Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 PM
  #1681  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default Ohio State Fair

I had the pleasure nay the privilege of watching and briefly talking to both Brandon and Shane this weekend at the fair. These guys are very very fast which I'm sure you all know by now and both were very friendly to me as well. I just wanted to thank you both for taking the time to answer a couple questions and throwing a little advice my way. I wish I had my truggy up and running in time to compete as well in the sportsman's class but as it turned out I probably couldn't have afforded the tires that track required. Most guys I talked to were only getting 1 or 2 Qualifiers per set. I never had a chance to ask you two what you ran(tires) and also, Brandon, what pipe were you running on your Reedy? That thing sounded amazing down the straight.

Oh and how did you both finish in the buggy A-main I had to leave just before it...
Do-Over is offline  
Old 08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
  #1682  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I ran a Reedy 2035 on both the truggy and buggy engines this weekend. It was geared with a 54/14. On larger tracks I use a 52/14 or even sometimes a 54/15 for really flowing tracks with a long straight. Glad you enjoyed the race and it was nice to race with a lot of new faces. I for sure want to come back next year. Shane's a super nice guy and thanks to him for the hospitality and opening up his house to me.
Brandon Melton is offline  
Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 AM
  #1683  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
1fastdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sinsinnati
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Eli- are you using the HD shafts with the 4mm threads, or the older shafts that have the threads that are smaller? I had it happen a few times with the older ones, but not with the HD ends.
Yes, I'm using the new larger diameter shafts. I talked with Sean yesterday and was told that I had not screwed the shock shaft ends on far enough! I didn't think I could get the droop where it needed to be by screwing the ends in that far. I will try it and should be good to go. I have pulled the shock shaft ends off about 4 times now
1fastdude is offline  
Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 AM
  #1684  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Shane Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marysville, Oh
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I had the pleasure nay the privilege of watching and briefly talking to both Brandon and Shane this weekend at the fair. These guys are very very fast which I'm sure you all know by now and both were very friendly to me as well. I just wanted to thank you both for taking the time to answer a couple questions and throwing a little advice my way. I wish I had my truggy up and running in time to compete as well in the sportsman's class but as it turned out I probably couldn't have afforded the tires that track required. Most guys I talked to were only getting 1 or 2 Qualifiers per set. I never had a chance to ask you two what you ran(tires) and also, Brandon, what pipe were you running on your Reedy? That thing sounded amazing down the straight.

Oh and how did you both finish in the buggy A-main I had to leave just before it...
It was good to meet you too. Maybe you can make it next year. I look for this race to keep getting bigger every year. We were running JC bald tires lol.

Results.

http://www.crcrc.com/results/2009201...alResults.html

Brandon, My doors open anytime you want to come back. We'll muffle the grandfather clock for you next time though lol.
Shane Racer is offline  
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
  #1685  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
NitroFreakManHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstairs, Canada
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Yes, I'm using the new larger diameter shafts. I talked with Sean yesterday and was told that I had not screwed the shock shaft ends on far enough! I didn't think I could get the droop where it needed to be by screwing the ends in that far. I will try it and should be good to go. I have pulled the shock shaft ends off about 4 times now

That's strange, I've never had this happen to mine. What even more puzzling is that I put a drop of oil on the threads before I thread them on, and never had one come out. I've yet to bend or break a shock shaft on it either. I've put over 25 gallons through it, and I'm just an average driver. Hopefully you can get it figured out.
NitroFreakManHo is offline  
Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
  #1686  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default buggy set up

hey shane racer can you post the link to your set up sheets for both buggy and truggy. i race on a really really rough track and like to try your set up to see if it will work for me. thanks.
debo179 is offline  
Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
  #1687  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Shane Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marysville, Oh
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by debo179
hey shane racer can you post the link to your set up sheets for both buggy and truggy. i race on a really really rough track and like to try your set up to see if it will work for me. thanks.

There is not a link anywhere to my setups but if you pm me your email I will send you a pdf of the setups when I get to work tomorrow.
Shane Racer is offline  
Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
  #1688  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Tbizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Palmer, MA
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey Shane...

Do you care if your setup gets posted somewhere? I've got somewhere to host it if you're cool with it. I'm sure you get asked for it a lot.
Tbizz is offline  
Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 PM
  #1689  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Shane Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marysville, Oh
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Go right ahead.
Shane Racer is offline  
Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
  #1690  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i have a quickie, my buggy is dialed except for the rear, it does everything good but over some rough sections it doesnt stick, would I add ride height to help with loamy bumpy tracks?
blackbeardrollo is offline  
Old 08-07-2010, 04:40 AM
  #1691  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (74)
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

hey guys whats the best servo horn for steering on my rc8t?
thanks
aussies1129 is offline  
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 AM
  #1692  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
flippz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey guys whats the best servo horn for steering on my rc8t?
thanks
http://shop.robitronic.com/car-acces...am=SERVO%20ARM

BEST IN THE BUSINESS!
flippz is offline  
Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
  #1693  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

^^^ I use those same ones by Answer RC they're very high quality! If you could break one with normal use I would be suprised....


Thanks for E-mailing me those setups Shane. I'm headed to the track tomorrow to test it out. I do need to get the FT rear uprights, 8.5 for center diff and a spring package to get it exact but I"m gonna go with it till I get those. Thanks again!

Rich

Last edited by Do-Over; 08-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Do-Over is offline  
Old 08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
  #1694  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (15)
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I have an irritating but ongoing issue with my rc8b and t with the diffs. Even with fresh orings, and the oil level filled to below the top of the gears, and greasing the orings on the outdrives, after one run, they start spitting diff oil. Anyone else have this problem?
xxxtcr is offline  
Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
  #1695  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Tbizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Palmer, MA
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shane's setup - for all to see

Shanes RC8T Setup
Tbizz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.