Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 AM
  #4051  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

Thanks.. To be honest, I shimmed it last time, and the caster block broke on the very next outing to the track. I only had one small shim in there(up front), and there was no binding or anything - it felt like I would expect it to feel new more or less. Maybe the shim played no role and it was just coincidence.. But as it is now, that to me feels like way too much slop..
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM
  #4052  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Thanks.. To be honest, I shimmed it last time, and the caster block broke on the very next outing to the track. I only had one small shim in there(up front), and there was no binding or anything - it felt like I would expect it to feel new more or less. Maybe the shim played no role and it was just coincidence.. But as it is now, that to me feels like way too much slop..
Mine had that play from new literally right after built same with me buggy
carpet Carlos is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 PM
  #4053  
Tech Regular
 
Bigwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 398
Default

Loose = Fast. If it doesn't drive poorly then don't sweat it, it's all about how it feels when actually driving it, not how it seems on a stand.
Bigwave is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM
  #4054  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I love my truggy !
carpet Carlos is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM
  #4055  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,299
Default

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos
Mine had that play from new literally right after built same with me buggy
I believe you of course, so I'll just leave it. But speaking from my own experience, my SC8 doesn't have slop like that, nor my RC8.2. Neither did my first RC8T, RC8, or RC8B.. That just seems like a lot of slop is all.. Maybe I just need some new red bushings. Has to be that - because the arms are new, the pins, and I think even the hubs..
Herrsavage is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:40 AM
  #4056  
Tech Adept
 
christmaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 115
Default

My truggy has had the slop in the rear arms since new. the hole in the arm on one side is oval for some reason letting it move forward and back about 1mm it changes the toe angle slightly when it does it but i cant tell it does it on the track.

also on a side note for those bending axles, i found this mod on another forum. i have not tried it but they look stronger.

http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/s...ge-scale-build
christmaxx is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
  #4057  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (59)
 
djbclk430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Totowa, Dirty Jersey
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

hey guys i just got the kings headz 1.5mm offset motor mount when iuse the stock clutch bell it is not lining up with the spur gear to far back what are they running for clutch bell or mod to remedy this? Any info would be appreciated THANKS!
djbclk430 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM
  #4058  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What do you guys think about the narrow hexes vs the standered hexes
carpet Carlos is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM
  #4059  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,980
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos
What do you guys think about the narrow hexes vs the standered hexes
Use the narrow hexes... toss the wide ones.
DaveW is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:49 PM
  #4060  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
R/C Lidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 2,762
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by djbclk430
hey guys i just got the kings headz 1.5mm offset motor mount when iuse the stock clutch bell it is not lining up with the spur gear to far back what are they running for clutch bell or mod to remedy this? Any info would be appreciated THANKS!
that mount is for when you use an aftermarket clutch that has a flat flywheel (i.e. Werks, Ascendancy, etc). The stock AE flywheel has an offset that allows the clutchbell to sit back. With the flat flywheels the clutchbell is pushed forward to the point where only half of the teeth make contact.
R/C Lidz is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM
  #4061  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,923
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

i cant wait to see new truggy out yet ?
taztal3 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:47 AM
  #4062  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taztal3
i cant wait to see new truggy out yet ?
What new truggy ?
carpet Carlos is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM
  #4063  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,923
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

what i mean that i hope new truggy out now but i can be patient myself .
i know that they working on new nitro buggy at world . it is worth to wait that all
taztal3 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 02:22 PM
  #4064  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
carpet Carlos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by taztal3
what i mean that i hope new truggy out now but i can be patient myself .
i know that they working on new nitro buggy at world . it is worth to wait that all
I hope they do and hope they don't. I just rebuilt my truggy
carpet Carlos is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:15 PM
  #4065  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (59)
 
djbclk430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Totowa, Dirty Jersey
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
that mount is for when you use an aftermarket clutch that has a flat flywheel (i.e. Werks, Ascendancy, etc). The stock AE flywheel has an offset that allows the clutchbell to sit back. With the flat flywheels the clutchbell is pushed forward to the point where only half of the teeth make contact.
Thanks
djbclk430 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.