Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
good thing you can drive!!!
Hey, I'm a block mason. What do you expect
Old 08-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Are there any upgrades for the RC8T CE that I should look at over the winter. I have King Headz quick change motor mount, steering blocks and hub carriers. That I got off a roller I bought for parts. Also what part wear out that will need replacing.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

I know I have asked a similar question before but this has a twist.... I have the RS most of you know this it is my 1st year in 1/8 offroad I had planned on upgrading this and continuing next year with it but I got a little lucky and will be able to purchase a new kit by the beginning of next year. (January) I'm wondering, the CE v.s. the FT I know the CE is championship edition but it seems like the FT with all the carbon fiber would actually be the more top end machine anyone care to comment on that? Sorry I got off topic, when I get my new kit I want to still do some upgrades to my RS so that my GF and/or Father could competitively race with me. I see that Integy makes the rear hub carriers and a few other parts I wanted to upgrade. Are these up to par with the FT parts or at least significantly better than the RS parts?

Let me simplify:
FT v.s. CE?
Integy v.s. FT upgrades for RS?

Here's another edit I just thought of something else I wanted to ask while I had all these out here. How does the gearing work? Up or Down on CB for ? Up or Down on Spur for ? I hope that makes since. In MX you went up on 1 and down on the other to get lower gearing if my memory serves me, are these the same? If so, up on what and down on what to achieve what.... LOL again I hope you understand what I'm asking.

Oh and Shane, I'm a heavy equipment operator, and I have laid a cord or two myself. Good to see some hard working people that are competitive in this hobby. I was beginning to think everyone in it was just rich or something. Ha!

Thanks for your time, and dealing with a rookie with a million questions,

Rich

Last edited by Do-Over; 08-11-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have laid a cord or two myself
And I thought you'd never tell....
Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

I left out the arrow as a cheap way of talking in code. Cat's outta the bag now!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

my vote:
- CE is a more updated truck, I prefer it (I have a FT too)

- On upgrades for the RS, the FT vs. Integy vs. Generics on ebay I haven't noticed a difference on the rear hub carriers. I'm sure the FT are sexier units but they all do the same job.... I wouldn't upgrade much else with aluminum though besides the carriers tho...

I know Integy makes all kinds of stuff for bling purposes that you don't need. We had a guy come out to the track with a fully Integy'd out RC8....I think it weighed 15lbs, it took him one race to figure out the car worked much better with the plastics in most places. I think he left the carriers and chassis braces and that was it.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

His Truggy was heavier and wallet was much lighter.

CE edition
Old 08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

How much lighter would the carbon fiber towers make on the CE?

Going to get a CE pretty soon and was wondering about the little things that would make it lighter.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mlbracing

Going to get a CE pretty soon and was wondering about the little things that would make it lighter.
I would think the difference between the alum towers and the cf are negligible...but I don't have a scale handy so I'm speculating. The new alum towers also have additional tuning options so I'd keep em'.

Don't get pulled in by the bling.... in the CE that plastic radio tray works just fine and accommodates the front batt compartment where the carbon fiber doesn't, most say the plastic chassis braces allow more flex and are preferred, etc...
Old 08-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I was just wondering if it would make a difference or not.

I haven't planned on getting anything for it but maybe the lightened outdrives. But besides that I have no plans on upgrading anything.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mlbracing

They are actually a good bit lighter, but you have to make a choice of wether or not they are enough difference to justify the cost of two towers. Plus to run the punisher body, there is an aluminum adapter you need from JC, so there is another cost, the stock CE towers have the holes already for the punisher. You could probably expect around 40 grams difference when changing both out.

The benefit to the weight being taken out of the towers as opposed to other places is that the weight comes off the top of the truck.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do-Over, I have never owned them but have read things on here about the integy stuff being low quality, bending, anodizing coming off etc.. One of our local racers got some aftermarket rear hubs off ebay that look identical to the AE ones, but they are black anodized not blue. They have been good for him but sorry I dont know the name.

As far as the trucks, it would be worth any extra to go a head and get the CE as apposed to the FT. comes with many upgrades that eventually you would probably find yourself buying, not just for bling but also durability.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

anyone running the novarossi toro nero in there rc8t? if so whats it like?
thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the replies. I've already got my wishlist made up for January. The CE, Hitec servos, my Futaba TX (I already use), gonna try out the Reedy motor, AE 2035, and the Dynamite Bump box(the one with dual 750s). As you know I have the RS now. I want to keep it in shape so my GF or my father can join the hobby with me. I have all the basic nitro stuff already. Anything I'll want right away for the truck? Money won't be an issue. I have a big check coming at the end of January. So throw some suggestions at me to research if you had a get whatever you want cause you have plenty of money card.... What would you buy?

I just like to keep this thread going it's my favorite one to look thru. If I get TOO annoying just tell me shut up for a while!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Do-Over if you money by the end of Jan (tax time lol!) stock up on tires that what i would do its you best bet!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.