Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips >

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips

Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
  #1486  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,443
Default

Kit set-up means everything else the same except for what Shane changed. If AE was upset he wouldn't be posting it. AE test stuff as well.
Chris Reilly is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
  #1487  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default RTR?

Guys I just got back into RC after an 8 year absence and was running tenths. I bought the RS RTR. Should be here tomorrow but times have changed soooo much there wasn't much I could use from the past. I've noticed most here have went with the CE roller and it sounds great but I'm really curious is the RS at least ok......? I'm really getting worried as I've already spent a big bunch of change on the kit and some immediate upgrades and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to turn right back around and buy the CE if i wanna at least have a competitive truggy. Also, can i upgrade the RS to CE specs or at least close to it a few pcs at a time?
Do-Over is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 PM
  #1488  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

Oh and yes ppl tried to sell me on the 8ight-t 2.0 do to the better RTR kit but I'm AE all the way!
Do-Over is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM
  #1489  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default OOPS! forgot...

One more question while I'm thinking of it..... Will the JCon or PL (Punisher or Bulldog) fit the RS?
Do-Over is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 02:53 PM
  #1490  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Shane Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marysville, Oh
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marshon50
When you say kit set up are you referring to the CE? Is it available on rc10.com? Why did you make the changes, seems pretty radical from your previous setup. Details if possible like, " I went from the 18 deg castor back to 16 for outdoor because....."

Did you get spanked by AE for publicly endorsing using Losi springs to make the truck run better?
LOL,No spanking. I will probably go back to that setup for indoors next year.

The angle of my caster blocks have allways been the same. I went to 18deg because I changes the front kick up from 2dot up to 1dot witch lowers the front of the front arms and caster block. by changing to 18deg it put the caster blocks about in the same position as using 2dot up and 16deg.

Indoor is smooth and has a bunch of 180's. I lowered the front of the arms to give me more off power turn in. Outdoor is rougher so I wanted my kick up back.

Hope that makes sense lol.
Shane Racer is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
  #1491  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (32)
 
sriley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 426
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for some of the tips guys. Another question? What starter box do you guys use?
sriley is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:15 PM
  #1492  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 243
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hb tank

some pics of hb tank install

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-adam-006.jpg

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-adam-007.jpg

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-adam-010.jpg

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-adam-008.jpg

Team Associated 1/8 scale Truggy Info and Tips-adam-009.jpg
ace955 is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
  #1493  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
marshon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 899
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Shane Racer
LOL,No spanking. I will probably go back to that setup for indoors next year.

The angle of my caster blocks have allways been the same. I went to 18deg because I changes the front kick up from 2dot up to 1dot witch lowers the front of the front arms and caster block. by changing to 18deg it put the caster blocks about in the same position as using 2dot up and 16deg.

Indoor is smooth and has a bunch of 180's. I lowered the front of the arms to give me more off power turn in. Outdoor is rougher so I wanted my kick up back.
Hope that makes sense lol.
Shane, Ok, I get the arms being lowered for off power turn in....funny though even when running stock setup I never thought off power turning was a problem....It's once you get on the gas, the weight transfers to the rear and....push/understeer and no rear end rotation. For me your setup is all about getting the rear to rotate, not per se the off power turn in. Obviously they're related but the critical point for me was to get rear rotation....

So my question is about the red highlight, explain how the rougher outdoor relates to kick up....if I stop trying to finish this 12 pack, maybe it'll be clear but right now I'm think Hudy setup guide and drawing a blank!
marshon50 is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
  #1494  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

I really don't wanna be pushy but I'm very curious since my RTR kits coming tomorrow so i'll simplify and ask(with respect) again.

Can I upgrade my RC8T RS RTR to CE parts a few at a time? And....

Will the JCon Punisher and/or the PL Bulldog Lids fit on this Truggy?

Again... not trying to be pushy just really excited to get back into racing and very curious... Thanks ahead of time for any input!
Do-Over is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
  #1495  
Tech Regular
 
RUNNINONMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: YOUR MOMS HOUSE
Posts: 345
Default

yes you can up grade to ce parts but since you have been out for a longtime
just go out and have fun with it there are plenty of adjustment on the truck. and when you are really settled in you just might feel like building a rc8t ce.

and yes you can put the punisher body you just have to by the special mount
for it.
RUNNINONMT is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:32 PM
  #1496  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Shane Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marysville, Oh
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marshon50
Shane, Ok, I get the arms being lowered for off power turn in....funny though even when running stock setup I never thought off power turning was a problem....It's once you get on the gas, the weight transfers to the rear and....push/understeer and no rear end rotation. For me your setup is all about getting the rear to rotate, not per se the off power turn in. Obviously they're related but the critical point for me was to get rear rotation....

So my question is about the red highlight, explain how the rougher outdoor relates to kick up....if I stop trying to finish this 12 pack, maybe it'll be clear but right now I'm think Hudy setup guide and drawing a blank!
Any car is better in the rough with more kick up. Yes the other set up lets the rear rotate faster. That's where you get into driving style. You may be a smooth driver that goes into a corner and drives the corner. I try and drive my buggy that way but I just can't do it in truggy. If I slow down and try and be smooth with my truggy I crash. I wish I could be smooth and turn the same lap times I might get a little better milage.

Locking the rear end in might be good for me outside but not good for others.
Shane Racer is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
  #1497  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Shane Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Marysville, Oh
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Do-Over
I really don't wanna be pushy but I'm very curious since my RTR kits coming tomorrow so i'll simplify and ask(with respect) again.

Can I upgrade my RC8T RS RTR to CE parts a few at a time? And....

Will the JCon Punisher and/or the PL Bulldog Lids fit on this Truggy?

Again... not trying to be pushy just really excited to get back into racing and very curious... Thanks ahead of time for any input!
I answered your question in the jc tread with part #'s if you didn't see it yet.
Shane Racer is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:40 PM
  #1498  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default

I just seen it buddy i thanked you there and tyvm again
Do-Over is offline  
Old 06-22-2010, 06:45 PM
  #1499  
Tech Addict
 
Do-Over's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: O-H....I-O
Posts: 513
Default Oops!

Thank you too Runnin!!
Do-Over is offline  
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
  #1500  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,701
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I would return the RS (that is the rtr version right?) and get the CE. Yes you could upgrade over time but I think in the long run its cheaper to start with the good stuff.

I'd get the RC8T CE, Reedy engine, Reedy 2035 pipe, AE 1015 steering servo, AE 1313 throttle servo, and a decent radio like the DX3S instead. With an rtr your likely going to find yourself upgrading near everything on that list anyway at some point.
PTP Racing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.