric with the conversion kit it was not bad but not balanced that good really. With a Tekno V4 kit its pretty dam good.


There is other manf making E-Truggy platforms coming out soon so who knows maybe Assoicated will make one also but the issue is the class is not growing so who knows.

But Nitro Truggy i notice has died off quite a bit in the Northeast at least club racing !
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM
  #4423  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I ran the RC8TCE as Nitro and it handled pretty good to me . As Electric with the conversion kit it was not bad but not balanced that good really. With a Tekno V4 kit its pretty dam good.


There is other manf making E-Truggy platforms coming out soon so who knows maybe Assoicated will make one also but the issue is the class is not growing so who knows.

But Nitro Truggy i notice has died off quite a bit in the Northeast at least club racing !
What tracks in the northeast? Nitro truggy at hobby hut is at least 2 heats at mushroom bowl same thing yesterday. At barnstormers we had three heats and at trains and lanes we always have truggy st lcrc is good also plenty every time i go
carpet Carlos is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 02:06 PM
  #4424  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

Truggy's alive and well everywhere.. And good thing too - more relaxed alternative to over-serious buggy racing..
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:06 PM
  #4425  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Truggy's alive and well everywhere.. And good thing too - more relaxed alternative to over-serious buggy racing..
I most def take buggy super serious next to truggy but i love racing truggy also.what am i saying i take my rc8.2 and rc8t just as serious lol i have a racing addiction
carpet Carlos is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.