Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 11-10-2010, 11:58 AM
  #1921  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (35)
 
mmaattppllaayy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 836
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default

just go on avids bearing website and buy their orings much thicker and stiffer compound than regular orings. They are much easier to put on than the metal rings too. Its like 2.99 for a 4 pack i think. well worth it
mmaattppllaayy is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 12:06 PM
  #1922  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy
just go on avids bearing website and buy their orings much thicker and stiffer compound than regular orings. They are much easier to put on than the metal rings too. Its like 2.99 for a 4 pack i think. well worth it
Shoe goo will work for now but if problem persists, (I have no trouble with this personally) ^this is the fix.
Do-Over is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 01:43 PM
  #1923  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

is the streering mod the only real change besides bolt on aluminum parts VS the FT kit? im looking for a reason to get rid of the FT and get a CE .. LOL but the steering is the only real thing i can find different.. well and the radio tray...
AlanHall is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:01 PM
  #1924  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Klink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aberdeen South Dakota
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Turning on the Rc8t

I haver the RtR Rc8t I have changed the servos to hobbico cs170, Corbon fiber shock towers, .21 reedy motor, Aluminum chassis brace's , Aluminum Shocks, Racers Edge Servo Savers But the Deal pushs when I turn corners I have to let all they way off the gas and then it dont really tune any way what should I do to help this thanks Guys
Klink is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 08:53 PM
  #1925  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
gholt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 234
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Klink
I haver the RtR Rc8t I have changed the servos to hobbico cs170, Corbon fiber shock towers, .21 reedy motor, Aluminum chassis brace's , Aluminum Shocks, Racers Edge Servo Savers But the Deal pushs when I turn corners I have to let all they way off the gas and then it dont really tune any way what should I do to help this thanks Guys
try going down on your caster
gholt13 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 01:52 AM
  #1926  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 946
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

is the servo saver set loose.

Last edited by mgtmadness2007; 11-11-2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: spelling.
mgtmadness2007 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
  #1927  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
chevydc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

does anybody know how i can make the truck lighter i picked up my friends mbx6t and it's alot lighter i have the rc8tce
chevydc44 is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
  #1928  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by chevydc44
does anybody know how i can make the truck lighter i picked up my friends mbx6t and it's alot lighter i have the rc8tce
Aluminum outdrives, titanium screws and links, milling the chassis if you have access to a machine shop. I've drove the mugen and mine and while lighter is faster in the right hands it's also twitchy to drive in mine.
Do-Over is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 AM
  #1929  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
is the servo saver set loose.
+1, also toe and shock wt. (RTR comes with 50wt., and 0 front toe)
Do-Over is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 AM
  #1930  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Klink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aberdeen South Dakota
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default what is a good set up

Originally Posted by Do-Over
+1, also toe and shock wt. (RTR comes with 50wt., and 0 front toe)
Just going to put in differnt shock and diff oils what is a good starting point and what toe should i run thanksi
Klink is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 09:54 AM
  #1931  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Originally Posted by Klink
Just going to put in differnt shock and diff oils what is a good starting point and what toe should i run thanksi
ShaneRacers setup is what I use. It calls for 35wt all around with silver springs, 7 front, 8.5 center, and 7 rear. 2* of toe out.

Actually just PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the setup. You really need to do the whole thing to make it work together. You don't have to do it all at once you can see what each thing affects doing 1 at a time.
Do-Over is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 06:59 PM
  #1932  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (43)
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 3,011
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigAlz
is the streering mod the only real change besides bolt on aluminum parts VS the FT kit? im looking for a reason to get rid of the FT and get a CE .. LOL but the steering is the only real thing i can find different.. well and the radio tray...
so its correct? should i just keep it? or is the ce different
AlanHall is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM
  #1933  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
Scott_Mantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 184
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigAlz
is the streering mod the only real change besides bolt on aluminum parts VS the FT kit? im looking for a reason to get rid of the FT and get a CE .. LOL but the steering is the only real thing i can find different.. well and the radio tray...
The only other difference i seen between the two, apart from what you had mentioned (Alloy towers, Steering setup) is they run a narrower Hub, and the Jconcepts wing/body... hope that helps..
Scott_Mantis is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 07:38 PM
  #1934  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,692
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sriley
I had it happen to me once with about 5 seconds before the race started. I think Avid sells an o-ring that takes the place of the ring. Or you could just go to a hardware store and see what o-ring they have.
done it, works great. lowe's orings.
j_blaze14 is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 03:10 AM
  #1935  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 946
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BigAlz
so its correct? should i just keep it? or is the ce different
also different geometry as the rear tower has more shock loacation like the front and more camber locations.

I will probably switch to RC8B and RC8T CE if I decide not to switch brands.
mgtmadness2007 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.