Wiki Posts
Search

WERKS + Sirio engines = Bastard

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default WERKS + Sirio engines = Bastard

I have a couple Sirio Evo IV engines and a WERKS B7 Crank and Case.

I am thinking about building a bastard engine out of the parts from the 3 engines I have.. The reason is this. I have 2 Evo IV's and 1 B7.. The Piston on sleeves in the Evo's are good, but the cranks are toast. And the Crank is good in the B7 but Piston and sleeve are gone..

Will a Rod for a Werks work on the Sirio Piston? I know a Sirio Rod won't work on the Werks Crank (Crank pin is smaller).

How do you think the engine will perform? With the B7 Stroke of 16.3 and the sirio Bore of 16.35 it would be near square, but small on size. 3.42cc SHould be a screamer, but I am worried about Compression and such. This option would only require me to buy a rod..

The Other Option would be to build a Sirio bastard With EVO P/S and CL7B crank and rod, which would be a bit more money, but still cheaper than anew motor..

Please let me know what you all think? Is it worth the $49 for the rod to try it? Would the other option be worth $119?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just buy a werks B5. If you spend your money on a rod, and it doesnt work, then what? If you really want to make a frankenstien motor, go for it. I think in the long run you would have better luck with a new motor. Just my opinion.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by plus2ss
Just buy a werks B5. If you spend your money on a rod, and it doesnt work, then what? If you really want to make a frankenstien motor, go for it. I think in the long run you would have better luck with a new motor. Just my opinion.
I am leaning toward the B5 Or Alpha F850 if this doesn't pan out. I just can't really afford a new engine Right now, but could swing $50 if it will work. I how ever do not want to blow $50 if it isn't going to work, Which is why I am hoping some of the Motor GuRus will chime in and let me know..
Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

get yourself an Alpha. those engines are alot better than i thought. the last race i was at it seemed like everyone bought one to try and the guy that was selling them had a sheet full of names to order the engine for. everyone that bought one before he sold out in the first day he had one ordered atleast one more of them. one guy said he bought one and loved it so much he ordered 3 more. thats over kill IMO but they do seem like a great engine.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

It is possible to make ths motor work, like you said the compression height will be off. Timing would also be off a tad bit, I make shims to put under sleeve's to adjust timing.
I have a Rb mod Kanai evo 3 for $100.00. It's in great shape, I just went through it and rebuilt it, crank shows no wear, rod is only worn .0005, compression is awesome, top fin is broken on the head.

Rex
Old 02-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Scotty have a look T the JS engines..Great motors. No complaints so far!
Old 02-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Funking-Awesome
Scotty have a look T the JS engines..Great motors. No complaints so far!
Thanks Funk, Been considering those as well, because I hate break-in.. Which is why I got a ExTech "Full Mod" .24 for my truggy..

BTW WHere u been Bro??
Old 02-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Thanks Funk, Been considering those as well, because I hate break-in.. Which is why I got a ExTech "Full Mod" .24 for my truggy..

BTW WHere u been Bro??
Here and there...Is Heartland down?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Funking-Awesome
Here and there...Is Heartland down?
No it is still there.. They were down for a day or two doing updates, but should be working now. WWW.Heartlandrc.com