Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
R/C Pro Series Dallas Video >

R/C Pro Series Dallas Video

R/C Pro Series Dallas Video

Old 09-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default R/C Pro Series Dallas Video

This first vid from the set is a montage of the day's racing. More to come I've just gotten started on this footage. Held at Johnny Cool Guy's in Euless Tx. Excellent track and some excellent racing.

Embedded
www.promofo-racing.org/RCPS-Final-Round.html

Download
http://www.promofo-racing.org/video/...inal-Round.wmv

Griz
Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nice. I wish I would have made it down there. Good work Griz.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yea it was an excellent race

It was top notch racing all day. Everyone gunning for those final spots at the Nov race. Too bad you couldn't get there. Do you live in Tx? Its a drive for me so I usually go up to Dallas when I can video two events and just stay the weekend. Last weekend turned out to be two final events for two different series. Can't ask for better stuff to go video.

Griz
Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Not from Texas, I'm up in Kansas. But it would only be about 5 hrs to travel to Dallas from here.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Good video as usual griz. What do you edit with, premiere,final cut pro ect?
Also did you get some video from rat raceway?
Old 09-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Didn't make it to Colorado

My car broke down a couple of days before I was going to go up to Denver so I didn't get any video again this year Turned out to be a plugged up catalytic converter of all things. Oh well I'll try again next year. Sure wish I could get up there Ross is a good buddy of mine. I raced in the first annual myself. I use Avid Liquid 7 to edit on a pretty mundane pc. Nothing fancy. I like Liquid because its an all in one solution. You can do everything you need too right in that program. Also it has dynamic timewarp which is what I use to do the slow motion. Renders in the background all the time and also saves everything every few seconds so if something goes wrong you loose nothing. I've crashed it a few times but I think on a newer pc dual core with sata drives and a pcix video card it would be pretty bulletproof. Even if I manage to crash it I've never lost anything so as far as I'm concerned its perfect. Any big graphics program that taxes the machine fully can be made to crash. Its how it handles the crash thats important. I've heard final cut is pretty cool. But I'd have to buy another expensive computer to use it. I'd rather spend money on better cameras. I have plenty of time on my hands so a slow computer isn't a problem.

Griz
Old 09-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Again i say this.... Griz, Great Job!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

complements as this is a quality video , i just wish we had a track like thst at home to play on..
Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks for the compliments

I really get into making these videos. Now that I'm getting the hang of running 3 cameras they are starting to get pretty good. Its a lot more work but there is no way I can get some of those shots any other way. Lots more races coming up in this part of the country. Hopefully I'll get to most of them. We are lucky here in Tx. There are lots of quality tracks. Sometimes you have to drive a few hours but its worth it. Coming up is the Sedan Nats from Houston the World Finals for the drag racing crowd and the Texas R/C Pro Series finals from Toys 4 big boys in San Antonio. I'll get some from the local tracks in Austin between the big races as well. Its going to be a great fall.

Griz
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

I can't wait to race at JCG's. I will be moving there in a couple of months, here in Denver we do have nice tracks. But knoware as big of lanes, Rat is a fun track. Hard on tires though. The only indoor electric track is MHOR, this is a very very small but fast track. It's a blue grouve track, you can run slicks but you must stay in the 2 foot racing line or youre toast. There going to try wetting the track this saterday to help with tire ware. I personally wish they would keep it a blue grouve. Anyway, looking forward to moving to dallas.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JCG is very hard on cars, lots of rocks and the like. You go through chassis pretty quick if you run there alot.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

I accually run the RTR chassies on my eight. More flex=more traction. Much cheaper... I know it's not as light but it doesn't hurt it that I can see.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default I used to live in Springs

I ran my first race at Rat in Denver. I've been over to MHOR as well but with my on-road car. There are lots of nice tracks here in Tx. N-Control in Austin and T4BB in San Antonio and the super track in Houston Gulf Coast Raceway are three others that come to mind. Also in Dallas there's Indy R/C World which is indoor. I used to have bad tire wear at Rat until I bought a set up stand and made sure my car was aligned. It really helped with the tire wear. The first year it was a lot worse than now. They had a lot more of the adobe brick sand in the mix that year. The traction was awesome but it would root a set of tires in a day easy. I practically lived at the track. There were a group of us old retired and disabled guys that hung out there on practice days. Mostly sat under the trees and worked on cars and bs'd. I have lots of fond memories from Rat. I'm the guy that programmed the gate they are using now. Its working great from what I've been hearing. They had a loose connector one one of the positions at the state race but that was easily fixed. I was supposed to come up to video the state race but my car broke down a couple of days before I was supposed to leave. Guess I dodged a bullet on that one. At least it broke down close to home so I could limp back. But getting it fixed shot my budget to go to Colorado. Oh well maybe next year. I don't miss the winters but I do miss the mountains.

Griz
Old 09-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

I allways make the A in buggy, so I feel that I should be ok in Dallas. I didn't get to run state, My fathers funeral was that weekend. We have 3 heats of buggy at every race. I herd that this year is the best it's ever been. Alot of us electric guys got into gas this year. Looking forward to racing year round down there.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yea its really picked up this year

A lot of those guys that used to run at the track in south Denver started coming to Rat towards the end of the summer. Now he's getting big crowds. I think he said he had 87 for state which is the largest field ever. Yea you should do ok here. There are some good drivers here and lots of them. I'm sure I'll see you at a race sometime. I usually go to one every weekend to video. Lately I've been getting my car back up to snuff and stuff like that so I haven't been going as much. Getting ready for the cool temps and the big races of fall.

Griz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.