Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ohio State Fair

I had the pleasure nay the privilege of watching and briefly talking to both Brandon and Shane this weekend at the fair. These guys are very very fast which I'm sure you all know by now and both were very friendly to me as well. I just wanted to thank you both for taking the time to answer a couple questions and throwing a little advice my way. I wish I had my truggy up and running in time to compete as well in the sportsman's class but as it turned out I probably couldn't have afforded the tires that track required. Most guys I talked to were only getting 1 or 2 Qualifiers per set. I never had a chance to ask you two what you ran(tires) and also, Brandon, what pipe were you running on your Reedy? That thing sounded amazing down the straight.

Oh and how did you both finish in the buggy A-main I had to leave just before it...
Old 08-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran a Reedy 2035 on both the truggy and buggy engines this weekend. It was geared with a 54/14. On larger tracks I use a 52/14 or even sometimes a 54/15 for really flowing tracks with a long straight. Glad you enjoyed the race and it was nice to race with a lot of new faces. I for sure want to come back next year. Shane's a super nice guy and thanks to him for the hospitality and opening up his house to me.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
Eli- are you using the HD shafts with the 4mm threads, or the older shafts that have the threads that are smaller? I had it happen a few times with the older ones, but not with the HD ends.
Yes, I'm using the new larger diameter shafts. I talked with Sean yesterday and was told that I had not screwed the shock shaft ends on far enough! I didn't think I could get the droop where it needed to be by screwing the ends in that far. I will try it and should be good to go. I have pulled the shock shaft ends off about 4 times now
Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I had the pleasure nay the privilege of watching and briefly talking to both Brandon and Shane this weekend at the fair. These guys are very very fast which I'm sure you all know by now and both were very friendly to me as well. I just wanted to thank you both for taking the time to answer a couple questions and throwing a little advice my way. I wish I had my truggy up and running in time to compete as well in the sportsman's class but as it turned out I probably couldn't have afforded the tires that track required. Most guys I talked to were only getting 1 or 2 Qualifiers per set. I never had a chance to ask you two what you ran(tires) and also, Brandon, what pipe were you running on your Reedy? That thing sounded amazing down the straight.

Oh and how did you both finish in the buggy A-main I had to leave just before it...
It was good to meet you too. Maybe you can make it next year. I look for this race to keep getting bigger every year. We were running JC bald tires lol.

Results.

http://www.crcrc.com/results/2009201...alResults.html

Brandon, My doors open anytime you want to come back. We'll muffle the grandfather clock for you next time though lol.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Yes, I'm using the new larger diameter shafts. I talked with Sean yesterday and was told that I had not screwed the shock shaft ends on far enough! I didn't think I could get the droop where it needed to be by screwing the ends in that far. I will try it and should be good to go. I have pulled the shock shaft ends off about 4 times now

That's strange, I've never had this happen to mine. What even more puzzling is that I put a drop of oil on the threads before I thread them on, and never had one come out. I've yet to bend or break a shock shaft on it either. I've put over 25 gallons through it, and I'm just an average driver. Hopefully you can get it figured out.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default buggy set up

hey shane racer can you post the link to your set up sheets for both buggy and truggy. i race on a really really rough track and like to try your set up to see if it will work for me. thanks.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by debo179
hey shane racer can you post the link to your set up sheets for both buggy and truggy. i race on a really really rough track and like to try your set up to see if it will work for me. thanks.

There is not a link anywhere to my setups but if you pm me your email I will send you a pdf of the setups when I get to work tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey Shane...

Do you care if your setup gets posted somewhere? I've got somewhere to host it if you're cool with it. I'm sure you get asked for it a lot.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Go right ahead.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a quickie, my buggy is dialed except for the rear, it does everything good but over some rough sections it doesnt stick, would I add ride height to help with loamy bumpy tracks?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hey guys whats the best servo horn for steering on my rc8t?
thanks
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey guys whats the best servo horn for steering on my rc8t?
thanks
http://shop.robitronic.com/car-acces...am=SERVO%20ARM

BEST IN THE BUSINESS!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

^^^ I use those same ones by Answer RC they're very high quality! If you could break one with normal use I would be suprised....

Thanks for E-mailing me those setups Shane. I'm headed to the track tomorrow to test it out. I do need to get the FT rear uprights, 8.5 for center diff and a spring package to get it exact but I"m gonna go with it till I get those. Thanks again!

Rich

Last edited by Do-Over; 08-07-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have an irritating but ongoing issue with my rc8b and t with the diffs. Even with fresh orings, and the oil level filled to below the top of the gears, and greasing the orings on the outdrives, after one run, they start spitting diff oil. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shane's setup - for all to see

Shanes RC8T Setup

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.