Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know exactly which one your talking about. I marshalled you at some point and the wing tried to bite me. I was right after the triple doubles.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:37 PM
cdo
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I was at the hut also,i had the white,green,blue one.I won truggy sportsman a main.I must say im very happy with my RC8t.I got it where i was trying to get it at the end of last year.Now only if i can keep getting faster with it.And the best part was i did not break anything on it.Last time out with it i broke a few tie rod ends.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

haha yea the wing was sharp. ya i think me and you were battling for the first few laps
Old 03-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdo
I was at the hut also,i had the white,green,blue one.I won truggy sportsman a main.I must say im very happy with my RC8t.I got it where i was trying to get it at the end of last year.Now only if i can keep getting faster with it.And the best part was i did not break anything on it.Last time out with it i broke a few tie rod ends.

what diff fluids did you run and what tires?
Old 03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

I definitely remember your car too CDO. Im a big fan of green so your body caught my eye.

I was in the pro truggy race. I finished 2nd. My truggy paint looks just like the buggy in my avatar.

Not to sound bitter but I would have won the race if the timing loop was on the correct side of pit road. 1st flamed out twice but because of the loop he didnt lose any laps. Thats one thing they really need to fix when doing the track rebuild.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

I run the RC8TCE box setup with 2 changes. 30wt oil front and rear and 1 dot lower rear antisquat (I think 2 down). For tires I used soft AKA I-beams.

My truggy was last rebuilt 1.5 gallons ago. I havent rebuilt the diffs or shocks since last fall. I did finally change the clutch shoes and bearings before the main though. All Ive done over the last 6 races besides that is clean it and charge the battery.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
cdo
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jenson40
what diff fluids did you run and what tires?
7,10,3 30wt shock oil and m3 calibers
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM
cdo
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I definitely remember your car too CDO. Im a big fan of green so your body caught my eye.

I was in the pro truggy race. I finished 2nd. My truggy paint looks just like the buggy in my avatar.

Not to sound bitter but I would have won the race if the timing loop was on the correct side of pit road. 1st flamed out twice but because of the loop he didnt lose any laps. Thats one thing they really need to fix when doing the track rebuild.
Your truck looked real good in the main.I wasnt sure about the green then i had it painted and now im hooked.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

I run the RC8TCE box setup with 2 changes. 30wt oil front and rear and 1 dot lower rear antisquat (I think 2 down). For tires I used soft AKA I-beams.

My truggy was last rebuilt 1.5 gallons ago. I havent rebuilt the diffs or shocks since last fall. I did finally change the clutch shoes and bearings before the main though. All Ive done over the last 6 races besides that is clean it and charge the battery.
Jason, I think both of those comments speak volumes...

•box setup

•minimal maintenance
Old 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

... I think we just posted a whole page without that train wreck

(edit) NVM... still have 4 to go

c'mon, we can do it!
Old 03-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I was at the Hut also in the sportsman truggy class.I had the metalic green truggy that was in the lead for the first part of the race. I had no low end at all due to soft springs and heavy clutch shoes. The low end was getting worse as the race went on and it started to flame out on me. I thought is my tune until I was talking with Ed (Team Chaos) after everyone left and said something about the clutch. Then I realized (light bulb went on) that is what the issue was. Anyway I'm more than pleased with the RC8T CE. I was running 7-10-5 in the diffs and it seemed ok.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Prophet

interesting about the timing loop i guess they notice it if not il let them know about it.

well, when i get the truck done il test it and see how i like the box setup with no changes at the track the only thing thats not in the stock setup is the 7,10,3 diff setup.

but, i like what you guys are saying about the minimal matience with my losi god it got on my nerves with the theres wasnt no minimal matience !

sriley: if, your racing sportsman truggy this year add a other rc8tce so watch out for me j/k i know it will be a while to get used to the truck.

Last edited by tc5 man; 03-22-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rodrigo360
Hello everyone.
The previous weekend was the OffRoad 1/8 National Championship (Colombia) on my local track.
I managed to achieve a very good 4th place an A-Main after a 4th place qualifying. I'm the only RC8T on a 40 truggy class, with the other 30 losi's and 10 mugen's approach.
I'm very proud of RC8T performance, its an incredible and reliable truck, 40 minutes of the A-Main without troubles.
This is my first National Championship participation with my RC8T after 2 monts with it, and I just want to share this personal success with all who run this amazing truggy.
Congrats on a great performance and glad you are liking the truck and letting it rip.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
Jason, I think both of those comments speak volumes...

•box setup

•minimal maintenance

Yep, more people really should just build the truck like it comes and at least try it first. One reason that's it's the "stock" setup on a "championship edition" truck is because it won many championships with THAT setup, lol.

Sure there are things to tweak for certain tracks or temperatures, but people who change everything before even hitting the track then post saying it's not handling right crack me up.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

alright guys what the difference between the rc8t punisher body and the rc8t ce punisher body? I have a FT ed truck but it has the ce edition shock towers and body mounts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.