Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Does anyone have a RC8TCE roller for sell thats in good condition? If so let me know. Please send PM and you can send pics to [email protected]. Chassis pics and out drive pics please. Thanks.

IVE BOUGHT ME A RC8T BUT THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES

Last edited by rcmoe; 08-11-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys
i keep ripping my rear inner hingepins out of the back arm mount/bushes. have done it three times now.either by bushings are way to soft or is the pin to short? how long are they suppossed to be? there does seem to be plenty of room inside the bushings when i install them.
some average driving is leading to this happening but if i can find a way to correct this then my average driving can continue as it seems to be the only thing i seem to consistantly break.

cheers

pow

ps go the all blacks!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM
ajj
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has anyone noticed their chassis looking bowed? I stripped my truck down and when put it on the table there was about a 3mm gap from chassis to table under the centre with both ends sitting on the table. Thought it must have just happened racing at some point. But I just got a new one off ebay today and it's the same, with a slight bow in it...
Old 08-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Quick question for anyone out there. Just build another truggy and did not have any extra shocks to use. So I pulled the one's from my RC8Be buggy. I know the fronts are a couple mm shorter. To kinda help with that I un-screwed the shock end out a little to gain the few mm's back. As for the rears they are the same as the truggy. Is there any negatives to doing this as it wil only be temporarily. Thanks

Also anyone have a spare set for a truggy pm me.

Terry
Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by kneedeeppow
hey guys
i keep ripping my rear inner hingepins out of the back arm mount/bushes. have done it three times now.either by bushings are way to soft or is the pin to short? how long are they suppossed to be? there does seem to be plenty of room inside the bushings when i install them.
some average driving is leading to this happening but if i can find a way to correct this then my average driving can continue as it seems to be the only thing i seem to consistantly break.

cheers

pow

yea i race with somebody who has a "rc8t" but as electric, and his bushings whould come out on the rear from wear and he whould brake the aluminuim rear supension also, mount most likely the bushings are to wared out causeing the hinge pin to come out on you.

i remmend cleaning the bushing holes after every race to keep the wear down .

i never broke the alum rear supension mount so i dont know how he broke it lol.

Ajj: yea i notice the slight bow on the front end of the chassis i think thats the way its supposed to be .
Old 08-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it the gold pins?
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

hey guys

cheers

pow

I had the same problem! Turns out the steel hinge pins are a bit short. Got the gold ones that are a few mm longer and haven't had a problem since!

Ivan
Old 08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just picked up a brand new RC8T RS (the rtr one). I am looking at the body and to me it looks like the engine does not seem to get very good air flow. The windshield area is cut out allowing air movement to the cooling head but on the rear of the body where the hole is cut for the cooling head, the top of the head is flush with the body. From the looks of it air will pass thoug the windshield, through the cooling head, then get trapped under the body.

Has anyone else noticed this? From the reviews I have read it looks like the pro.28 motor likes to run hot and I am wondering if this could be contributing to it. Has anyone tried trimming the body behind the engine opening to help with airflow?
Old 08-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
I had the same problem! Turns out the steel hinge pins are a bit short. Got the gold ones that are a few mm longer and haven't had a problem since!

Ivan
cheers lads any links for these gold pins?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cheers lads any links for these gold pins?
This is what you're looking for:

http://www.teamassociated.com/factor...details/89466/
Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Its odd you didnt get the gold pins with the blue aluminum hinge pin blocks as they were included with the B and D plates. Got them from ebay maybe?
Old 08-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Yes, those are it Ken!

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Its odd you didnt get the gold pins with the blue aluminum hinge pin blocks as they were included with the B and D plates. Got them from ebay maybe?
I bought a used Factory Team one which had the M2C upgrade from a local driver. Car was in perfect condition! I guess he just didn't know about the gold pins upgrade cause I got a lot of spares with it and he doesn't cheap out on parts.

Ivan
Old 08-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

hey guys

cheers

pow

Double check your diff cases. Ive seen the holes strip just enough to let it spread apart under load.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

The gold pins came out when the blue aluminum blocks came out so the silver pins and M2C stuff were out first. I thought the M2C plates came with longer black hinge pins though.

There is a chance though that with the M2C plates the gold pins may not work. I really dont know.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Prophet

well i raced yesterday not much into the day though dam rain, anyways i tested out the "14 degree" caster inserts i dint really notice a big diffrence compared to "16 degree" just a little bit smoother i could hold a line better though on the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.