Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
  #2806  
cdo
Tech Addict
iTrader: (58)
 
cdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berlin,NJ
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jenson40
i replaced the o-rings in my rtr rc8t, i know they had a running change , the ones i put in are clear . Are the clear ones the updated ones or the black ones?
The clear ones are the new ones.
cdo is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
  #2807  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
Brad S.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,834
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jenson40
i replaced the o-rings in my rtr rc8t, i know they had a running change , the ones i put in are clear . Are the clear ones the updated ones or the black ones?
Clear ones are the new ones. .

Brad
Brad S. is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
  #2808  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: johnson city ny
Posts: 260
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

thanks
jenson40 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:27 PM
  #2809  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 946
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Jenson- PM Sent
mgtmadness2007 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 PM
  #2810  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

has, anybody have this problem i filled my shocks up to 1mm from the top and i stick the bladder inside the cap and than screw it on the cap and when i push the shock shaft up a little oil comes out of the hole everytime when im checking the rebound

and the bladder is seated inside the cap and it doesnt feel like to much oil pushing the shaft up .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:04 PM
  #2811  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 946
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
has, anybody have this problem i filled my shocks up to 1mm from the top and i stick the bladder inside the cap and than screw it on the cap and when i push the shock shaft up a little oil comes out of the hole everytime when im checking the rebound

and the bladder is seated inside the cap and it doesnt feel like to much oil pushing the shaft up .
I havent had that problem. if oil comes out of the hole then, the bladder is not seated all the way into the cap. Also if it is too tight it may twist the bladder, making oil leak out.
mgtmadness2007 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 PM
  #2812  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
I havent had that problem. if oil comes out of the hole then, the bladder is not seated all the way into the cap. Also if it is too tight it may twist the bladder, making oil leak out.



i think maybe i overtighten the cap likely because i made sure the bladder was seated good inside the cap.

il just tighten the cap intill its just snug no more than that.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
  #2813  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 946
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i think maybe i overtighten the cap likely because i made sure the bladder was seated good inside the cap.

il just tighten the cap intill its just snug no more than that.
Did you take an allen wrench or something and kinda push on the ridge of the bladder lightly till it moved past the threads? And I usually put a lil oil around the edge of the bladders before i put them in. idk if the CE manual suggests that or not.
mgtmadness2007 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:22 PM
  #2814  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
Did you take an allen wrench or something and kinda push on the ridge of the bladder lightly till it moved past the threads? And I usually put a lil oil around the edge of the bladders before i put them in. idk if the CE manual suggests that or not.


i used a flat head to make sure it was seated i dint stab it so i whould i whouldnt rip the bladder it was past the threads though into the cap .


i dint use oil on the bladder around the edge il try that to and the ce manuel doesnt say that.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 PM
  #2815  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 946
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i used a flat head to make sure it was seated i dint stab it so i whould i whouldnt rip the bladder it was past the threads though into the cap .


i dint use oil on the bladder around the edge il try that to and the ce manuel doesnt say that.
ok, cool.
mgtmadness2007 is offline  
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 PM
  #2816  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
ok, cool.

i, know it says also to screw the shock ball end to the eyelid on the manuel and thats not fully tighten just snug flush with the eyelid but when i took the shocks out of the bag it was pasted the eyelid and fully tighten so i guess thats the way to do it screw it on intill its fully tight.

i dont know if yours was like that also out of the box also ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 04-01-2011 at 10:49 PM.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
  #2817  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

ok, this is weird i made sure the shock bladder was seated inside the cap and i even try to fill the shock all the way to the top and i bleed them right.

with the oil and bubbles comeing out of the shock cap and i just tighten it intill it was snug and when i push the shaft up a little bit of oil comes out

the shock doesnt go all the way down on the treads i dont know if that has something to do with it ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-02-2011, 12:35 PM
  #2818  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

ok, this is weird i made sure the shock bladder was seated inside the cap and i even try to fill the shock all the way to the top and i bleed them right.

with, the oil and bubbles comeing out of the shock cap and i just tighten it intill it was snug and when i push the shaft up a little bit of oil comes out

the bladder looks fine .

the shock doesnt go all the way down on the treads i dont know if that has something to do with it ?

nevermind, i think i fixed it i had to fully tighten the shock cap intill it couldnt tighten no more and i dint see oil come out of the hole on the cap when i pushed the shaft up and only a little bit of the threads showed on the shock body.

Last edited by tc5 man; 04-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 04-02-2011, 03:25 PM
  #2819  
Tech Master
iTrader: (15)
 
RMKinWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mount Horeb, WI
Posts: 1,035
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Here are 5 set-up videos.

TC5 Man you need to watch these.
RMKinWI is offline  
Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 PM
  #2820  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
Here are 5 set-up videos.

TC5 Man you need to watch these.

thanks for the link i fixed the problem now though no oil is coming out of the cap hole since i fully tighten the cap.
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.