Old 08-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ABN Hoosier
wondering....RC8.2T...
oh yeah.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

what brand big dome cap and shock body from?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taztal3
what brand big dome cap and shock body from?
Those are Kyosho shocks. Not just the cap, the whole shock.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just recently replaced all of the driveshafts on my RC8T. I bought the truck last year used. So far the truck as been pretty rock solid. I've been slowly replaceing worn parts on the truck as needed and decided to replace the driveshafts because I wanted to start over with fresh/unbent shafts. First off this was a big mistake because I am also building a track at my house. building a track means lots of bad landings when trying to figure out how to space the mounds of dirt to actually be able to land it smoothly. Consequently this means that I have found out just how easy it is to bend an outdrive! It seems like the fronts take all the abuse because I have bent them several times and not had a problem with the rears. My real issue though is that I have snapped the ball/dogbone end off of 2 shafts on the rear. These are brand new driveshafts that I just ordered from Amain. I just rebuilt the rear diff and it is working smoothly. I'm wondering if there was a bad batch of driveshafts from Associated or if there is something wrong with my truck. Is it common for people to snap driveshafts on the RC8T?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

You might have too much droop in the front. When I first started running the truck I bent a few. And if you crank the steering hard on a landing that also adds to it.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

has anyone replaced the top arms with turnbuckels like they do on the buggies with the truggy?
Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brendon.matt
has anyone replaced the top arms with turnbuckels like they do on the buggies with the truggy?
no need is fine the way it is
Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78
I just recently replaced all of the driveshafts on my RC8T. I bought the truck last year used. So far the truck as been pretty rock solid. I've been slowly replaceing worn parts on the truck as needed and decided to replace the driveshafts because I wanted to start over with fresh/unbent shafts. First off this was a big mistake because I am also building a track at my house. building a track means lots of bad landings when trying to figure out how to space the mounds of dirt to actually be able to land it smoothly. Consequently this means that I have found out just how easy it is to bend an outdrive! It seems like the fronts take all the abuse because I have bent them several times and not had a problem with the rears. My real issue though is that I have snapped the ball/dogbone end off of 2 shafts on the rear. These are brand new driveshafts that I just ordered from Amain. I just rebuilt the rear diff and it is working smoothly. I'm wondering if there was a bad batch of driveshafts from Associated or if there is something wrong with my truck. Is it common for people to snap driveshafts on the RC8T?
Yep i also bent my front shafts , i recently replace with new ones , haven`t had no problems so far , knock on wood and i drive my truggy hard big jumps end over end flips , love this truck
Old 08-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mavdriver
no need is fine the way it is

i find im replacing more top arms then bottoms due to them bending
Old 08-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone broken their axles? Mine have snapped of right at the diff output cups twice in the rear. The cups don't look worn and nothing seems to be binding. This was the kind of shit I used to deal with on my big block tmaxx. I figured moving up to an 8th scale truggy built to handle big block nitro power would pretty much eliminate these problems. I guess I probably just got a bad batch of shafts from AE. Just like the steering posts I bought where one of the posts had no threads in it. Quality control anyone?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

If you run too much droop on the truggy then you can have issues with shaft bending or breaking, back the droop off.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigwave
If you run too much droop on the truggy then you can have issues with shaft bending or breaking, back the droop off.
I guess I'm showing my ignorance here but, how do I back of the droop? I'm not sure what droop is or how it could cause the rear driveshafts to snap like twigs at the diff output cup. I'm not saying your wrong, I just don't know what droop is or how it correlates with the axles snapping.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

There are grub-screws on the insides of the arms. Screw them in to reduce droop - equally on both sides.. Set the truck up on something so the arms are hanging down. You should see the angle of the arms change(the angle at which they hang basically being the droop...)

Just a random idea - but I also have a TT MT4 G3, and with these there has been some random snapping of shafts. Not sure if they're made in the same factory (TT owns AE), but with the MT4 G3 parts anyway, it seems like there was a bad batch at some point. Because normally they're very very tough. I had a rear shaft snap last winter. OK, was about 0C out, but I wasn't doing anything too crazy.. Just an idea...(that there may have been a bad batch - because that seems to be what happened with the MT4 G3/ST-1 axles..)

Last edited by Herrsavage; 08-27-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What about the monster gt axles? Would they fit? I cannot remember. Ttr st1 axles may fit also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.