Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 10-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Heres a video from the first part of the Open Truck A Main at the Southern Nationals this past weekend. I started 8th on the grid after a couple bad qualifying rounds. Made my way into first and then the scoring system lost power at around the 13 minute mark. Restarted in qualifying order and shredded my tires trying to get back into the lead. Oh well. The kid who was TQ ran me down and I didn't have anything for him. Ended up 5th after losing a wheel and DNFing with about 2-3 minutes left on the clock. Truck was great though!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2nd

My son finished second there yesterday with his rc8t. Truck handled great an we ran jconcept sevens all weekend they were dailed.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdcavin
My son finished second there yesterday with his rc8t. Truck handled great an we ran jconcept sevens all weekend they were dailed.
I think there were a couple laps that me and your son ran pretty close together. He was running really well. I was running SS subcultures. They were good in the beginning, but then it felt like I was driving on Jello after about 15 minutes. haha
Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Which clutch should I go with WERKS pro clutch or power clutch? OS .28 engine
Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

how do you make the rc8t a lot ligther then it is its nose hearvy and all
Old 10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Prophet

noseheavy ?

I never notice that when i ran my rc8tce as nitro was the face of the jump you were on messed up on one side ? Because that will cause a nosedive you just have to blip the throttle in the air.

If its not that ethier try more preload on the front shocks or use lighter weight shock oil in the front shocks.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man

If its not that ethier try more preload on the front shocks or use lighter weight shock oil in the front shocks.
Wouldn't lighter front shock oil make a vehicle nosedive even more?

more preload + lighter shock oil = pogo stick.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Wouldn't lighter front shock oil make a vehicle nosedive even more?

more preload + lighter shock oil = pogo stick.

No doesnt seem like it on this truggy give it a try .

Sure did help on my converted rc8tce when i converted it to electric grated its not nearly as balanced as running the rc8tce as nitro.

I dont mean real light only im using "32w" oil all around seems to jump better i dont notice any nosediving right after i hit a jump now.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
No doesnt seem like it on this truggy give it a try .

Sure did help on my converted rc8tce when i converted it to electric grated its not nearly as balanced as running the rc8tce as nitro.

I dont mean real light only im using 32w oil all around seems to jump better.
I'd rather not. Basic physics and fluid dynamics principles do not change from buggy to truggy, brand to brand.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Prophet

I'd rather not. Basic physics and fluid dynamics principles do not change from buggy to truggy, brand to brand.

Well like i said you never know if you dont try it.
Im running the stock shock pistons also and handles fine although the front end is not as reactive but i can tune other things to fix that.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

So essentially you're saying that lighter front shock oil will slow down weight transfer and reduce nosedive on the associated truggy, right? That's pretty interesting.

Why does this work only on an associated? On a number of other brands, lighter shock oil seems to quicken weight transfer. Could you explain?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 AM
cdo
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

So essentially you're saying that lighter front shock oil will slow down weight transfer and reduce nosedive on the associated truggy, right? That's pretty interesting.

Why does this work only on an associated? On a number of other brands, lighter shock oil seems to quicken weight transfer. Could you explain?
I run the stock setup but use 40wt oil . I have no problems with how it jumps.Maybe the your rear is to soft and bottoming out and it is kicking it up off the face of the jump.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

I dint mean to say it only works on assoicated but on other brands it should have the same result. But i do race with a guy that uses "32f" and "30r" on his rc8tce ran as nitro and i never noticed him nosediving or anything like that he loves the handling.

It also depends on the race surface also.

I just know on my rc8tce converted the lighter oil front and rear seems to work better. And yes the lighter front oil does make the front end react faster sorry its hump day lol but thats what i needed on my rc8t electric. Because with the 35w it seems to react to slow on the front end but its diffrent for sure on the rc8tce if you run it as nitro ive noticed.

Last edited by tc5 man; 10-26-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

I'm totally confused. According to the losi manual, lighter shock oil makes a vehicle respond quicker. So, I would think that lighter shock oil would make a truggy nosedive even more. The only explanation I can think of is that lighter shock oil makes a losi respond quicker, but makes an associated respond slower. I'll have to think about this more.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Prophet

I'm totally confused. According to the losi manual, lighter shock oil makes a vehicle respond quicker. So, I would think that lighter shock oil would make a truggy nosedive even more. The only explanation I can think of is that lighter shock oil makes a losi respond quicker, but makes an associated respond slower. I'll have to think about this more.

From the hudy guide

it might make the rc8tce ran as nitro nosedive because the rx battery is in the front with lighter oil in the front shocks not sure. But not my because its converted and the balance is not the same.

Thinner More holes/
Larger holes
Increases steering on low grip surface
Slower steering response
Decreases initial steering at corner entry
Increases oversteer at corner exit/under
acceleration

Although i dint change my piston holes there the same.
What kind of condition is your track in what kind of dirt ? Its what the driver likes also.

And the tempeture outside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.