Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i do have a question though does the rc8t need rear alum hubs for bearing life ?[/QUOTE]
The RC8T Does not need alum rear hubs, but I do believe that the RC8B and RC8T CE should include the front alum. steering knuckles and the rear alum. hubs in the kits.They should also include the graphite servo tray, alum. servo tray posts, and graphite center diff top plate. They should also include all Lite upgrades.

I also think the front outer hinge pins should be larger dia. and the rear outer hinge pins should also be larger.
I also think the front upper chassis stiffener should be made of graphite as an option (or included)and also front and rear graphite towers should also be an option (or included) (maybe make a graphite pro kit version, and an Alum Pro kit Version)with more holes for adjustments, I also think front and rear lower arms should also have more holes for adjustments.

This is just my opinion though.

I have also thought of having a larger scale version of the B44.1 front ends on the RC8B and RC8T CE, as an option or at least they should be testing front ends on these 2 1/8 scales just to see how they fair.
^^^ is also my opinion, I thought of when the RC8 first came out, except it was either the BJ4 or B44.
and recently I have thought what if the TTR EB4 S3 pro front end was on the RC8 series of vehicles.

ok, enough thinking. Have fun!!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
i do have a question though does the rc8t need rear alum hubs for bearing life ?
The RC8T Does not need alum rear hubs, but I do believe that the RC8B and RC8T CE should include the front alum. steering knuckles and the rear alum. hubs in the kits.They should also include the graphite servo tray, alum. servo tray posts, and graphite center diff top plate. They should also include all Lite upgrades.

I also think the front outer hinge pins should be larger dia. and the rear outer hinge pins should also be larger.
I also think the front upper chassis stiffener should be made of graphite as an option (or included)and also front and rear graphite towers should also be an option (or included) (maybe make a graphite pro kit version, and an Alum Pro kit Version)with more holes for adjustments, I also think front and rear lower arms should also have more holes for adjustments.

I have also thought of having a larger scale version of the B44.1 front ends on the RC8B and RC8T CE, as an option or at least they should be testing front ends on these 2 1/8 scales just to see how they fair.
^^^ is also my opinion, I thought of when the RC8 first came out, except it was either the BJ4 or B44.
and recently I have thought what if the TTR EB4 S3 pro front end was on the RC8 series of vehicles.

ok, enough thinking. Have fun!![/QUOTE]

thats cool theres no need for alum rear hubs i mean i can always get the graphite things and the alum parts.

whats the need for the alum front hubs just curious ?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man

ok, enough thinking. Have fun!!

thats cool theres no need for alum rear hubs i mean i can always get the graphite things and the alum parts.[/QUOTE]

No need.
I have not broken any rear hubs on my rc8RTR(no longer in service), my RC8T FT, nor my SC8(not driven yet due to snow).
I just started racing my truggy mid 2010 (not including some bashing)or after and the only thing broken(actually bent) was a rear outer hinge pin. I have popped off a steering link a few times(need new ends and balls before new season) and also the rear camber plastic rod ends seem to be bending( at the shock tower)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have had ZERO problems with the fuel Tank!! I did order a new tank to install for new season ONLY b/c of bling, (brand new white tank looks nicer than a stained tank)
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

thats cool theres no need for alum rear hubs i mean i can always get the graphite things and the alum parts.
No need.
I have not broken any rear hubs on my rc8RTR(no longer in service), my RC8T FT, nor my SC8(not driven yet due to snow).
I just started racing my truggy mid 2010 (not including some bashing)or after and the only thing broken(actually bent) was a rear outer hinge pin. I have popped off a steering link a few times(need new ends and balls before new season) and also the rear camber plastic rod ends seem to be bending( at the shock tower)[/QUOTE]

yea, every 1/8 truggy has a weak point anyways like my eight-t the rear hub hinge pins bent easy . i did have my steering ball cups pop off a few times thats about it on that.

i ,defietly would go with the rc8t ce i was looking at the limted edition one but the guy on here mark k that i raced with told me not to get it . it is a lot cheaper though.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

ohh I forgot, I did crack a front upper c-hub AT the front upper camber link mounting hole.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Prophet

ohh I forgot, I did crack a front upper c-hub AT the front upper camber link mounting hole.

dam you must of had a hard landing was it nosediving i know that can cause that for sure ive done it before lol.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i did this before... by over tightening them! lol but its still on the truck for the passed 3 race days..
Old 01-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What tires are you guys using for bashing? I too am looking for a tire that will last longer than pins for around the house and on the street.

This question was asked way back but was never answered, I read all 150 pages.

Thanks for your time!
DK
Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Around the house and street? Hmm. The cheapest ones you can find in the used section? Lol
Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
Around the house and street? Hmm. The cheapest ones you can find in the used section? Lol
you heading to flowood?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For a tire that lasts, look for a large lugs, like the Pro-Line knuckles.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BigAlz
lol, thanks, I've posted up something in the wtb section.

Originally Posted by rc pete
For a tire that lasts, look for a large lugs, like the Pro-Line knuckles.
I searched ebay for those specific tires and only seem to be able to find them in '2.0'. I'm assuming I need 4" inner dia tires for the truggy wheels? I like the idea of a large lug tire, I could def make those work. Any ideas of what to search for and I'll do some research.

I'm thinking maybe a wheel and tire combo off a traxxas would fit my needs as well, but I really want to steer clear of a 'flashy' wheel. I like the dish or black spoke wheels the best.

In the first few pages of this thread I remember seeing a guy that had some streetish tires on his truggy wheels, looked great. I wouldn't mind having a set of those either.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdcavin
you heading to flowood?
no sir.. i raced.. i mean attempted to race at finish line saturday. i was planning on flowood and NOT finishline but my schedule got flipped around. i have a guy comeing from Oklahoma for a big car audio job this weekend. but thats also my play money
Old 01-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Bashing wheels

I figured you could use other 17mm hex wheels and you can, like from: Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 E-Maxx Revo Revo 3.3 Revo Platinum E-Revo HPI Savage XL Savage Flux Savage 4.6 Savage X SS and the Losi XXL, etc.

Guy on youtube is running these on his rc8te:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

3.8 M2 Proline Trencher Tires and 40 Series Tech 5 Black Wheels

Says: "It is a lot of rotating mass for a truggy, makes it twitchy in the air."

I still make pick them up as I like the look but Ill also look for a lighter combo

SPECS:
Tires-
Diameter: 6.89 (175mm)
Width: 3.43 (87mm)
Wheels-
Mounting Dia.: 3.82 (97mm)
Width: 2.75 (70mm)
Hex Size: 17mm
Offset: -0.76 (19mm)
Backspacing: 2.14 (54mm)
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-rc8t-proline-trenchers-tech-5-wheels.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.