Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 AM
  #2626  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
aray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bugman
That,s what I figured a friend of mine tried the fioroni stub axle,s and ended up breaking them that,s why I was curios about the associated ones, Thank,s for the info.
I tend to agree...I bought a little harbor freight scale just out of curiosity to start weighing components.

I weighed 4 truggy tires and wheels.... ~800 grams = 1.7636981 pounds. Then I looked at my shoe goo covered body... and just put the scale away.

On my buggy it's a different story but with truggy I think the wheels make that rotating mass game a losing battle from the get-go.

Just my two cents....
aray is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM
  #2627  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default pure comedy

Originally Posted by tc5 man
il just call associated and get a other one plus i dont know the size of what hole im imposed to do and i dont want to mess it up ethier.

believe it or the guys who race thier they been going there fixing the track up during pracice on the weekends at the hut.

no it wont take me a mouth to build it but im taking my time building for sure.
im not a newbie at building kits
took me 20 minutes to read this and understand your language you type..size of what hole im IMPOSED to do.. purely one of a kind.. your everyones favorite brainiac here.. i can only imagine what youll be asking next now that you got past chassis brace. what are these black things with dots on them???? hmmm
king revo is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:03 PM
  #2628  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default omg

Originally Posted by tc5 man
il just call associated and get a other one plus i dont know the size of what hole im imposed to do and i dont want to mess it up ethier.

believe it or the guys who race thier they been going there fixing the track up during pracice on the weekends at the hut.

no it wont take me a mouth to build it but im taking my time building for sure.
im not a newbie at building kits
Originally Posted by jdcavin
I still want that sweeet lamp you had in the picture. if you send me the lamp and your truck ill put it together for you.
you guys finally see what i been seeing with this kid.. i cant believe i missed this for past 2 days..im literally lmao,by far the funniest shit all week. groovy lamp bro!!
king revo is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:17 PM
  #2629  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default no

Originally Posted by AlanHall
Does the 5k in the rear make it twitchy? Or just help with that mid corner push?
to me its just more planted,the rear comes around quicker with 7 and i feel its harder to control that on power. ( this is with 1 dot on anti squat)myself and two good friends all agree with 5 in rear,one actually likes 3 but im sticking with 5. in buggy 5 is recomended and i prefer 3 for same reason.
king revo is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
  #2630  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by king revo
you guys finally see what i been seeing with this kid.. i cant believe i missed this for past 2 days..im literally lmao,by far the funniest shit all week. groovy lamp bro!!


ok man can you stop on the insults ive stop it with you and im not a kid im a adult !
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
  #2631  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

i, took the diffs apart because i seen a good amount of "flashing" and you know how on page 5 it says use 2 plastic shims well i seen 3 of them lucky i caught it.

so i used 2 shims on the front and rear diffs.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 05:40 PM
  #2632  
Tech Apprentice
 
RickyBBad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i, took the diffs apart because i seen a good amount of "flashing" and you know how on page 5 it says use 2 plastic shims well i seen 3 of them lucky i caught it.

so i used 2 shims on the front and rear diffs.
I have to say this You are good for this page because before your issue this site was moving really slow and it was great seeing how everyone came together to help out a fellow AE man. Heck just for the publicity alone i think AE would be happy to let you keep the chassis. It saves them a fortune on advertising and is a hell of a lot cheeper then a reality show getting the same results. I knew for a fact that you had made a mistake thats why after you posted the problem i was the first one to ask you to post a picture. please don't be discourage to post any future problems. when you don't know something there is no such thing as a dumb question. Dummies don't ask questions thats why they are dumb. Now that you have jump started this page hopefully everyone one will continue to post more good information on this page for this kit and things to come.
RickyBBad is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM
  #2633  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by RickyBBad
I have to say this You are good for this page because before your issue this site was moving really slow and it was great seeing how everyone came together to help out a fellow AE man. Heck just for the publicity alone i think AE would be happy to let you keep the chassis. It saves them a fortune on advertising and is a hell of a lot cheeper then a reality show getting the same results. I knew for a fact that you had made a mistake thats why after you posted the problem i was the first one to ask you to post a picture. please don't be discourage to post any future problems. when you don't know something there is no such thing as a dumb question. Dummies don't ask questions thats why they are dumb. Now that you have jump started this page hopefully everyone one will continue to post more good information on this page for this kit and things to come.




agree thanks .

and yes there isnt a dumb question to ask espially if you are new to a diffrent brand of truggy.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:23 PM
  #2634  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
kai888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

tc5 man, are you typing from an iphone or some kind of mobile device with a small key pad?
kai888 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
  #2635  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

auhh remember the good old days of dreaux
jdcavin is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
  #2636  
SEF
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
SEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 2,151
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

This is my RC8Te CE. It's by far the easiest and most fun car to drive of all my cars Here's a few laps at Revelation Raceway. I know, it's not nitro, but let me know what you think.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
SEF is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 03:55 AM
  #2637  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
king revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 581
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default No

Originally Posted by kai888
tc5 man, are you typing from an iphone or some kind of mobile device with a small key pad?
Just illiterate, but that's what spell check is for.. It hurts to read his posts, but
But he don't care.
Ricky bad this thread went quiet because of his repetative nonsense questions for months without having an AE, but now he does so he kinda has a purpose... The chassis brace posts was the most humorous.. Thanks guys i had a horrible day till i logged on after work yesterday. Who needs comedy channel when there's tc5 on tech. More play by play posts filled with humor for us to come...
king revo is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 PM
  #2638  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (-1)
 
Rodrigo360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Track
Posts: 52
Talking NAtional Championship

Hi,

This weekend I've National Championship (Colombia) for Truggy and Buggy. Currently I'm the only driver with a RC8T across the country, I hope to make a good representation and show that this is a great car for high-level events.
I appreciate any help or tips that you can give me for a better performance.






This is the track, currently they change delimitation and packed the surface. The track have changes from dirt to carpet on almost all the curves. Please let me know a recommended setup and tires.

Thanks

PS. And this is my Truggy


Last edited by Rodrigo360; 03-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Rodrigo360 is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
  #2639  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

i, put together the front end axles and noticed the back and forth play i guess thats ok ? i did notice some metal burrs around the axle so i had to smooth them out .

i, dint get to do the front center axle because im missing the pin that has a ingrave into it so i have to call associated and no i dint lose it .

how can you tell when they ware than ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 08:21 PM
  #2640  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

What fuel tank is that?
AlanHall is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.