Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
  #2506  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by RickyBBad
Im a Tower member. membership only cost $9.99 and you can use the code one your first order so you can use $10.00 off for the membership and the remanding $40.00 off the kit and did i forget to say all shipping is free.



im a member to i get the catalogs in the mail but i think i must of thrown away the most current one by accient lol.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 PM
  #2507  
Tech Apprentice
 
RickyBBad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 76
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im a member to i get the catalogs in the mail but i think i must of thrown away the most current one by accient lol.
they send the codes by email.

Enhanced Savings for Members Only

Save Up To $50.00 Off Your Next Order

Place a qualifying order and for a limited time we'll subtract up to $50.00 from the total. All you have to do is click on the appropriate ad number in the list on the right and it will be placed in your shopping cart. The more you order, the more you save.
If Your Order Totals: YOU SAVE Use Ad#
$100.00 - $124.99 $15.00 016GN
$125.00 - $149.99 $20.00 016GP
$150.00 - $199.99 $25.00 016GR
$200.00 - $224.99 $30.00 016GT
$225.00 - $249.99 $35.00 016GV
$250.00 - $299.99 $40.00 016GW
$300.00 or more $50.00 016GX
Remember, as a #1 Super Saver Club Member, the standard shipping charge of $9.99 is also waived on purchases of $150 or more, increasing your savings. This special #1 Super Saver Club offer is for members only. This offer is not retroactive and not applicable to drop-ship items. Please, only one promotional ad number per order.
RickyBBad is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:00 PM
  #2508  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

i forgot to ask is there a need for a alum servo horn on the steering on the rc8t ?

i know i had to get one on my losi eights .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:06 PM
  #2509  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Mr. Revo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Doesn't hurt. My plastic servo horn lasted about 15 minutes. My friend ran one all last season, and still has it on. He has his servo saver set very lightly though.
Mr. Revo is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM
  #2510  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Revo
Doesn't hurt. My plastic servo horn lasted about 15 minutes. My friend ran one all last season, and still has it on. He has his servo saver set very lightly though.



im just going to get a alum horn than is this one good ?

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...-tips-623.html
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
  #2511  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,228
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

That one will work,

If you plan to run the Hitec servos you can also get the HD Hitec alum. servo horns. I run them on mine and they work well. They do rub a little on the forward batt. box cover, but not enough for me to worry about.
Teufel Racing is offline  
Old 03-08-2011, 09:14 PM
  #2512  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
That one will work,

If you plan to run the Hitec servos you can also get the HD Hitec alum. servo horns. I run them on mine and they work well. They do rub a little on the forward batt. box cover, but not enough for me to worry about.




i actually do run a hitec servo for my steering so il take a look at that me when i see a rub i get pernoid and fix it lol.


where the one in the pic work on good on the hitec servo also ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 AM
  #2513  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Bugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port Reading n.j.
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i actually do run a hitec servo for my steering so il take a look at that me when i see a rub i get pernoid and fix it lol.


where the one in the pic work on good on the hitec servo also ?
Yes the one in the pic will work that,s the horn i use on mine and it does not rub at all as you can see. Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-picture-011.jpg just make sure you loctite the little screws that clamp the horn on.
Bugman is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 AM
  #2514  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i actually do run a hitec servo for my steering so il take a look at that me when i see a rub i get pernoid and fix it lol.


where the one in the pic work on good on the hitec servo also ?
make sure u get the Hitec one and not the Futuba one cause that wont work with a Hitec servo ........different spline .....and they dont rub at all .......works great
BigThyperST is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:51 AM
  #2515  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by Bugman
Yes the one in the pic will work that,s the horn i use on mine and it does not rub at all as you can see. Attachment 720255 just make sure you loctite the little screws that clamp the horn on.
hey man whats this center diff top plate? part #?

Thanks
ELAD .Z. is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM
  #2516  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Bugman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Port Reading n.j.
Posts: 229
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ELAD .Z.
hey man whats this center diff top plate? part #?

Thanks
It is made by Xtreme racing, here is a link.

http://www.rcplanet.com/Xtreme_Racin.../xtr10911m.htm
Bugman is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
  #2517  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by BigThyperST
make sure u get the Hitec one and not the Futuba one cause that wont work with a Hitec servo ........different spline .....and they dont rub at all .......works great





bigthyperst: i know that yea im pernoid if anything is rubbing lol.

bugman: yea im getting that one than it looks good to that thing wont get loose if you locktite it .


bugman : yea i looked at that carbon fiber plate it says it gets rid of the bushing and you can use bigger bearings
it sounds like its worth it.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
  #2518  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 148
Default

aight thanks dude
btw the fact that theres bearings instead of nothing sounds pretty good..
ELAD .Z. is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
  #2519  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
dragracechief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, Wa.
Posts: 539
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The thing I dont like about those center diff top plates is there are no stops like the stockers so be carful setting up because the brakes can drag at full throttle.
dragracechief is offline  
Old 03-09-2011, 02:56 PM
  #2520  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

Originally Posted by dragracechief
The thing I dont like about those center diff top plates is there are no stops like the stockers so be carful setting up because the brakes can drag at full throttle.



oh im not getting that than il stick with stock diff plate.
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.