Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

Well my local hobby shop don't carry my serpent stuff only team ae and X-ray and losi stuff
Old 03-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
Well my local hobby shop don't carry my serpent stuff only team ae and X-ray and losi stuff

With that being said Yes you should make the switch.It can get to be a headache waiting on parts to come.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos
I run them and no problems what so ever.noticed no performance gains from them just that bit lighter
@ carpet carlos
Thanks,
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEWER
As Im still waiting for my kit to arrive may I ask you fellows with experience on the truck, is it worthwile to buy the alu stub axles and input cups from the RC8.2 or are they not good for the T?
The alu input cups work fine for me, but I wouldn't recommend the alu stub axles on the T. The extra stress from the extra weight and larger wheels takes a toll on them. I ended up shearing 3 of them in 2 months doing nothing special... no major offs or bad landings that I can recall.
I know they work fine for some people, and I've had no issues with them on the 8.2, but I went back to the steel axles on the T.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Gas tank

[QUOTE=RavensNightFury;11928149]Well my local hobby shop don't carry my serpent stuff only team ae and X-ray and losi stuff[/QU

A spare gas tank is a must have for the T,,,Or you can do the Hot Bodies tank upgrade.
A few pages back a few guys were talking about it.Doesn't seem hard to do at all.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rc pete
The alu input cups work fine for me, but I wouldn't recommend the alu stub axles on the T. The extra stress from the extra weight and larger wheels takes a toll on them. I ended up shearing 3 of them in 2 months doing nothing special... no major offs or bad landings that I can recall.
I know they work fine for some people, and I've had no issues with them on the 8.2, but I went back to the steel axles on the T.
Mhhm, I wondered why they are not in the RC8T FT kit as they are in the Buggy kit, so I think that may be the answer, the bigger wheels a bit more outside=to much load.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM
psr
Tech Regular

hey truck guys whats up ive brought my self a pretty much loaded race truggy and have never had a ae truggy before and we have a big meeting coming up the truck is so dialled its amazing, but I have no spares for it as I have put all my funds into my buggy.

what would you guys say the minimum would be to carry as spares take into account I can afford a whole new spare truggy the week after the big race cheers
Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psr
hey truck guys whats up ive brought my self a pretty much loaded race truggy and have never had a ae truggy before and we have a big meeting coming up the truck is so dialled its amazing, but I have no spares for it as I have put all my funds into my buggy.

what would you guys say the minimum would be to carry as spares take into account I can afford a whole new spare truggy the week after the big race cheers
I have had the truggy since it was introduced and can honestly say the truck is pretty much bullet proof. I only remember actually breaking something at the track which was a plastic rear hub due to a bad landing.I would recommend carrying the caster block bushings part#89029 assuming u are running the plastic caster blocks they are notorious for falling out if they are not loctited even after u Loctite them I would still make sure there tight after every heat.Good luck!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

Hey bug man how do you like the p5xlt in that ce mate I am thinking going back to a team ae car from serpent
Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
Hey bug man how do you like the p5xlt in that ce mate I am thinking going back to a team ae car from serpent
I really like the p5xlt .They have smooth power and get good fuel mileage.They are very easy to tune I have ran other engines that where very finicky to hold a good tune. Another bonus is their reasonably priced.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Why did ae change the towers from carbon to the alu ones, is there a problem with the carbon ? im asking for i bought a pair of the carbons and now I got my kit and I dont know which ones to use
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEWER
Why did ae change the towers from carbon to the alu ones, is there a problem with the carbon ? im asking for i bought a pair of the carbons and now I got my kit and I dont know which ones to use
More tune options with the aluminum and rear body mount is different on the carbon ones
Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 AM
psr
Tech Regular

umm first run of the truggy bloody awesome nuf said
Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Swing rack steering

If I change the steering from bellcrank to swing rack on the Truggy, how long should the turnbuckles be ? 68 mm or 70mm? Any idea?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can just cut a little off the ones u have now. That's what I've done with zero issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.