Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Did you do 50/50

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
You are correct, I mixed 7 and 10 to get 8.5.
Did you just mix them 50/50 (useing the standard AE bottle)
Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Klink
Did you just mix them 50/50 (useing the standard AE bottle)
Yes.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

HI guys, are the shocks from the FT edition and the CE edition the same?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Winter Stock Up

Hey guys over the winter I was going to stock up on some parts so when I was at the track I would have the main parts on hand. What would you keep on hand. And how many. Do A lot of Guys use the 1/8 off road setup stuff are do most guys do it a differnt way
Thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Klink
Hey guys over the winter I was going to stock up on some parts so when I was at the track I would have the main parts on hand. What would you keep on hand. And how many. Do A lot of Guys use the 1/8 off road setup stuff are do most guys do it a differnt way
Thanks
On the spare parts. I actually bought a good used roller and took it apart.

I would get the a-arms, chassis braces and F/C/R diffs. Then if you do break something you don't have buy 2 of them.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

anybody know ?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i run, a eight 1.0 t with a flex chassis but im thinking about getting a diffrent truggy like the rc8t champ ed well if any of you on here has ran a 2.0 t or a 1.0 t has does the rc8t handle with the stock setup compared to them 2 ?
I have not ran any Losi products.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
I have not ran any Losi products.

oh darn ok well hows the stock setup on the rc8t champ ed does it drive smooth and have a lot of steering is it twichy ?

somebody did tell me that i would have change a few things to get it to handle better on a rough track .

and whats the weak areas on this truggy is it tough ?

and does it jump good nice level ?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I do not have the CE version, so I could not help you there.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i run, a eight 1.0 t with a flex chassis but im thinking about getting a diffrent truggy like the rc8t champ ed well if any of you on here has ran a 2.0 t or a 1.0 t has does the rc8t handle with the stock setup compared to them 2 ?
I have run the 1.0 and the 2.0. and recently switched over to the CE edition. I like the associated a little more i think. Im still new with the truck. I only have like 5-6 races with it, but I like how much more steering throw the CE has over the Losi. It seems to land softer with less bounce than the losi too.
Im turning the same laptimes with it as i was with the Losi. I switched only because i wanted to try something different, and have been very happy so far. The truck is a lot less expensive and has more tuning adjustments then Losi out of the box. You have to buy extra parts for the losi to adjust rear toe, anti squat ect... After building it, I think it is a better built truck (less slop). Not to say i ever broke anything on the Losi though. I think it handles the bumpiness of Hobby Hut better too. If you decide to go with it you wont be dissapointed and your wallet will thank you too.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Mark K
I have run the 1.0 and the 2.0. and recently switched over to the CE edition. I like the associated a little more i think. Im still new with the truck. I only have like 5-6 races with it, but I like how much more steering throw the CE has over the Losi. It seems to land softer with less bounce than the losi too.
Im turning the same laptimes with it as i was with the Losi. I switched only because i wanted to try something different, and have been very happy so far. The truck is a lot less expensive and has more tuning adjustments then Losi out of the box. You have to buy extra parts for the losi to adjust rear toe, anti squat ect... After building it, I think it is a better built truck (less slop). Not to say i ever broke anything on the Losi though. I think it handles the bumpiness of Hobby Hut better too. If you decide to go with it you wont be dissapointed and your wallet will thank you too.

um sounds good yea i know the eights tend not to have max steering throw
yea i like that the rc8t has more adjustments and not haveing to buy $$ upgrades lol.

so its less sloppy and it lands softly and doesnt bounce like the eights -t s do . the eight-t s do bounce off big jumps for some odd reason i dont like that ethier.

so the rc8t handles the rough better at the hut defietly a plus

what about the high rear shock tower does that affect the handling ?

how heavy is the rc8t champ ed ?

well i might wait to see during jan or feb if associated has a sale on rc8t champ ed .
Old 11-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

um sounds good yea i know the eights tend not to have max steering throw
yea i like that the rc8t has more adjustments and not haveing to buy $$ upgrades lol.

so its less sloppy and it lands softly and doesnt bounce like the eights -t s do . the eight-t s do bounce off big jumps for some odd reason i dont like that ethier.

so the rc8t handles the rough better at the hut defietly a plus

what about the high rear shock tower does that affect the handling ?

how heavy is the rc8t champ ed ?

well i might wait to see during jan or feb if associated has a sale on rc8t champ ed .
It's listed at 9.3 lbs. so it's a little heavier, I think it feels stable. You can find the CE on discount RC for $480 right now. It's $520 most places...
Old 11-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Do-Over
It's listed at 9.3 lbs. so it's a little heavier, I think it feels stable. You can find the CE on discount RC for $480 right now. It's $520 most places...

9.3 pounds, that is heavy i think my eight-t 1.0 with the flex chassis is around 8 pounds now with it being heavyer hows that affect jumping whould it cause nose up problems or anything like that ? i do like stable so im guessing you can drive it pretty hard than.

$480 is good ! wheres thats price at ?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

9.3 pounds, that is heavy i think my eight-t 1.0 with the flex chassis is around 8 pounds now with it being heavyer hows that affect jumping whould it cause nose up problems or anything like that ? i do like stable so im guessing you can drive it pretty hard than.

$480 is good ! wheres thats price at ?
Discount RC.

I can't comment on the jumping characteristics. I bought an RS and have been upgrading. I'm not done yet but it mine jumps very flat. The weight I gave you was off the website. Also the 8t 2.0 is around 8.5 if memory serves me so it's not that much heavier. The straight cut diff gears on these are bulletproof for me so thats one less thing to worry about only thing I have to replace regularly is shock standoffs and steering rod ends.... (from wrecks). With all the diff and arm problems the other trucks have I don't think I'd buy another brand. I know some people can get them right and not have trouble but it's something I'd just rather not have to fool with. I'm about to give up on upgrading this thing and buy a CE here within a month or two and save this one for parts... I can't see another brand being as tough as this one, the parts that do break do so to save expensive parts. It's super easy to work on too. I don't for see myself switching anytime soon... If I had to... maybe Xray...
Old 11-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Discount RC.

I can't comment on the jumping characteristics. I bought an RS and have been upgrading. I'm not done yet but it mine jumps very flat. The weight I gave you was off the website. Also the 8t 2.0 is around 8.5 if memory serves me so it's not that much heavier. The straight cut diff gears on these are bulletproof for me so thats one less thing to worry about only thing I have to replace regularly is shock standoffs and steering rod ends.... (from wrecks). With all the diff and arm problems the other trucks have I don't think I'd buy another brand. I know some people can get them right and not have trouble but it's something I'd just rather not have to fool with. I'm about to give up on upgrading this thing and buy a CE here within a month or two and save this one for parts... I can't see another brand being as tough as this one, the parts that do break do so to save expensive parts. It's super easy to work on too. I don't for see myself switching anytime soon... If I had to... maybe Xray...

thats not to much heavyer il proberty not notice a diffrence than jumping wise accept maybe softer landings like mark k was saying. but with the ce edition does that come with better shock standoffs and steering rod ends ?
if you know .

also hows the stock setup on a rough rutty track ?

it sounds like the wear and slop isnt a issue on this truggy .

i only club race and go to money races at my track i run in a sportsman truggy class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.