Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone every break there chassis? I got mine together, went out and ran all my heats and in the main took a small jump and it broke right before the rear gearbox.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I haven't heard of anyone's chassis breaking. I abused mine pretty hard at the track I race at jumping a 45' long triple. The only thing O broke was the rear chassis brace. I wonder if yours was broken and then the chassis just gave out.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I bought it brand new. Called AE and they said it wouldnt be covered under warrenty. They said it was "crash related" even though I was not in a crash.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by harleyhoots
I bought it brand new. Called AE and they said it wouldnt be covered under warrenty. They said it was "crash related" even though I was not in a crash.
How many gallons on it? If you had less than 1 gallon I think it's pretty shady to not warranty it. I'm actually surprised because they've always been good to me. I understand that the nature of the hobby means they can't warranty everything but a new chassis breaking with very little time on it, if that's the case, I think they should cover. I hope you get it figured out. If not, I'd try eBay for a chassis, you can usually find one there pretty reasonable.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I converted it to electric. Have maybe 10 packs ran through it.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hello all i just bought a rtr rc8t and the tires aare balk already becasue when i just want to run a few tanks i run at my house and its just pavement i was wondering if there are any tires that fit the stock wheel size that are good for bashing and wont wear fast
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Hey.... At least you get tires with it. In all honesty any truggy racer knows you can't bank on one set of tires anyway so why worry that the yellows aren't that useful, at least it's something to get started with and a baseline to work from. Just my thoughts on it. I run blue crosshairs and sevens and I can usually make one or the other work where ever I go.
cause id rather pay 70 bucks less for the truck and use that money for tires that are usefull. i have other aka tires. but was hoping since the truck comes with JC they would be useable.. the last season i raced i had 1 set of holeshots and one set of cityblocks. all i needed....
Old 11-10-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

For the guy with the chassis problem, I would look on ebay for a chassis. If they wont warranty it, its probably because you are the only one this has happened to. I had a cracked tank in mine, they sent me 2 new ones. In my opinion, they have great customer service. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

anybody have problems with the pins coming out of the rear hubs? Its already happend twice. It happened once when I was running my RC8T on the driveway while breaking in my new engine, so it wasn't at high speeds and then again at the track after a triple. It seems the ring around the hub seems to move and the pins just come off. Is there anything I can replace that ring with?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pistolpete1982
anybody have problems with the pins coming out of the rear hubs? Its already happend twice. It happened once when I was running my RC8T on the driveway while breaking in my new engine, so it wasn't at high speeds and then again at the track after a triple. It seems the ring around the hub seems to move and the pins just come off. Is there anything I can replace that ring with?
I'm assuming you're talking about the CVD joint pin coming out? Just looked at my 8B and the CVD pin is completely captured within the hub bearing, unless they're different on the 8T I don't see how this is possible. By chance are you talking about the wheel hex pin?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tromoly
I'm assuming you're talking about the CVD joint pin coming out? Just looked at my 8B and the CVD pin is completely captured within the hub bearing, unless they're different on the 8T I don't see how this is possible. By chance are you talking about the wheel hex pin?
yeah the pins that hold the blue wheel hex. there is a ring that is supposed to hold the pin in the wheel hex and I think it eventually spins to where the pin can come out. When its happend the tire comes off with the wheel hex (blue hub) attached to the rim. Its kinda weird but I think the ring fits loose around the wheel hex. I know pics would explain better but don't have a camera with me.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

yeah the pins that hold the blue wheel hex. there is a ring that is supposed to hold the pin in the wheel hex and I think it eventually spins to where the pin can come out. When its happend the tire comes off with the wheel hex (blue hub) attached to the rim. Its kinda weird but I think the ring fits loose around the wheel hex. I know pics would explain better but don't have a camera with me.
Dab of shoe goo on the ring.... problem solved!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had it happen to me once with about 5 seconds before the race started. I think Avid sells an o-ring that takes the place of the ring. Or you could just go to a hardware store and see what o-ring they have.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Dab of shoe goo on the ring.... problem solved!
thats exactly what I was thinking of doing. i'll give it a shot. thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Have not had that problem with mt RC8T. I always make sure the ring is centered over the pins, I also think I have a set screw that holds them also. I cant remember.
The only thing I have ever go wrong was a bent out rear hinge pin, but I do alot of cart wheels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.