Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
  #3421  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,637
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

It could be the case that shock oil somehow works differently from brand to brand. So, maybe going from 32wt to 30wt losi oil has different effects on a particular vehicle compared with going from 32wt to 30wt associated oil.

Maybe the thing to do is match oil brands to vehicle brand. So, losi vehicles run losi oil, xray vehicles run xray oil, etc. Im beginning to think that a lot of buggy/truggy problems are being caused by mixing brands. I'm going to try a lot of setup changes this weekend and check out my lap times.
071crazy is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
  #3422  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by 071crazy
It could be the case that shock oil somehow works differently from brand to brand. So, maybe going from 32wt to 30wt losi oil has different effects on a particular vehicle compared with going from 32wt to 30wt associated oil.

Maybe the thing to do is match oil brands to vehicle brand. So, losi vehicles run losi oil, xray vehicles run xray oil, etc. Im beginning to think that a lot of buggy/truggy problems are being caused by mixing brands. I'm going to try a lot of setup changes this weekend and check out my lap times.

True diffrent brands do seem to have thicker shock than others im using losi shock oil and its somewhat thick so it likely whould not have the same effects maybe. Ive used associated shock oil and diff oil its defietly thinner than losi oils for sure.

But a test like your saying whould be great.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 PM
  #3423  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

are all parts the same from rc8t to rc8t CE??? also what rx pack works well?
inferno13 is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 02:55 PM
  #3424  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by inferno13
are all parts the same from rc8t to rc8t CE??? also what rx pack works well?

All the supension ball links are the same the supension arms, the top steering rack cover is on the "rc8tce" the one on the rc8t is plastic i believe . The only diffrences on the CE is the alum shocks towers, steering rack cover and the alum supension blocks pretty much all the weak areas are covered now.

Expect for the plastic rear camber links which do tend to flex i boiled them bastards.

As for a Rx pack ive used a 1500 mah nimh battery before i converted i forgot what manf it is sorry.

Did you get the rc8tce ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM
  #3425  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
All the supension ball links are the same the supension arms, the top steering rack cover is on the "rc8tce" the one on the rc8t is plastic i believe . The only diffrences on the CE is the alum shocks towers, steering rack cover and the alum supension blocks pretty much all the weak areas are covered now.

Expect for the plastic rear camber links which do tend to flex i boiled them bastards.

As for a Rx pack ive used a 1500 mah nimh battery before i converted i forgot what manf it is sorry.

Did you get the rc8tce ?
as far as rx pack i was kinda lookin for hump or stick? will a losi lipo rx pack fit?

yes, i should have it saturday, i actually could not decide on rc8tce or serpent, so i bought both and will keep the one i like...LOL
inferno13 is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
  #3426  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by inferno13
as far as rx pack i was kinda lookin for hump or stick? will a losi lipo rx pack fit?

yes, i should have it saturday, i actually could not decide on rc8tce or serpent, so i bought both and will keep the one i like...LOL

Oh ok yea its a hump pack the battery is up front on the rc8tce.

Dam you got both not sure which one you will like lol but the rc8tce likes to be driven hard to a limit. But you will have more support for the rc8tce at most tracks.

But il say one thing the serpent parts are quality.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
  #3427  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Oh ok yea its a hump pack the battery is up front on the rc8tce.

Dam you got both not sure which one you will like lol but the rc8tce likes to be driven hard to a limit.
thanks, well if they like it or not, they will be driven hard!! we will find out what one likes it more
inferno13 is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
  #3428  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by inferno13
thanks, well if they like it or not, they will be driven hard!! we will find out what one likes it more

lol yea .

There is one guy at my track that runs a "serpent truggy" and i was watching it around the track to me it looks like it fishtails a lot on the rear end that might be the setup though who knows.

But the rc8tce is planted though il tell you that .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
  #3429  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
lol yea .

There is one guy at my track that runs a "serpent truggy" and i was watching it around the track to me it looks like it fishtails a lot on the rear end that might be the setup though who knows.

But the rc8tce is planted though il tell you that .
it should be.....the rc8tce is the heaviest truggy out right now at 4300grams. serpent is the lightest at 3800grams, so i got the heaviest and lightest..
I must say i do like a little weight on my rides, just fits my driving style better.
inferno13 is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:39 PM
  #3430  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by inferno13
it should be.....the rc8tce is the heaviest truggy out right now at 4300grams. serpent is the lightest at 3800grams, so i got the heaviest and lightest..
I must say i do like a little weight on my rides, just fits my driving style better.


The rc8tce might be but if you pick it up off the ground it does not feel like it but wheels/tires make a big diffrence in that like the aka tires. Does not drive like it ethier not being bias. Hell i think my rc8tce converted ways about 10 pounds i think with a soft pack lipo the rc8tce is a pound less.

I like more weight espially on a dry/dusty track its great !
A light weight truggy in my opinion which ive driven before is hard to drive on a track like that.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 03:55 PM
  #3431  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
The rc8tce might be but if you pick it up off the ground it does not feel like it but wheels/tires make a big diffrence in that like the aka tires. Does not drive like it ethier not being bias. Hell i think my rc8tce converted ways about 10 pounds i think with a soft pack lipo the rc8tce is a pound less.

I like more weight espially on a dry/dusty track its great !
A light weight truggy in my opinion which ive driven before is hard to drive on a track like that.
im all nitro, i have no use for electric stuff. anything i have questions about will be nitro specific
inferno13 is offline  
Old 10-27-2011, 04:29 PM
  #3432  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

F.Y.I. Thunder Tiger part# PD1861 heatsink brake discs are the same as the Associated 89123 discs used on the truggy, buggy and SC8. They are $15.99 at Amain. Amain# TTRPD1861. The Associated list for $24.99. I would run the Avid discs but the last time I checked they were out of stock. So you can save a few bucks with the TT's. I have a hard time spending $25.00 on two brake discs, just does'nt seem wright.
reeltech is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
  #3433  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

what weight diff oil are most useing? 7-7-7? 5-5-5?
inferno13 is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 PM
  #3434  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by inferno13
what weight diff oil are most useing? 7-7-7? 5-5-5?

When i ran my as nitro it was 7,7,3 at first than 7,7,5 seemed to worked really good. If you want more on power steering or more torque out of corners than try 7,10,5 or 3k in the rear.

I run the same diff setup except 10k in the center on my converted rc8tce.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-30-2011, 06:59 PM
  #3435  
Suspended
iTrader: (202)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
When i ran my as nitro it was 7,7,3 at first than 7,7,5 seemed to worked really good. If you want more on power steering or more torque out of corners than try 7,10,5 or 3k in the rear.

I run the same diff setup except 10k in the center on my converted rc8tce.
thanks, i read this whole thread today! have a bad headach now!! i have read everything from 5-3-5, 5-5-5, 7-7-7, 7-5-7, 7-3-7, 7-10-7, 7-10-5, 7-7-3, 7-10-3, 5-7-5, REALLY!, this is not real helpful at all. but so far 7-7-7 or 7-5-7 seems to be the most talked about. but did not see what track suface to use the differnt set ups on.
inferno13 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.